Tripowin x HBB: Mele/Olina - Discussion Thread - Olina OUT now
Dec 9, 2021 at 10:51 AM Post #631 of 1,725
"use 4-6 hours a day (I've done this too, no problems), "

Again: do this every day/week. (and drink at least 2L)
I have a question for you, maybe to help you make very clearly what you are saying…. Are you indicating if Mele are used “every day/week” for “4-6 hours a day” and “drink at least 2L” that every single pair of Mele will develop this problem?

A follow up question… If yes how do you come to this conclusion (other than your own single data point)?

One other question…. Let’s say that you are right - usage like that causes this problem… What percentage of owners will actually encounter this issue? I mean is using IEMs that extensively (4-6 hours every day of the week) while drinking that much hot liquid a widespread practice, or limited? I can only speak for myself, but I don’t use the Mele more than an hour at a time, if that much, but I am only one data point…

I am NOT denying this is a real issue! I am questioning if you are magnifying your experience of the issue into a conclusion where it is a broader problem than it already is.

Dec 9, 2021 at 11:12 AM Post #632 of 1,725
I have a question for you, maybe to help you make very clearly what you are saying…. Are you indicating if Mele are used “every day/week” for “4-6 hours a day” and “drink at least 2L” that every single pair of Mele will develop this problem?

A follow up question… If yes how do you come to this conclusion (other than your own single data point)?

One other question…. Let’s say that you are right - usage like that causes this problem… What percentage of owners will actually encounter this issue? I mean is using IEMs that extensively (4-6 hours every day of the week) while drinking that much hot liquid a widespread practice, or limited? I can only speak for myself, but I don’t use the Mele more than an hour at a time, if that much, but I am only one data point…

I am NOT denying this is a real issue! I am questioning if you are magnifying your experience of the issue into a conclusion where it is a broader problem than it already is.
I spent the best part of a about a month listening to the Mele's about 4 hours a day when they came out..... in London, UK. They stood up to that and are still giving me joy. I guess for the average user there may be no problem, but for the heavy duty user, in very active, humid environments there may be problems. Also some people produce a lot of wax and other secretions from their ears......some don't.

Dec 9, 2021 at 11:40 AM Post #633 of 1,725
Think I will buy the Qudelix. Less expensive, and will cover my needs with LDAC etc. Also read reviews and trust your recommendation.
Can you give some insights regarding BT range? Can I move away from my Fiio BTA30 without any connectivity issues? (the Sony WF-1000XM4 is hopeless... )

Do you recommend buying a cable with 4.4mm plug for the Mele, and use the balanced output on the Qudelix?
If so, is the Linsoul Zonie ok for my needs? ($20)
Could someone volunteer to be the Crinacle of BT performance (range and latency) in BT devices, especially for high bit rate codecs?
So far I saw youtube videos that said Fiio M5 has low latency and Hidizs Ap 80 Pro has poor latency.
I personally can vouch for Mpow delivering great range and low latency, but sound quality is another matter.
I think I'm not alone in appreciating this information.

Dec 9, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #634 of 1,725

Heavy user = early imba
Light user = just wait, you will see later but the problem still here

Both situation = manufacturing error

Additional filterset = have to buy

All in all the Mele is crap

Thank you.

Dec 9, 2021 at 2:21 PM Post #635 of 1,725
Heavy user = early imba

Thank you.
Wow. Would you be OK with me pointing out the difference between opinions and facts, or do you believe there is no difference?

Anyway I wish you well on your journey through the world of audio.

Dec 10, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #636 of 1,725
Do you think Moondrop aria to be a proper upgrade over mh755?
I don't have Aria but with many impressions shared here they just might be. I can't comment on something that I have only demoed for a while but I'd trust community members and their views.

Dec 10, 2021 at 8:05 PM Post #637 of 1,725
Heavy user = early imba

Thank you.
I have similar issue, but I don't think that mele is crap, but linsoul or their aliexpress shop should send those filters for free, because its purely design flaw. But I think that they don't give a damn about it. I have this issue only with mele. I can't listen mele more than an a hour or two.
I've tried ostry tips with embed metallic mesh, it OK, but changes sound pretty much.

Jan 5, 2022 at 6:57 AM Post #638 of 1,725
Tripowin x HBB Olina, coming soon
Uses the Oxygen DD

270182589_1267480567068673_8526228037310895319_n.png

Olina (left) vs Mele (right) nozzle update:
DSC_2778.JPG

Hopefully solving the condensation issues some Mele batches have.

Attachments

• 269940491_1373104843135253_3086140606712538855_n.jpg
    269940491_1373104843135253_3086140606712538855_n.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 5, 2022 at 7:56 AM Post #640 of 1,725
It won’t. Same mesh.
My condensation issue was not on the mesh but on the nozzle rim (cold metal material), but I get your idea.
Anyways, YMMV, if the Mele didn't fit you, it's highly likely that one won't be a fan of this line anyways lol

Jan 7, 2022 at 11:52 PM Post #643 of 1,725
I have a question for you guys who say

"try wide bore tips".

My Blue MELE arrived nine days ago via amazon USA. My pre-installed tips have the widest bore of any tip I've ever seen. When installed, my tip lip is almost even depth-wise with the nozzle lip ... that is there is no overhang or porting at all ... and the bore of the tip is wider than the nozzle lip.. there is zero narrowing from nozzle opening to tip opening. Are the Blue MELEs, or perhaps all recent MELEs, shipped with very wide bore tips, and the earlier ones with standard tips? Otherwise why would anyone recommend switching to wide-bore tips when they already come that way? Look at page 1 and post #2 of this thread... do you not all see a very, very wide bore tip in that photo?

As to condensation, that's all abut temperature variation x humidity. I have slept with my MELE all night, three nights lately, and because I live in California, with about 60% humidity and 68F degrees in my house, no condensation. Perhaps if humidity were 80% I would have a different report, but I wouldn't know.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2022 at 12:07 AM Post #644 of 1,725
Tripowin x HBB Olina, coming soon
Uses the Oxygen DD

270182589_1267480567068673_8526228037310895319_n.png

Olina (left) vs Mele (right) nozzle update:
DSC_2778.JPG

Hopefully solving the condensation issues some Mele batches have.
Looks like the same shell as the MELE, perhaps powder coated with black paint, but the nozzle opening appears to be about 1mm wider than that of the MELE, and just a hair thinner lip.

Jan 8, 2022 at 5:40 AM Post #645 of 1,725
Are the Blue MELEs, or perhaps all recent MELEs, shipped with very wide bore tips, and the earlier ones with standard tips?
They're all the same wide bore stock tips, but I guess when folks were saying to use wide bore tips they meant the Azla SednaEarfit for the stiffer stem. The stock tips don't really grip tight to the nozzle as you said, but could still handle the intended signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back