TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Oct 21, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #22,532 of 24,683
I took my theoretical refund and bought a Campfire Polaris which I've been really happy with and has replaced my LZ A4 as my main IEM. If I ever get my actual refund it'll go to paying down my credit card.

Seems all roads lead to Campfire Audio.

Oct 21, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #22,535 of 24,683
I had read somewhere that the Vega has too much bass almost on a true basshead level and it is more focused on mid bass and less sub bass , is that true,??

I’m kind of a novice to reviewing headphones but I’ll give your question a shot. The level of bass is definitely higher than any other IEMS I have owned. I happen to like bass so it is quite pleasing to me. I don’t think I have enough experience to discern between mid and sub bass. I can tell you it is very present but not at the expense of mids And highs.

I hope this answers your question. I think I need to go to headphone review school...

Oct 21, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #22,536 of 24,683
I’m kind of a novice to reviewing headphones but I’ll give your question a shot. The level of bass is definitely higher than any other IEMS I have owned. I happen to like bass so it is quite pleasing to me. I don’t think I have enough experience to discern between mid and sub bass. I can tell you it is very present but not at the expense of mids And highs.

I hope this answers your question. I think I need to go to headphone review school...
Thanks , you explain it very well ,

Oct 22, 2017 at 1:10 AM Post #22,537 of 24,683
1021171306_HDR.jpg My trinity journey finally came to an end today.

It's too bad it had to end up this way, because the Icarus3 is a genuinely good IEM. It's everything I had thought the PM4 was going to be back when this journey started well over a year ago.

Oh well. At least it's over now.

Oct 22, 2017 at 2:26 AM Post #22,538 of 24,683
i am going to take my refund and buy the Bang & Olufsen e8's. And reacquaint myself with my IE800 and Shure 535, particularly now i have the AAW lightning cable wiht DAC

Oct 22, 2017 at 2:33 AM Post #22,539 of 24,683

Sounded like a good enough explanation to me. If it helps at all, I always categorized the two in terms of mid-bass being one that's much more "hearing" and sub-bass as much more of a "feeling" sorta thing. Still, a bit difficult to think of sometimes and you can hear both, but my point being that to me, mid-bass is more towards the end of just hearing it while sub-bass is a mix of hearing and feeling it.

Oct 22, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #22,544 of 24,683
Sounded like a good enough explanation to me. If it helps at all, I always categorized the two in terms of mid-bass being one that's much more "hearing" and sub-bass as much more of a "feeling" sorta thing. Still, a bit difficult to think of sometimes and you can hear both, but my point being that to me, mid-bass is more towards the end of just hearing it while sub-bass is a mix of hearing and feeling it.

Thanks! I appreciate that explanation. Given that I would say this is probably more mid than sub. My main goal with any headphone is to be able to hear all instruments and their characteristics. Of all the headphones I have tried the Vega for me is the best at providing that. I mostly listen to rock and alt rock, and these really give me the ability to hear everything including bass drum and bass guitar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back