Tripowin x HBB: Mele/Olina - Discussion Thread - Olina OUT now
Feb 5, 2022 at 10:49 AM Post #691 of 1,725
Thanks, if it is not better than the Kato and Timeless I bet I should look elsewhere. It looks quite attractive thou.

To me, it's better tuned than Timeless and has better techs, but planars have that sweet sweet timbre and resolving power. I'll compare it to S12 most likely. Kato I have no idea, but people seem to prefer Oxygen to it.

Feb 5, 2022 at 10:51 AM Post #692 of 1,725
thinking that the kato is to neutral some people say? i'm still trying to figure out what sounds good, as i only have the Fiio FD3 pro and think they sound good. Don't know what harman tuned sounds like. I like the bass on the fd3. if the olina does'nt have some sort of punch i will sell them.

FD3 is a V-shape so no, won’t have as much bass.

Feb 6, 2022 at 9:12 AM Post #693 of 1,725
IMG_20220206_105512.jpg

Review soon, after I finish with Titan S 🔥

Feb 6, 2022 at 10:18 AM Post #694 of 1,725
Feb 6, 2022 at 4:23 PM Post #696 of 1,725
How do I tell which iem is right and left on the Lea? This shouldn’t be rocket science but I’m struggling lol
No, it should be there but it isn't...

Just face both nozzles inwards and it should be obvious, while pins are up

Feb 6, 2022 at 4:34 PM Post #697 of 1,725
Thanks, if it is not better than the Kato and Timeless I bet I should look elsewhere. It looks quite attractive thou.
well, that's where it gets tricky, and does so because it depends on your perception, your treble sensitivities, and your need to feel bass and not just hear bass. Some would say Oxygen is a better IEM than Kato, Timeless, or even Mangird Tea, and there are others who would pick any of those three and say it is better than the Oxygen. I am also a wine collector, starting in 1992. Instead of a half dozen or so IEM at a price point, there are 100-200 quality wines. Let's pick a price... say $75 -- at least three dozen Napa cabs at that price point that taste simple and too sweet for me. A "traditionally" proportioned $75 Bordeaux tastes like it lacks fruit and ripeness. There are several dozen of those as well. But the perfect wine to my palate is "modern" Bordeaux, which combines the ripeness of California Cab and the complexity of traditionally vinified Bordeaux. Same $75, completely different experiences -- to me that "modern" Bordeaux kicks the snot out of either Napa Cab or "traditional" Bordeaux. Which is better? Depends on your tastes. Or ears in the case of IEMs.

It's that subtle, and that's why O2/Olina is better than Kato or Timeless, and also worse than both... or Mangird Tea or Blessing 2 Dusk, or Yume Midnight or Hana 2021. You just have to listen to each and decide for yourself.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2022 at 6:18 PM Post #699 of 1,725
Thanks! Above those I have the Thieaudio Oracle and Fearless S8F, so probably set for the moment.
Yes, I would say so.

I just finished my Titan S review, so I'm now focusing on Olina and using it as an EDC. Has been giving me some nice vibes during lunch breaks!

IMG_20220207_135159.jpg

Feb 8, 2022 at 5:08 AM Post #700 of 1,725
Yes, I would say so.

I just finished my Titan S review, so I'm now focusing on Olina and using it as an EDC. Has been giving me some nice vibes during lunch breaks!

I already HAD TITAN S. ..
OLINA CAN GIVE UPGRADE from titan especially in TECHNICALITY LIKE : SEPARATION ALL INSTRUMENS, IMAGING, RESOLUTION / DETAIL RETRIEVAL (MICRO AND MACRO), great SPEED timing ??

Feb 9, 2022 at 2:06 AM Post #702 of 1,725
I already HAD TITAN S. ..
OLINA CAN GIVE UPGRADE from titan especially in TECHNICALITY LIKE : SEPARATION ALL INSTRUMENS, IMAGING, RESOLUTION / DETAIL RETRIEVAL (MICRO AND MACRO), great SPEED timing ??

Sorry for the late reply, have been busy IRL. Yes to all :)

Feb 9, 2022 at 2:10 AM Post #703 of 1,725
Hello sir, do you think Olina can compliment Shuoer EJ07m in any way? Thanks

EJ07m is a whole new beast but yes, I think it does. Especially on accoustic, classical, jazz etc, due to it's timbre. I'm a fan of it's tuning so far and gives me some fresh air. Also great beaters for 100. I've been using them on the go with Q5k or a dap, when I dont want to bring big boys with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back