Triple Fi 10s?
Dec 31, 2009 at 7:17 AM Post #16 of 35
I don't find the TF10 at all uncomfortable and I wear it for lengthy periods. I also have the SE530, which is comfortable but no more so. I actually prefer wearing the TF10 because I don't have to insert it as far into my ear canal. I also find its noise attenuation surprisingly effective. The TF10 is more conspicuous to wear than the SE530 but I favour its sound signature by a considerable margin.

Dec 31, 2009 at 10:11 AM Post #17 of 35
As far as I am concerned...TF10s are uncomfortable to those who have small earcanals. Not that it "penetrates" that much into the earcanal. The design philosophy used in the said IEM just doesn't make it one of the well-loved universal IEMs out in the market today.

On the other hand, should you get a perfect fit with these, then you're good to go. Like what iponderous said, its sound signature (at least for my ears) is far superior than that of SE530s. THe highs are very lush and are not entirely harsh and fatiguing. Although its bass ain't that hard hitting compared to the SE530s and the IE8s, it's fully-bodied and warm enough to make the listening experience very enjoyable.

At this price range, I think what differentiates this 'phone from other 'phones is how they present the sound to your ears. If you like a balanced and fun 'phone, I guess the TF10s are the way to go.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 31, 2009 at 7:31 PM Post #18 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just unplug the wires and swap sides. Make sure you keep the polarity constant (i.e. line up the bumps on the plug and housing) or there will be phase issues.

D: unplugging the wires lolol seems too hard for me, i guess i ma stick to the normal arrangement ><

Dec 31, 2009 at 7:46 PM Post #19 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeFFz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
D: unplugging the wires lolol seems too hard for me, i guess i ma stick to the normal arrangement ><

Do a search for the instructions of flip mod. Could not be easier and makes a ton of difference for some people...me included. Fit is way better for me and sound is not effected negatively. imho.

Dec 31, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #20 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by krucacing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMO it is a refined SF5 , but overall same sound signature with larger soundstage...Regarding PK1, it does not isolate as well and will need an amp, while the TF10 wil stick out like a carrot unless you do a mod, it is far less comfortable for long period compared to my ex-SE530

In comparing the two, the TF10 is much, much much better.

You will actually notice new instruments and voices in your songs.
You will be able to hear every single sound that comes out of the drums in much better quality.
You will be able to make a 3D soundstage.
The bass will be more refined and much much less muddy.

Totally worth the extra money IMO. Even though right now the TF10 is cheaper than the SF5PRO

Dec 31, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #22 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Spade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can someone give me some info about them? I've read about them countless times but I see that I can get them for around 140 and is wondering if this is a good deal.

I am going to be directly comparing them to my PFE 112s and I was wondering if spending the money would be worth it; or would getting some Yuin PK1s be better?

I know this is a lot and I have done a lot of reading on it but I'm wondering if anyone can just give me some insight on each of these IEMs/earbuds.

If you get it, let me know how you think it compares to the PFEs. I gave away my TF10s because they were not better than my Phonaks.

If you listen to any Jazz or complex Orchestra stuff, the TF10s don't sound as lush.

Also, I will say this for certain: The TF10's aren't any sort of direct vertical upgrade to the PFEs, if that's what you were expecting. The sound signature is different, there are things about it that are better, there are somethings that are worse. It will only be a horizontal addition to your collection.

Jan 1, 2010 at 1:26 AM Post #26 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaibautista /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As far as I am concerned...TF10s are uncomfortable to those who have small earcanals. Not that it "penetrates" that much into the earcanal. The design philosophy used in the said IEM just doesn't make it one of the well-loved universal IEMs out in the market today.

I have small canals, I always use the small silicone and Comply tips. I have never found them uncomfortable.

Jan 30, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #27 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by loopsider /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you get it, let me know how you think it compares to the PFEs. I gave away my TF10s because they were not better than my Phonaks.

If you listen to any Jazz or complex Orchestra stuff, the TF10s don't sound as lush.

Also, I will say this for certain: The TF10's aren't any sort of direct vertical upgrade to the PFEs, if that's what you were expecting. The sound signature is different, there are things about it that are better, there are somethings that are worse. It will only be a horizontal addition to your collection.

Yea... I would say that these are more of a 60/40 slant upgrade from the PFEs. I do like the sound of these more than the PFEs though... more treble emphasis with a stronger bass presence was what I was looking for. I love the sound signature.

Both phones were very articulate though and I only really need one pair of IEMs so I'm selling my PFEs at the moment. Great IEMs but I don't really need both.

Oh yea and about those fit issues... these are a real pain to get in sometimes lol; I actually get a really good fit without much discomfort luckily for me but when I have ear wax in my ears it completely destroys any chance of getting a good seal.

Jan 31, 2010 at 1:57 AM Post #28 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
TF10s have rubbish isolation.

What's funny is that this is the exact opposite of my experience. The TF10's gave me by far the best isolation I've ever gotten from universals. I think it was the thickness of the stems pushing the big silicone single flanges and sony hybrids harder into my ear canal.

This must be a subjective statement (though it was phrased as objective), because everyone's ears are different.

Jan 31, 2010 at 3:15 AM Post #29 of 35
^ The TF10 gives me isolation comparable to the SE530 without causing my ears to feel blocked. The stridently subjective post that you've quoted still irritates me even now and I demand that it be removed from this thread immediately. Where's a moderator when you need one?

Feb 3, 2010 at 1:47 AM Post #30 of 35
The TP10s have amazing isolation. You must have not been getting a good fit due to it's size I guess. I love the design although they are pretty big. If you get the memory cable bended just right the weight rests on your ears and you can wear them for hours.

Although I have developed a slight habit of moving them around in my ears to get that "perfect" seal over time and do it constantly even when a good seal is made lol.

Ah good times with these. My music just sounds amazing with them in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back