TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jul 13, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #19,563 of 24,683
Jul 13, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #19,566 of 24,683
I don't know why I'm laughing , I've just spent nearly 6 months waiting for my delta....
At least i know my postmans name now lol.

Wow yes wait a minute Mister Postman! Wait, wait, wait, waiiiit Mister Postman.

There must be some word today
From my @Bobtrinity so far away
Please Mister Postman, look and see
Is there an IEM, an IEM for me

Jul 13, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #19,567 of 24,683
Me too. I like my Sabres (which I repaired with some superglue this weekend). I've decided not to cancel my Icarus I/III order in the hopes that they will pull through.
I did get a response from Kieran to my semi-ranting email, where he said that they need time to get through the orders. I'll consider that a good non-answer. Preferable to "yours is shipping next week" but still not specific enough. Until one actually gets delivered, I will remain skeptical.

Sabres were/are great I use mine for work. I can not criticise trinity prior to this backlog and they delivered 2 pairs of great iems to me at a great price , so as I said before I would still give them another go if they can come through and get back to the way things were.

Jul 13, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #19,569 of 24,683
How long is the paypal dispute good for? I thought it was 6 months? Its been over a year since i placed my order.

It is 180 days, I was on my limit with my delta, my hunter was about 5 months I was not one of the first to order but the way things were going, lack of delivery for a few months and constant "delivery this week" and my experience with my delta left me constantly uneasy with the situation , so pulled out before my guarantees were over.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #19,570 of 24,683
My solution to the delivery fiasco at Trinity? Distraction.

Just go jump on aliexpress and pick up some inexpensive chi-fi iems. I ordered on July 9th (10th for china). Order received, packed and shipped out in a couple days, they way these things should be done.

my url references for embedded images not working, here's a screenshot.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ddcbg1h4qvd1nsd/headfi_shipping.png?dl=0

Any decent chi-fi iems? Sorry i dont know much abou them.

Jul 13, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #19,572 of 24,683
Canadian dollar is improving, so hope they do refund. I'll buy a Campfire with all the money I'll get back :p

Lol was thinking the same thing!! What else would you consider. I've only owned a few pairs of earphones Shure 215 was my go to for 4 years then they broke and i got a set of shure 535 but they were too sensitive with my Oppo dac, so got so Nuforce HEM8 they sounded pretty good but had a driver fail so they are being warrantied. Sold the Oppo dac and now rocking a Onkyo DPX1.

Jul 13, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #19,573 of 24,683
KZ ZST, ZS3 and ZS5 seem like they're appreciated for the price. ZS5 is what we were talking about earlier... 21.50 USD on Amazon, 2 BA, 2 DD setup.

I read a a few pages of the thread there's a lot! And the zs5 seem to be Getting good appreciation , i will probably pickup a pair but I'm probably ordering my jotunheim tomorrow ( if they can deliver on a sat that is) so might be in a couple of weeks.

Jul 13, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #19,574 of 24,683
Lol was thinking the same thing!! What else would you consider. I've only owned a few pairs of earphones Shure 215 was my go to for 4 years then they broke and i got a set of shure 535 but they were too sensitive with my Oppo dac, so got so Nuforce HEM8 they sounded pretty good but had a driver fail so they are being warrantied. Sold the Oppo dac and now rocking a Onkyo DPX1.

To be honest, I've not delved in the hifi world as much as I wanted. I've tried Westone products and still own a W3, I've had Shure SE215's as well which I've sold... Most of my IEM's were brainwavz for a while. Been wanting to hit the hifi market for a while, Trinity was supposed to be my step up to this. Guess I aimed poorly. It's pretty hard to get an appreciation of what's liked out there. Campfire Audio seems like it's generally loved... Otherwise, Empire Ears have some fairly high priced products which are also appreciated, but I feel they're overhyped. Audeze have some pretty nice tech. Best way to know what sound suits you though is trying them at an audio convention with your baselined device (Mine is a Fiio X5 ii and iii)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back