Triple Fi 10s?
Dec 28, 2009 at 11:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

Young Spade

Headphoneus Supremus
Can someone give me some info about them? I've read about them countless times but I see that I can get them for around 140 and is wondering if this is a good deal.

I am going to be directly comparing them to my PFE 112s and I was wondering if spending the money would be worth it; or would getting some Yuin PK1s be better?

I know this is a lot and I have done a lot of reading on it but I'm wondering if anyone can just give me some insight on each of these IEMs/earbuds.

Dec 29, 2009 at 12:08 AM Post #2 of 35
I am pretty sure most would prefer the Triple Fi 10 compared to the Yuin PK1. What are you trying to get out of your next IEM compared to the PFE 112?

Dec 29, 2009 at 12:20 AM Post #3 of 35
Yes - I agree that they're completely different animals and which one you choose will depend on your use. Are you looking to block outside noise? The PK1s are fantastic for earbuds but they're not sealed and as a result, unless you're listening in a super quiet environment, you'll miss out on some of the sonic details that would be apparent if you were using sealed IEMs. I find the PK1s to be excellent office headphones (where I need to be aware of my surroundings) and the TF10s to be excellent commuting / concentrating headphones, where I want to block out all external noise.

Dec 29, 2009 at 1:02 AM Post #5 of 35
Well I will use both in quiet situations so it doesn't really matter but I'm just looking for sound quality differences. How will each compare to the PFEs... does anyone know?

Dec 29, 2009 at 5:10 AM Post #7 of 35
i would like to know bout this too.
i've read many reviews for TF10 Earphone, but i'll see how this thread goes.
devil01

Dec 30, 2009 at 5:05 AM Post #8 of 35
Yea Knight? I mean do the PK1's just provide a much fuller sound? I hear that they sound like full sized cans in your ears...and I mean IEMs are kind of limited by their design... but I don't know; I'm happy with my PFE 112s but was looking for something a little different...

But I was leaning toward the PFEs in the beginning for rock and hardcore music so I guess I'll stick with those.

Dec 30, 2009 at 10:53 AM Post #10 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by what /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only if your fit sucks...which is very possible with these.

By some genius stroke of design, there is a bulbous section immediately after the tip, making it exceedingly uncomfortable around the ear-hole area.

triple.fi.10.pro.JPG

Note to designers : Try not to make the "fuselage" of the earphone the same size (or larger) as the eartip.

Dec 30, 2009 at 4:17 PM Post #12 of 35
Well I use medium tips in my IEMs so I figure I can get these to fit; but I'm still torn between the two. I could use the TF 10s in more areas... but I already have the PFEs... if I could sell those PFEs I'd get both and be happy haha

Dec 30, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #13 of 35
The flip mod may help with comfort issue of the TF10.

Personally I prefer the feel of Comply but the sound I get from the olives, which are less comfortable. Unfortunately I can't wear buds, so IEMs are my only means of getting decent sound on the go. Hopefully, after my custom molds are done, I won't have to choose between comfort and SQ.

Dec 31, 2009 at 4:52 AM Post #14 of 35
ehhh can anyone provide a link to a guide for doing the flip mod? thanks
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back