TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Oct 20, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #22,505 of 24,683
I've just got a reply from Kieran couple hours after I asked for ks order update lol
Capture+_2017-10-20-20-44-31-1.png

Oct 20, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #22,508 of 24,683
Dan was a pretty good dude. He was trying hard to rebuild the brand's reputation. In fact, it seems he was the only person at Trinity that understood what customer service actually means.

Here's my latest conspiracy theory, they're shedding all non essential folks and getting everything ready for shipment. They're going to ship any remaining orders (other than the various Icarus lines), then close up shop and say they're reorganizing. They know that the 1000+ TAE branded paperweights they're sending out (AKA Phantom Airs) are going to cause a maelstrom and weathering that storm will be next to impossible.

It's too bad. After the way Dan had helped me out, I was considering picking up one of those X models for funsies. Fat chance now.

Trinity is dead...Long live Trinity

Oct 20, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #22,512 of 24,683
Dan was a pretty good dude. He was trying hard to rebuild the brand's reputation. In fact, it seems he was the only person at Trinity that understood what customer service actually means.

Here's my latest conspiracy theory, they're shedding all non essential folks and getting everything ready for shipment. They're going to ship any remaining orders (other than the various Icarus lines), then close up shop and say they're reorganizing. They know that the 1000+ TAE branded paperweights they're sending out (AKA Phantom Airs) are going to cause a maelstrom and weathering that storm will be next to impossible.

It's too bad. After the way Dan had helped me out, I was considering picking up one of those X models for funsies. Fat chance now.

Trinity is dead...Long live Trinity

This is kind of what I was thinking too. I believe the airs derailed their company. If the airs were successful I honestly believe that we would all be discussing the sound quality of the PM6 and Hunters and tip rolling rather than complaining about shipping.

If TAE had said that we would not receive our product because all the money was spent trying to mitigate the airs would you folks still be upset versus them lying and saying everything is shipping while they scramble to get money to produce the backlog of PM6/Hunter etc. orders? I think both ways I would be upset irritated. Especially because I'm a KS backer which means I have a smaller percentage change that I'll receive mine than those who bought directly due to the caveat that they aren't required to provide me a product.

It just sucks that nobody from their office just pops up in here or blog posts to say that "...the airs failed, spent money trying to replace defective airs and that didn't work, no money left, trying to earn some profit to fund production of all the other stuff". They started digging themselves a hole when Bob first said that they are done production of the Hunters and PM6 and are actively shipping. When in reality they produced in batches concurrently with the airs. Not sure why they didn't stock all of the PM6 and Hunters first before paying their contractors to produce the airs. At least that way if the airs fail, you only anger the airs backers and everyone else is happy with their PM6 and Hunters.

Oct 20, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #22,513 of 24,683
Looking at this a little more.... The pm6 and others that are lagging was due to a manufacturing quality thing for the shells not lining up right. Originally they were shipping in parts to the UK office and being assembled and shipped. I get the impression from.some statements by Trinity staff (various) that they stopped doing that and paid the vendor in China to keep building and ship when they can. This explains a few random ones popping up. They are essentially "custom" making each one and adjusting until they fit right since the regular manufacturing doesn't work. They always seem to need to call someone to find out where it's at in a few things I've seen. I agree the air is probably going to be written off with a few pre order exceptions getting faulty ones or some other product or voucher or something. Once it gets the site orders covered unless something changes they're probably going to reorganize as a new business entity in the US the way things seem to be going.

Oct 20, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #22,514 of 24,683
Looking at this a little more.... The pm6 and others that are lagging was due to a manufacturing quality thing for the shells not lining up right. Originally they were shipping in parts to the UK office and being assembled and shipped. I get the impression from.some statements by Trinity staff (various) that they stopped doing that and paid the vendor in China to keep building and ship when they can. This explains a few random ones popping up. They are essentially "custom" making each one and adjusting until they fit right since the regular manufacturing doesn't work. They always seem to need to call someone to find out where it's at in a few things I've seen. I agree the air is probably going to be written off with a few pre order exceptions getting faulty ones or some other product or voucher or something. Once it gets the site orders covered unless something changes they're probably going to reorganize as a new business entity in the US the way things seem to be going.

They'll just get blended in with all the other IEM companies around. Back when Trinity started up, they were one of the few doing the hybrid affordable IEMs with premium materials and craftsmanship. The only other options were some chi-fi IEMs but none of them looked as good as Trinity's first batch or the high end expensive IEMs which aren't that friendly to the wallet. Couple of years later and now we have a large selection of hybrid affordable IEMs that have significantly improved build quality that makes Trinity look like the norm. The thing that stood out the most for Trinity was their excellent customer service but that's gone.

Thinking back 2 years ago, I had a choice between the PM6 and the RHA t10i and went with the PM6. I made a big mistake.

Oct 20, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #22,515 of 24,683

Assuming that’s the case it doesn’t make much sense why we have so many people waiting on the Hunter and PM6. It shouldn’t take 6 months to assemble 2000 units even for a small team, unless they are clueless and learning on the fly. Also let’s not forget that there is also QC involved and after the PM4 Trinity had the habit of releasing half-baked products with missing accessories all over.
They are probably going to fold and operate under IMR Acoustics. I have seen enough to be convinced that IMR Acoustics is TAE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back