TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
May 29, 2017 at 1:18 AM Post #17,732 of 24,683
Especially since the days of the pre-orders are over. The Hyperion looks slightly overpriced at £49, the Vyrus maybe OK at £79, but a nice compact hybrid in the size and style of the Vyrus (should be possible, Sony have done it) priced at say £99 would surely sell very well, based on the almost unanimously positive impressions of the V2 sound.
Presumably the weakness of the British pound has contributed to higher prices, but also makes overseas sales more attractive.
The Master might struggle at £159 based on impressions so far, and obviously the PM6 and Hunter are aiming at a whole different market. Everyone (including me) is tempted by the Icarus', but only at pre-order pricing. Not tempted at retail.
So, going forwards, a "bread and butter" hybrid for £99, established quality sound signature, with the new cable system and filters should be a big seller.
The Hyperion was a good buy at £35, hence a steal at £10 and I would feel comfortable with the Vyrus 2 at £59-69, a bit too much at £79. And with the retail price of the Master and the Icarus III, they've completely abandoned the $£100 segment which you'd really think they'd be fighting to keep. A company like this strikes me as needing this exact segment to build on and become profitable.

With all of the comments about how exceptional the Delta II is, I would be interested to know how it compares to the Vyrus 2. Or if it does.

Still enjoy listening to my Atlas. For me it seems to sound better than my Master is some respects.
The OG Delta matched or surpassed the Vyrus V2 in nearly every way even without as many filter options. I have no doubt the Delta V2 would be an easily great contender even with the current lineup. Just needs a more ergonomic shell.

May 29, 2017 at 2:38 AM Post #17,733 of 24,683
The Hyperion was a good buy at £35, hence a steal at £10 and I would feel comfortable with the Vyrus 2 at £59-69, a bit too much at £79. And with the retail price of the Master and the Icarus III, they've completely abandoned the $£100 segment which you'd really think they'd be fighting to keep. A company like this strikes me as needing this exact segment to build on and become profitable.

The OG Delta matched or surpassed the Vyrus V2 in nearly every way even without as many filter options. I have no doubt the Delta V2 would be an easily great contender even with the current lineup. Just needs a more ergonomic shell.
Definitely loved Delta V II sound. The sad part was shell was big and the rounded edges hurt my ear after 2 hours or more.
Fix the shell and it was my favorite iem in it's price point : )

May 29, 2017 at 6:55 AM Post #17,735 of 24,683
An update from me for the Singapore folks, I sent Kieran an email last saturday and got a response 3 days after saying he'd ship them out on the day(which he did, according to my tracking(23rd)).
I got a call from a courier in Singapore this saturday, my hunters are supposedly here, but they are pending customs clearance(been here since 25,and courier called me only on the 27 as they had to get my contact number from him).
As the iems are >400 sgd, they are liable for GST before they can be released which the courier will be processing and charging me thereafter.
The IEMS were sent direct from UK to Singapore ( I did pay for expedited/tracked shipping, though)

I'd say give him a while and email him again in a bit if he doesn't respond, he is probably swamped but is doing his best, imo.
An update from me for the Singapore folks, I sent Kieran an email last saturday and got a response 3 days after saying he'd ship them out on the day(which he did, according to my tracking(23rd)).
I got a call from a courier in Singapore this saturday, my hunters are supposedly here, but they are pending customs clearance(been here since 25,and courier called me only on the 27 as they had to get my contact number from him).
As the iems are >400 sgd, they are liable for GST before they can be released which the courier will be processing and charging me thereafter.
The IEMS were sent direct from UK to Singapore ( I did pay for expedited/tracked shipping, though)

I'd say give him a while and email him again in a bit if he doesn't respond, he is probably swamped but is doing his best, imo.

Wait, you have to pay for gst for purchase above 400? Jeez...

May 29, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #17,740 of 24,683
Belgium. The PM6 are big, I mean BIG. But rather comfortable to wear (I use spiral dot MS), with goo seal and light. I have used it for a couple of hours so not much burn in (for people who believe in it, i kind of) first impressions are a mixed bag.
Sound wise, and I not sensitive to it, be prepared for a fight with sibilance. I tried black, green, gold (both versions), purple, sibilance is just too much for me to bear. I have now the gunmetal on and it is finally ok.
So with gunmetal on, the sound is rather bright and cold. Somewhat more than I expected. Also I feel they do not like to be driven high since the lows breaks easily and sibilance is back at high volumes. Staging is decent and detail ok.
At this stage I do not see me enjoying them over my periodic audio Be and, yes shot me down, even the vyrus2 (ouch).

I hope other filters and some burn in will change things.

May 29, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #17,741 of 24,683
Belgium. The PM6 are big, I mean BIG. But rather comfortable to wear (I use spiral dot MS), with goo seal and light. I have used it for a couple of hours so not much burn in (for people who believe in it, i kind of) first impressions are a mixed bag.
Sound wise, and I not sensitive to it, be prepared for a fight with sibilance. I tried black, green, gold (both versions), purple, sibilance is just too much for me to bear. I have now the gunmetal on and it is finally ok.
So with gunmetal on, the sound is rather bright and cold. Somewhat more than I expected. Also I feel they do not like to be driven high since the lows breaks easily and sibilance is back at high volumes. Staging is decent and detail ok.
At this stage I do not see me enjoying them over my periodic audio Be and, yes shot me down, even the vyrus2 (ouch).

I hope other filters and some burn in will change things.
That's impressive! Vyrus 2 can stand a fight to it! Yikes I hate sibilance too :frowning2:
Looks like I'm gonna be wrestling with filters and probably end up with gunmetal one.

:p trinity can take their time shipping my pm6. I'd rather get icarus III at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back