TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
May 27, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #17,701 of 24,683
So are you kinda saying you like the LZ A4 more? If yes how so just the bass? How do other aspects compare?
The LZ A4 have not only an amazing bass (quantity+quality), but overall a very pleasant sound quality with very good instrument separation and a nice soundstage.
Accessories including filters, tips and the very nice cables and case make it a steal at 200$. There are 14 absolutely positive reviews here on head-fi.

May 27, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #17,703 of 24,683
So are you kinda saying you like the LZ A4 more? If yes how so just the bass? How do other aspects compare?
My comparison (Master with dampened Silver, A4 with black/pink filters):

Bass: A4's bass sounds thicker, reaches deeper. Masters' bass is faster and more defined/detailed. - Draw.

Mids: A4's mids are laid back and smooth. Not devoid of detail, but nothing to rave about either. The Masters have coloured/enhanced mids that offer more body and detail in comparison. A4 has a slight edge when it comes to layering and imaging, though. - Winner: Trinity Master

Treble: This is the point where the A4 really pulls ahead. Treble detail and control is a level or two above the Masters' slightly loose and uncontrolled/splashy treble. - Winner: LZ A4

Imaging + Stage: While I wouldn't call the Masters mushy, they simply can't keep up with the A4's spacious sound and instrument separation. The Masters have a rather small stage with a diffuse instrument positioning. - Winner: LZ A4

Ergonomics: Both IEMs don't isolate very well. A4 have quite an awkward fit, but can be worn cable up or down. Masters fit much better, but only cable up position can be used. The Masters' cable, by the way, can be frustrating. Prepare for some serious Gordian knot action. - Draw!

Packaging and accessories: Both companies are very generous with accessories. - Draw.

Conclusion: The Trinity Masters are a steal for the 70 bucks many of us paid for them. At 180 continental European bucks, there is some serious competition. Some of it even from the same company, which is kinda bizarre. The LZ A4 are definitely the technically more proficient IEMs and are only marginally more expensive. But if you like your mids and prefer a fast and detailed bass, the Masters should be more interesting.

More detailed impressions will follow

Last edited:
May 27, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #17,704 of 24,683

Bass: A4's bass sounds thicker, reaches deeper. Masters' bass is faster and more defined/detailed. - Draw.

Mids: A4's mids are laid back and smooth. Not devoid of detail, but nothing to rave about either. The Masters have coloured/enhanced mids that offer more body and detail in comparison. A4 has a slight edge when it comes to layering and imaging, though. - Winner: Trinity Master

Treble: This is the point where the A4 really pulls ahead. Treble detail and control is a level or two above the Masters' slightly loose and uncontrolled/splashy treble. - Winner: LZ A4

Imaging + Stage: While I wouldn't call the Masters mushy, they simply can't keep up with the A4's spacious sound and instrument separation. The Masters have a rather small stage with a diffuse instrument positioning. - Winner: LZ A4

Ergonomics: Both IEMs don't isolate very well. A4 have quite an awkward fit, but can be worn cable up or down. Masters fit much better, but only cable up position can be used. The Masters' cable, by the way, can be frustrating. Prepare for some serious Gordian knot action. - Draw!

Packaging and accessories: Both companies are very generous with accessories. - Draw.

Conclusion: The Trinity Masters are a steal for the 70 bucks many of us paid for them. At 180 continental European bucks, there is some serious competition. Some of it even from the same company, which is kinda bizarre. The LZ A4 are definitely the technically more proficient IEMs and are only marginally more expensive. But if you like your mids and prefer a fast and detailed bass, the Masters should be more interesting.

Happy to hear this kind of detailed review and in particular I liked the part where there was no killing or any "mehs" :wink:.

In fact it would be nice if the forum software would automatically replace kill with love and trash with cuddle and so on. Would make much nicer comparisons to read.

OK, I suppose it is time to take a break from here.

May 27, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #17,705 of 24,683
Last edited:
May 27, 2017 at 7:19 PM Post #17,707 of 24,683
May 27, 2017 at 7:37 PM Post #17,708 of 24,683
I'm done with this company. This is absurd. I will either get another Master (already have one, but whatever) or a delta-hybrid, if this even exists, and then I'm forever shutting the door on this sad joke. This should be a case study in how to NOT run a small business.

When I need another pair of IEMs, I'll pay an extra hundred dollars or two to not have to put up with this crap again. Jesus.

Last edited:
May 27, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #17,710 of 24,683
R.I.P Atlas and Delta line, you will be missed.
giphy.gif

May 27, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #17,712 of 24,683

How are the vocals on Master?

The Black/Pink combo on LZ-A4 give such a nice forward, toward the front of your head placement of the vocals. Vocal are really shine with this combo.

May 27, 2017 at 9:58 PM Post #17,713 of 24,683
Just an update: I've gotten full refund from Trinity for my AD as I didn't want another Master. Took around two days so it's pretty fast. Some loss due to currency conversion but no big deal.

Regarding the survey email, Trinity does not seem to understand that our problem as a customer is not about the way crowdsourcing work, but the communication and straight up lies for the recent months. Delays and waits are frustrating but ultimately ok. However, I have zero tolerance for lies. That is to me, the bare minimum for a company I'd like to support and even more important for a small business.

Anyway enough with beating the dead horse. I'm just personally happy to be done with Trinity. Unsubbed and I wish everyone enjoy their new toys!

May 27, 2017 at 10:00 PM Post #17,714 of 24,683
Just an update: I've gotten full refund from Trinity for my AD as I didn't want another Master. Took around two days so it's pretty fast. Some loss due to currency conversion but no big deal.

Regarding the survey email, Trinity does not seem to understand that our problem as a customer is not about the way crowdsourcing work, but the communication and straight up lies for the recent months. Delays and waits are frustrating but ultimately ok. However, I have zero tolerance for lies. That is to me, the bare minimum for a company I'd like to support and even more important for a small business.

Anyway enough with beating the dead horse. I'm just personally happy to be done with Trinity. Unsubbed and I wish everyone enjoy their new toys!
Take care in your audio endeavors, wherever you go. :)

May 27, 2017 at 10:24 PM Post #17,715 of 24,683
I don't understand why they stopped selling the Delta II. After comparing the Delta I with the Master, it becomes clear just how fantastic the company's first IEMs were. The Delta was lightweight, comfortable, and sounded extremely good on all frequencies. I am going to keep testing the Master vs. Delta I, and may even purchase some LZ A4 (or Icarus IV, sigh) to really nail-down my perfect IEM under $200, but seriously, the Delta was a game changer and it is sad to see 'em go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back