Triple.Fi 10 pro or RE0?
Dec 29, 2010 at 11:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

porfryrieggwo

Head-Fier
I use to have a Super.Fi 5 pros and absolutely loved them until I washed them about a year ago. I want to get the Triple.Fis because of the huge price reduction to about $150 (I know I missed the BlackFriday deal oh well). 

How do the RE0s compair being only $79? 

My only gripe with the SF5P and the TF10P are the huge size.

Dec 30, 2010 at 1:45 AM Post #5 of 16
The RE0 doesn't need an amp it is a great IEM on it's own if you don't mind the somewhat lacking bass. If you want a little more bass go for the RE-ZERO. However it does benefit from an amp, even one in the lower tiers such as the iBasso T3. While my S9 drives the RE0 with no problems I found that when I added a T3 to the mix the sound became warmer and the bass was more present (better, tighter) then before.

Dec 30, 2010 at 3:30 AM Post #7 of 16
Yep, but not a level above or below. The TF10 have more of a mid recessed, V signature while the RE-0 are more flat and neutral. For my ears, going from TF10 -> RE-0 was an upgrade, but obviously not for you, so it really depends on the listener's tast.
Quote:
OTOH, the soundd quality of the TF10 and the RE0 just cannot be compared IMO. While the RE0's are good sounding for its price, the TF10s are just on another level.

Dec 30, 2010 at 6:48 AM Post #9 of 16
As someone's mentioned, the Ultimate Ears 700 might be good for you.
Around/above the super fi 5 quality but a lot smaller and comfortable. Can be had for less than $100 if you look around.

Dec 30, 2010 at 7:45 AM Post #11 of 16
Own the RE-ZERO (which is a more balanced RE0) and the TF10. The TF10 wins out in terms of bass and soundstage, while not losing out in the small details. It has to be said that the RE0s are even more analytical than the RE-ZERO, so they might just about edge it over the TF10 but coming from a SF5, will definitely sound lacking in bass without an amp. The only gripes about the TF10 are its slightly recessed mids and the fit. As a whole package, I would go for the TF10s unless you don't really mind the weaker bass of RE0s and want a really analytical sound.

Dec 30, 2010 at 4:57 PM Post #14 of 16
The TF10s would actually be a little less than what i originally payed for the SF5ps :p 

But I just came across these Jay Q-Jays which look amazingly comfortable and dont make you look like a cyborg.

How do these compare? I like my bass.

Dec 30, 2010 at 5:00 PM Post #15 of 16
re0 vs tf10, all up to the listeners preferences, IMHo, the Re0's are very analytical while the TF10's are livelier with more bass, though minute details that you can pick out with the RE0's are lsot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back