Trip-hop/electronic artists & CDs
Jun 7, 2005 at 5:48 AM Post #61 of 76
Ah what an excellent thread
biggrin.gif
I've recently fallen into an obsession with trip hop after rediscovering Tricky a while back. A couple that you could add to the list are Martina Topley-Bird and Mudville.

Jun 7, 2005 at 6:03 PM Post #62 of 76
I agree with your disagreement, DrMinky: I've been very high on Royksopp's The Understanding recently. Listen to "Dead To The World" before you go to sleep and you will have some SWEET dreams (it's almost a lullaby in the form of Saint Saens The Swan from Carnival of the Animals). I dreamed of Britney Spears last night
icon10.gif

Anyway, I've heard many many of these artists, and must say many of them are supurb. However, there's one you guys missed that I've had for more than a year, and still just can't get enough of:

C-Mon & Kypski

I got it from here:
http://s1.amazon.com/exec/varzea/ts/...547517-6436065

It's expensive, but the music is so much fun.

By the by: Vinyl Voodoo is pretty good but pales next to Static Traveller

Jun 7, 2005 at 6:40 PM Post #63 of 76
I don't know if it's mentioned, but Antimatter, a Duncan Patterson's (ex Anathema member) sideproject is great melancholic trip hop. So far they have released two albums, Lights Out and Savior. Samples are available at www.prophecyproductions.de. This stuff has some slight dark metal roots, but definetly belongs to trip hop category.

Jun 7, 2005 at 6:42 PM Post #64 of 76
I've been really likeing some of my recent CD Baby purchases... namely Beauty's Confusion, Katy vs. Evil and the new Kristin Mainhart CD.
cool.gif

Jun 8, 2005 at 3:50 AM Post #65 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by axle
I agree with your disagreement, DrMinky: I've been very high on Royksopp's The Understanding recently. Listen to "Dead To The World" before you go to sleep and you will have some SWEET dreams (it's almost a lullaby in the form of Saint Saens The Swan from Carnival of the Animals). I dreamed of Britney Spears last night
icon10.gif

Where did you get Royksopp's The Understanding from?
biggrin.gif

PM me.

Jun 14, 2005 at 5:30 PM Post #68 of 76
I just thought I would link the old trip hop thread for those that missed it the first time. I stand by my suggestions there as well.
wink.gif

Dec 29, 2005 at 5:56 AM Post #71 of 76
air and theivery corp are among my favorites, zero 7 is ok.

Jan 11, 2006 at 7:27 AM Post #75 of 76
i kinda skimmed thru the four pages of this thread but i dont think i saw the name Ninja Tunes get posted, though i could be wrong.

but you pretty much cant go wrong with their compilation albums, or mostly any artist they put out on their label. i saw some artists like amon tobin get mentioned, he does some good stuff. he gets tiring after a while IMO, but the good stuff is sick sick sick.

also, the DJ Kicks series has some great trip hop mixes, the best IMO being the kruder & dorfmeister set. the kid loco is good too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back