Tripowin x HBB: Mele/Olina - Discussion Thread - Olina OUT now
Nov 13, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #602 of 1,725
For you 5.99(+vat) is nothing. For others is too much. Thats all.
You are certainly correct, but for most who paid $50 for the Mele I suspect they probably can pay $5.99 for the filters. But I agree that might not be true for all.

I will amend my earlier statement. If you can afford the $5.99, then just pay it. Your time and frustration is worth it. If you cannot afford it, then I wish you luck trying to get them for free.

Nov 13, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #603 of 1,725
I had 30+ iems in the past. So i can afford it. Just am not a kid anymore (sadly) to playing (iem)lego. And the moment when its clogged in again and again just fenomenal.
But i can understand the poorer people.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #605 of 1,725
I had 30+ iems in the past. So i can afford it. Just am not a kid anymore (sadly) to playing (iem)lego. And the moment when its clogged in again and again just fenomenal.
I understand your disappointment, I also have Mele and I would certainly feel angry. However, your problem with them seems to be quite rare, maybe it is conditioned by the physiology of your ear. Maybe it's time to mourn them and move on. Although you find it expensive to invest in new filters, in one post you mentioned that you would probably get 80+€ Arias. Their filter has a really different design and I think you might be happy with their sound. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #606 of 1,725
I haven't received the Mele yet, but I was also worried about this issue so I asked on the official thread. If you're OK with a slight reduction in upper mids, you can use moondrop filters instead, which have a multi layer design intended to prevent clogging. This is what I intend to do.
https://forum.hifiguides.com/t/tripowin-x-bggar-mele/27944/1781
https://shenzhenaudio.com/products/...ssories-for-spaceship-kxxs-starfield-earphone
moondrop-earphone-filter-accessories-for-spaceship-kxxs-starfield-kpe-blessing2-earphone-16340...jpg

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #607 of 1,725
I understand your disappointment, I also have Mele and I would certainly feel angry. However, your problem with them seems to be quite rare, maybe it is conditioned by the physiology of your ear. Maybe it's time to mourn them and move on. Although you find it expensive to invest in new filters, in one post you mentioned that you would probably get 80+€ Arias. Their filter has a really different design and I think you might be happy with their sound. Fingers crossed.
"Although you find it expensive to invest in new filters, in one post you mentioned that you would probably get 80+€ Arias."

Maybe i will try it.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2021 at 9:24 PM Post #608 of 1,725
A set of 10 pairs (20 total) filters and replacement tool cost $5.99 USD. I think that, while some might be tempted to make an argument for free filters as a matter of principle, as a matter of practicality may I suggest just paying the $5.99…?
You put it well) I wanted to know if they just auto-agree to send free filters vs customer support torture. Seems easier to order the filter set and move on.

Nov 17, 2021 at 3:05 AM Post #609 of 1,725
Honestly, for your requirements you can easily get Tennmak's offerings and be sorted for substantial time. Both their Pro and Trio models are cheap and within your budget. I feel Tennmak Trio with it's $27 price (without cable) is couple of notches above BL03. And if you don't want to spend much, Tennmak Pro (without cable) retails around $9-10 is very competent in nature. Only place where they lack or BL03 is better is probably presentation. Pro is very U-shaped whereas Trio with it's three filters better than Blons.

I don't have Mele because IMO I don't feel the need to to get a similar profile IEMs I already have MH750 and MH1 along with BL-03. I'm sure Mele might be world beaters as many impressions suggest but with your solid research I'd say that there's not much to gain when jumping from $50 to $100 price bracket as offerings in both price ranges lack in something or the other. It's all up to the compromises you decide to make.
Do you think Moondrop aria to be a proper upgrade over mh755?

Nov 18, 2021 at 4:31 AM Post #610 of 1,725
I also have rather dry ear canals, which could help out. Granted, I've never had issues with condensation in any of my IEMs...
That's because you haven't heard the best iems. Ear canals drool when they hear them and that moisture gets inside the earphone potentially ending up killing it. :wink:

Nov 28, 2021 at 8:46 AM Post #611 of 1,725
Thought I'd chime in here, as to the filter clogging. I'd bet it's not all that rare, as it happened to me first time out of the house walking hills in Boracay, Ph. First time ever this happened out of 30-40 iems over the years. It's warm and humid here. Those filters are part of the sound design, no doubt about it. If you don't believe that, take them out and have a listen. The execution, is flawed, no doubt about that either. They should be protected. I ordered more filters to give them to whoever I sell or give these to. My time, money and effort are definitely not worth swapping them out every time I break a sweat. That being said, I did play around with some cotton strands torn off a Q-tip, that went in first and a tiny bit of low density foam and damn near got the tuning back, they take the sweat a whole lot better. FWIW, my tip solution wound up being a reverse inserted foam, better bass and nice balance with the upper end. That was after Final E, Spinfit, and a bunch of others. A little EQ and they sound great!

Nov 28, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #612 of 1,725
Thought I'd chime in here, as to the filter clogging. I'd bet it's not all that rare, as it happened to me first time out of the house walking hills in Boracay, Ph. First time ever this happened out of 30-40 iems over the years. It's warm and humid here. Those filters are part of the sound design, no doubt about it. If you don't believe that, take them out and have a listen. The execution, is flawed, no doubt about that either. They should be protected. I ordered more filters to give them to whoever I sell or give these to. My time, money and effort are definitely not worth swapping them out every time I break a sweat. That being said, I did play around with some cotton strands torn off a Q-tip, that went in first and a tiny bit of low density foam and damn near got the tuning back, they take the sweat a whole lot better. FWIW, my tip solution wound up being a reverse inserted foam, better bass and nice balance with the upper end. That was after Final E, Spinfit, and a bunch of others. A little EQ and they sound great!
Please post Your EQ settings for MELE. I like them without EQ, maybe I might like them more :wink:

Nov 28, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #613 of 1,725
No doubt filter clogging is a problem, and very likely it is a worse problem in humid environments. Clearly after the launch of the Mele there was a recognition of this being a problem, as that explains why there are now replacement filters available. FWIW, same issue happened with Moondrop IEMs - quite a few of their IEMs since the Kanas Pro have had available replacement filters.

Having said that, unless we have access to the statistics we cannot really guess just how widespread the issue with the Mele is - yes, clearly some experience it but others, me as an example, have not. Definitely our perceptions are heavily influenced by our own experience…. In this case you experienced the clogged filters and see this as a widespread major issue, I haven’t so I am tempted to see it as an infrequent issue. Without access to all of the statistics, this is sort of a Schrodinger’s Cat situation… But, the more I think about it the more I am inclined to accept this is a significant issue despite not experiencing this on the Mele (FWIW, I did have a filter clogged on my Kanas Pro).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back