TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Aug 30, 2017 at 12:51 AM Post #21,631 of 24,683
Sour patch much?

It's just impressions/comparison, anyone could hardly call it a review and while he didn't talk about the filters he also failed to mention the FLC8 bores and plugs that he used, but funny enough you didn't even mention it. Stop being salty, it's bad for your health.

Everyone in here is salty, for good reason too.

Aug 30, 2017 at 1:01 AM Post #21,633 of 24,683
Why didn't you just get a refund?
So, I figured why not get something for my money that's been sitting there a long time. I'd lose 10-20% on currency exchange rates (dollar seems worse now), and was honestly hoping that it would just be an easy "yes" -- to transfer what I paid for something that they can't deliver for something at the same pricing (at the time). Wrong. But the odds are that I'll be able to sell an Icarus III (*if* they actually get it to me) for more than I had paid for the BT Lanyard for the preorder deltas that they won't be making. Or my sons may get a nice holiday present. It seemed to make sense...

No, he just pasted the TAE email us kickstarter backers just got without providing that context.

Hey folks... there's a whole thread dedicated to the Airs. How about keeping (ok, try to keep) experiences and gripes about the AIR there? I think it's helpful to have one place just for the AIR... Please...

Trinity Audio - PHANTOM AIR - The worlds FIRST tuneable truly wireless in ear monitor.

Aug 30, 2017 at 1:04 AM Post #21,634 of 24,683
Everyone in here is salty, for good reason too.

Right you are, so no need to go all the way and criticise just one fact and not the other, which comes to be exactly the same right? The only problem with those impressions was not that he just failed to mention PM6s filters.

It would appear from further reading that he works for the Philippines distributor for, amongst others, Trinity.
So you can take that with whatever pinch of salt you wish to add. :wink: :wink:

Yes, amongst others and shouldn't you take it always with a pinch of salt in this hobby?

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2017 at 2:03 AM Post #21,636 of 24,683
TAE sent an email to Air backers this morning....

OMG... So let me see if I've got this straight.

• First, there were no problems with any of the batteries or connectivity and people just had too much water in their heads.
  • Then there were issues with the Air's connectivity, and they were going to send a wire to connect the Airs together that would resolve the dropouts.
  • THEN they found out that both the dropouts and short battery life were due to bad batteries from their supplier. So they were going to stop shipping the Air, and work with a better more reliable battery supplier, but to do that they needed 2 months to get materials and redesign.
  • Finally now TAE says that they didn't bother going with the more renown (better?) manufacturer because those batteries wouldn't fit. OH and the dropout issue is all in your head again..literally.

At the very least they should ship it with the cable so that we can still use the Airs without dropouts. Right now they are shipping a lemon.

Aug 30, 2017 at 6:01 AM Post #21,638 of 24,683
I'm about to cancel my Icarus 2. I have had enough of their BS. I do not know why I believed in them at all. Too bad I spent over 500$ for dealing with their lies. Still have the Airs on order which I can not pull out of.

Anyways.... If anyone is willing to buy a Master 6 with full accessory and about 30-50 hours of listening, please DM me! They're actually not bad at all for $200, as you probably can see reading the reviews. I am just done with this company as I did not think the Master 6s suited me anyways.

Also planning on selling the Airs... If anyone is interested at all even with all the connection issues... lol

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2017 at 7:26 AM Post #21,639 of 24,683
Sour patch much?

It's just impressions/comparison, anyone could hardly call it a review and while he didn't talk about the filters he also failed to mention the FLC8 bores and plugs that he used, but funny enough you didn't even mention it. Stop being salty, it's bad for your health.

It's my impression about this guy's blog. I may be right, I may be wrong. But the fact remains that's how I read it. Nothing sour or salty.

Aug 30, 2017 at 8:15 AM Post #21,641 of 24,683
have they updated the shipping on the icarus iv yet to august 2018?:jecklinsmile::dt880smile:

Aug 30, 2017 at 8:50 AM Post #21,643 of 24,683
This is message from Kieran about Icarus IV and Icarus I shipping date.

"Hello ******,

I apologise for the late reply.

We should be shipping the Icarus IV for mid-September with the Icarus I following after.

Regards,
Kieran"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back