Tripowin x HBB: Mele/Olina - Discussion Thread - Olina OUT now
Mar 13, 2022 at 9:02 PM Post #1,291 of 1,725
The tanya filter actually adds in a hair of mids so now the bass seem slightly less, but overall it perfectly matches the O2.

Me too man, me too. *shakes head*
So I successfully removed both Olina filters from the nozzle and was able to save them... Nice! Anyways, I tried the Tanya filter on the nozzle and I am pretty positive I am hearing what you are saying... I think. I almost wish I would've thought about the freaking Tanya filters before you because I don't know if it is my mind playing tricks on me. So the bass... I think it is only the slimmest of threads lighter, yet there is more snap to it, more of an edge. Bass guitars are slightly more convincing and they growl nicely. Fast car by Tracey Chapman replays lovely man. However "tightrope" by Masked Wolf still hits when the bass drops...so there is nothing lacking here... At all. The Mids are more forward, by a hair which I'm assuming is partly due to less restriction up front but also with the Tanya filters... This is where my brain may just be playing with me... The Olina doesn't seem to have that slight slight slight metallic edge like they did before. Please don't take this as 100% because I'm not 100% and I will try.... Try... To switch back and forth at least once more but.... I think you are on to something. I'm about 10 songs deep and I most certainly hear a difference, which I should but now I'm hoping it's not just my brain listening for what you heard and... I am almost positive I am hearing exactly that. And boy I wish I would've never sold my oxygen, just for a time like this.

Mar 14, 2022 at 6:10 AM Post #1,292 of 1,725
These look similar to those from Olina:
U58e72bbf8fc74c6cb71a8a0229569580Y.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...%3B-1%40salePrice%3BUSD%3Brecommend-recommend

Mar 14, 2022 at 7:24 AM Post #1,293 of 1,725
The tanya filter actually adds in a hair of mids so now the bass seem slightly less, but overall it perfectly matches the O2.

Me too man, me too. *shakes head*
Tanya filter would add mids by being more restrictive. The narrower aperture of that filter is likely less desirable than a larger one with the proper resistance.

Mar 14, 2022 at 7:29 AM Post #1,295 of 1,725
Im a bit upset it took me this long to figure out the obvious. Oh well, I guess the hard road is what I like to travel on.
I thought this was talked about a long time ago. Tanya filter is same as Oxygen so outside of alternate bass tuning would make these sound very much like the o2.

ttorbic told me that those were the same filters almost a month back in a PM when I was looking for o2 filters for this purpose. Maybe it wasn't addressed as clearly here.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2022 at 7:57 AM Post #1,296 of 1,725
I thought this was talked about a long time ago. Tanya filter is same as Oxygen so outside of alternate bass tuning would make these sound very much like the o2.

ttorbic told me that those were the same filters almost a month back in a PM when I was looking for o2 filters for this purpose. Maybe it wasn't addressed as clearly here.
I think it just got lost in all the variations. I know someone put Tanya filters on the front vent and graphed (maybe Paul Wasabii). I know Jeffrey Fries replaced stock filters with Tanya to resolve condensation issues but he didn't say anything about the sound.

Mar 14, 2022 at 8:01 AM Post #1,297 of 1,725
Those are the ones I ordered in few resistances . Should be here soon.
Which density did you choose? They have these options
Density comparison: 200<250<300<350<400<450<500 mesh
Effect: Increase low frequency, reduce harsh sound and balance high frequency. The greater the density, the greater the impact.

Mar 14, 2022 at 8:18 AM Post #1,298 of 1,725
Which density did you choose? They have these options
Density comparison: 200<250<300<350<400<450<500 mesh
Effect: Increase low frequency, reduce harsh sound and balance high frequency. The greater the density, the greater the impact.
250 through 400

Mar 14, 2022 at 10:14 AM Post #1,300 of 1,725

Its just that I just finally tried it and its quite good.

Mar 14, 2022 at 10:31 AM Post #1,303 of 1,725

Users who are viewing this thread

Back