TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
May 22, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #17,341 of 24,683
Mine's approaching that. Ordered a Hunter June 10, 2016. I keep hoping that I get an email update on the order, but no dice. I swear they're working backwards, newer orders first, older orders later. Sure hope that ain't the case.

I hope they are worth it.

Any quick first impressions? or did I miss them?[/QUOTE]

Nothing concrete yet. They are detail monsters, have a good staging (a little difficult to describe, by I'll get there once I really spend some time with them) and fit and ergonomics are top notch. I'd say they are the best Trinity IEM I have heard so far. Pretty bass capable on the bassier filters too, in that classic Trinity bass cannon style (but not quite as OTT as some of the rather models).

All in all, I think people will be happy. Closest thing I have heard that things me of the Hunter with gold damped filters is the Rhapsodio Galaxy V2, although the sound and tuning isn't quite the same, if you get my drift.

Definitely things I don't like about some of the filters, but that's half the fun, settling on one you do get the most out of.

Will post more detailed India in the next week or two once they have had some proper ear time.

One other thing - as they lean towards very detailed, a warmer source seems to work better. They definitely put my AK70 to the Aune M1S.

May 22, 2017 at 6:37 PM Post #17,342 of 24,683
One other thing - as they lean towards very detailed, a warmer source seems to work better. They definitely put my AK70 to the Aune M1S.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this 100%. They don't match well with my iFi iDSD Black or Fiio X7, I get sibilance with both. However, the Fiio X3ii is a perfect match. I still have my mojo and several other desktop setups to test plus a few more DAP's.

May 22, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #17,343 of 24,683
Awesome to hear some Hunter impressions, wondering where are the PM6 impressions from those who have received them. :O

May 22, 2017 at 8:25 PM Post #17,345 of 24,683
They're too busy listening to them or waiting for them. 50/50 on which is might be haha.

Haha fair enough! Does make sense though. I would be doing that. :p

May 23, 2017 at 1:28 AM Post #17,350 of 24,683
I have fiio x7 with am3 and opus 1 , can i ask which amp module you were using on the x7.
I always thought the x7 was a slightly warm dap in general, i do however when a/b with opus 1 notice better control on the opus 1 on the highs .
(Actually think opus 1 sounds better in general most of the time)
Can you also tell me what filters you are using ? .
One other thing - as they lean towards very detailed, a warmer source seems to work better. They definitely put my AK70 to the Aune M1S.

I agree with this 100%. They don't match well with my iFi iDSD Black or Fiio X7, I get sibilance with both. However, the Fiio X3ii is a perfect match. I still have my mojo and several other desktop setups to test plus a few more DAP's.[/QUOTE]

May 23, 2017 at 2:03 AM Post #17,351 of 24,683
Anyone from Asia received PM 6 OR the hunters that didn't have express shipping?

Am in Australia, nothing yet. I doubt there's any in ASIA yet. Only some folks in the UK received theirs, pretty sure it's not the whole lot. I reckon they're slowly rolling it out.

May 23, 2017 at 3:26 AM Post #17,354 of 24,683
I have fiio x7 with am3 and opus 1 , can i ask which amp module you were using on the x7.
I always thought the x7 was a slightly warm dap in general, i do however when a/b with opus 1 notice better control on the opus 1 on the highs .
(Actually think opus 1 sounds better in general most of the time)
Can you also tell me what filters you are using ? .

I agree with this 100%. They don't match well with my iFi iDSD Black or Fiio X7, I get sibilance with both. However, the Fiio X3ii is a perfect match. I still have my mojo and several other desktop setups to test plus a few more DAP's.
[/QUOTE]
It was with the AM3. However, the only filter I don't get sibilance with is the silver damped no matter what source I use. These things are so damn detailed. I'm looking forward to someone testing the frequency response. I suspect there's a peak somewhere between 5 and 8Khz that could have been tamed a few db. Maybe I'll mess with eq and see if I can find it that way.

May 23, 2017 at 4:37 AM Post #17,355 of 24,683
Someone is still waiting for the Master? I've ordered the Master in mid January and I'm in central EU.
I'm starting to worry.

Mine arrived at the post office today but didn't get delivered as I have to pay a $20 import tax on it. Will probably pick it up tomorrow.

Just got my masters today too, so there is hope yet @Cloudheaven.

Very preliminary impressions: they're smaller than I thought, but also stick out of one's ear quite a bit. Connection seems much more secure than PM4, and in general build seems a bit better, though I much prefer the gunmetal over the shiny chrome finish.

Sound with the red filters and medium silicone tips (standard attached) is a tad mid-bass heavy, but the strange resonance issues of the PM4 are gone, as is the sillibance. Soundstage is less wide than PM4 but somewhat deeper and as a result sound more natural. Overall coherent sounding. I hope another filter will provide some more air to the sound.

Mine came with a case and combi-tips. Fit is not very deep nor very secure though, so some experimentation with the tips is required - I really enjoyed the small combi tips on other IEMs so those are first on the list. Hopefully this will also improve insulation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back