TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jul 13, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #19,591 of 24,683
You sure you grabbed the right one? I see the ZS5 blue and gray on their site going for 30$... The ZST is 19.99

**edit** ZST is single DD and single BA, ZS5 is dual DD and dual BA

Hah, I did grab the wrong one. Pretty confusing honestly since it says "KZ ZST/ZS5" at the top. Oh well, I'm not gonna complain. I'll see what I think and if I like it for the price, I can always upgrade later. Honestly, I'm pretty laid back about pretty much anything that isn't a major catastrophe after my experience with TA...

Jul 13, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #19,592 of 24,683
Hah, I did grab the wrong one. Pretty confusing honestly since it says "KZ ZST/ZS5" at the top. Oh well, I'm not gonna complain. I'll see what I think and if I like it for the price, I can always upgrade later. Honestly, I'm pretty laid back about pretty much anything that isn't a major catastrophe after my experience with TA...

You might still have time to switch it around. :wink: And yes, it is pretty confusing... I like that they offer a cable upgrade too as well. Nice to see something not coming from China and taking 3 months though!

Jul 13, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #19,593 of 24,683
I was fortunate enough to get Andromeda B stock a while back and can't say enough how happy I am with them. My Master right side failed in the bass region and I had to send it back for repair. Communication with Jake has been good, as far as him answering my questions. According to Jake should have a solution on Friday according to Jake. I hope this is true and not just a delay tactic. I asked him if the Icarus III will ship direct from England or from Alabama. On 7/11 he said " the Icarus III is heading to the UK and US". As always, very vague. I say bite the bullet and buy something great b stock 64 audio campfire etc. Don't waste more money on the Chinese knock offs.

Now see I feel totally different than you @ncristia , for what you paid for that one "B" Stock pair of CA's one could buy the top 11-12 Chi-Fi iem's and have a heck of a lot more fun than the same pair of iem's every day:rolling_eyes: Don't get me wrong as the Andromeda is one heck of an iem but again it's just one iem in the vast sea of iem's.

As you may recall I have also mentioned some days back there is plenty of fault to spread around on the Trinity issue/s, I do know that the powers that be are not doing one thing to help if not just the opposite. I'm willing to still wait on my Icarus !/III's and once everything has cleared and everyone knows all the facts and what goes down may change their minds as well, the other reason I'm willing to hang in there is I own a half dozen Trinity iem's that are excellent with the exception 1. With that said and per Bob's promises each and everyone was an improvement over the last whether it was a second version or new release.

The old saying is never judge a book by it's cover and I pretty much think that these current threads are swaying new members and of course trying to find any kind of silver lining in the Trinity threads is pretty much impossible these days but I have a feeling once all things come to light there can be some resurrection:wink:

To support @bjaardker you should really drop $20-$25 on a pair of ZS5 and then realize do I really need to spend 2-3 months pay just to get great and even awesome sound:thinking: IMO this little setup right here can knock the socks off rigs costing 5-6 times as much but as always YMMV!

ZSToPUS.JPG

We won't even talk about how good the Masters sound on the Opy#1:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jul 13, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #19,595 of 24,683
Jul 13, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #19,596 of 24,683

I don't think you'll be disappointed in the ZST's, I almost like them better than my ZS5's. I got my ZST's first and loved them so much that I had to pre-order the ZS5's, I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

Jul 13, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #19,597 of 24,683
Jul 13, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #19,598 of 24,683
Now see I feel totally different than you @ncristia , for what you paid for that one "B" Stock pair of CA's one could buy the top 11-12 Chi-Fi iem's and have a heck of a lot more fun than the same pair of iem's every day:rolling_eyes: Don't get me wrong as the Andromeda is one heck of an iem but again it's just one iem in the vast sea of iem's.

As you may recall I have also mentioned some days back there is plenty of fault to spread around on the Trinity issue/s, I do know that the powers that be are not doing one thing to help if not just the opposite. I'm willing to still wait on my Icarus !/III's and once everything has cleared and everyone knows all the facts and what goes down may change their minds as well, the other reason I'm willing to hang in there is I own a half dozen Trinity iem's that are excellent with the exception 1. With that said and per Bob's promises each and everyone was an improvement over the last whether it was a second version or new release.

The old saying is never judge a book by it's cover and I pretty much think that these current threads are swaying new members and of course trying to find any kind of silver lining in the Trinity threads is pretty much impossible these days but I have a feeling once all things come to light there can be some resurrection:wink:

To support @bjaardker you should really drop $20-$25 on a pair of ZS5 and then realize do I really need to spend 2-3 months pay just to get great and even awesome sound:thinking: IMO this little setup right here can knock the socks off rigs costing 5-6 times as much but as always YMMV!

We won't even talk about how good the Masters sound on the Opy#1:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I have masters and oppy 1 ,fantastic together.

Jul 13, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #19,599 of 24,683
A little steep considering the preorder price... But I guess that goes to show we got a good deal on the masters. :p

How long did it take you to get your pre-orders? You can buy these and get them in a few days :grin:

Jul 13, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #19,600 of 24,683
How long did it take you to get your pre-orders? You can buy these and get them in a few days :grin:

I actually got the masters pretty quickly, considering. Which I'm glad, because they were for a collegue and not for me. Obviously, this guy was not selling them back then either though. :wink: I'd rather save 40 GBP and wait 2 months than spend full price...

Jul 13, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #19,601 of 24,683
I actually got the masters pretty quickly, considering. Which I'm glad, because they were for a collegue and not for me. Obviously, this guy was not selling them back then either though. :wink: I'd rather save 40 GBP and wait 2 months than spend full price...

Gotchya, I didn't know how long people had to wait for them through pre-orders, I just assumed it was a long time after reading through this thread. I bought my master's like 3 weeks ago so they were already sold out at the time of my purchase. What was the pre-order price?

Jul 13, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #19,602 of 24,683
Jul 13, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #19,603 of 24,683
Gotchya, I didn't know how long people had to wait for them through pre-orders, I just assumed it was a long time after reading through this thread. I bought my master's like 3 weeks ago so they were already sold out at the time of my purchase. What was the pre-order price?

Preorder was 60 GPB... Ordered them back in Feb, got them in april/may'ish... It's reasonable wait for me. The masters were on preorder longer than that though.

The longest running preorder is the PM6/Air/Hunter right now. There's also the whole delta fiasco which isn't taken care of... Hopefully the Icarus III won't take as long.

Jul 13, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #19,604 of 24,683
Can you send the link to the one you purchased with upgraded cable?

There's this one:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-KZ-Cable-2pin-0-75-mm-Upgraded-Silver-Plated-Cable-Earphone-Upgrade-Cable-for-KZ/32731535320.html

But I prefered the look of this one:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-ZST-Gold-Plated-Cable-2pin-0-75-mm-Upgraded-Silver-Plated-Cable-Earphone-Upgrade-Cable/32810325295.html

**edit** Just to clarify, I purchased the blue with mic off the link I supplied for Aliexpress and added the second link above to my order. They are different vendors though.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #19,605 of 24,683
Preorder was 60 GPB... Ordered them back in Feb, got them in april/may'ish... It's reasonable wait for me. The masters were on preorder longer than that though.

The longest running preorder is the PM6/Air/Hunter right now. There's also the whole delta fiasco which isn't taken care of... Hopefully the Icarus III won't take as long.

That's not bad at all, according to their website they were retailing for $205 usd, which would be 158 GPB. I paid $135 which I think isn't a bad price for them now considering you can't get them anymore

Users who are viewing this thread

Back