Tripowin x HBB: Mele/Olina - Discussion Thread - Olina OUT now
Jan 8, 2022 at 9:52 AM Post #646 of 1,725
Jan 28, 2022 at 8:10 AM Post #647 of 1,725
Aladdin is on Teas bracket. Different tuning, midcentric.

FD3 i cant help you with, but I prefer the tuning to fd5, specially the mids and treble. Fd5 was technical superior.

Edit:

Graph for good measure
i hope these don't sound like my FD3 i bought the mele on impulse and don't want another pair that sounds the same? How do they compare? If basically the same i will cancel mele, need to know asap.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2022 at 7:32 PM Post #651 of 1,725
The Dynamic driver is just plain better. Also the tuning has gone around the block and been refined to a high degree.
Did you get a review set? I already bought one but eager to see some reviews soon (although I guess you won't get a set until after the Chinese New year right)

Really curious to see how the Olina compares to the Oxygen based on your library and ears. I know you recc the Oxygen, so I wonder if HBB really managed to reproduce or even improve the set

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2022 at 7:38 PM Post #652 of 1,725
u think its going to be even better the the mele? that much of a diff?

Jan 28, 2022 at 10:59 PM Post #653 of 1,725
I think it's better in the larger aspect, more stage, better details, better imaging. I have a set coming but the reason I can say anything is because I have the mele shell and drivers in front of me and have been screwing around with them for months.

Given the graph, and the driver. I can't imagine this isn't as good as the O2. The few minor differences I Can see in his Squig website leads me to think it might be a hair and i mean a HAIR more detailed.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2022 at 4:25 AM Post #654 of 1,725
I think it's better in the larger aspect, more stage, better details, better imaging. I have a set coming but the reason I can say anything is because I have the mele shell and drivers in front of me and have been screwing around with them for months.

Given the graph, and the driver. I can't imagine this isn't as good as the O2. The few minor differences I Can see in his Squig website leads me to think it might be a hair and i mean a HAIR more detailed.
As the driver of short bus, would you offload the O2 if you think they sound so similar? Olina is less than half the price. I'm going to end up with both but I expect to sell one of them.

Jan 29, 2022 at 10:18 AM Post #655 of 1,725
I already offed my O2. I have too many higher end sets that beat it at this point.... annnnd for one DD, the MiM Dark Magician is my main jam now. I know I know, O2 is still good, but onwards and upwards!
I will have an Olina however. :D

Jan 29, 2022 at 11:12 AM Post #656 of 1,725
I already offed my O2. I have too many higher end sets that beat it at this point.... annnnd for one DD, the MiM Dark Magician is my main jam now. I know I know, O2 is still good, but onwards and upwards!
I will have an Olina however. :D
Ahhh man I can't afford the DM haha. If Olina truly sounds like O2, I'd be happy to sell O2 and put the savings to something else.

So you really honestly believe Olina will sound like O2, even at less than 50% the price? Just thinking if I should sell my O2 now to avoid a flood of 02 owners filling up the classified ads lol

Jan 29, 2022 at 12:23 PM Post #657 of 1,725
i went ahead and ordered the olina with the 4.4mm cable

Jan 29, 2022 at 12:50 PM Post #658 of 1,725
Ahhh man I can't afford the DM haha. If Olina truly sounds like O2, I'd be happy to sell O2 and put the savings to something else.

So you really honestly believe Olina will sound like O2, even at less than 50% the price? Just thinking if I should sell my O2 now to avoid a flood of 02 owners filling up the classified ads lol
LOL, I can't say either way man. O2 as an IEM has a nice presentation. I would not know why you would just sell it suddenly.

Jan 29, 2022 at 4:49 PM Post #659 of 1,725
LOL, I can't say either way man. O2 as an IEM has a nice presentation. I would not know why you would just sell it suddenly.
You should know mate - I don't need a million sets in my collection. I want to keep three sets. Can't handle more since I won't use them and then they are just costly paperweights haha

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back