TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
May 11, 2017 at 8:21 AM Post #16,414 of 24,683
just got the new Master. the plates are rough around the edges (literally) but the sound, whoo, the sound :):)

personally i think makes your wait worthwhile

Received Masters after cancelling the Atlas Delta preorder and changing it into order for the Masters IEM.
It was shipped the same day, or the next day after submitting the order. Shipping, which is "free", actually has to be payed from the Trinity to the
post office in UK, it is clearly stated at the package with the post stamp - 5.80£ .

It arrived in a surprisingly short time. The communication with the folks at Trinity regarding the refund for the Atlas Delta and this Masters order has been good, they answered my queries, other than that they might be overwhelmed with the amount of work having to be done.

I have preordered the Icarus III as well, and used the rebate for the Icarus I (only the shipping cost offer).

About the sound, after testing and removing the red filters the IEM came with, tried black and gunmetal, and then finally the Gold Undampened.
The Gold Undampened filter did the trick, it seems; I haven't tried the other two undampened filters yet - did not feel the need for it either, but I will do it in the next couple of days.

The protective box was included in the package (the small triangular-shaped, very handy) and all other acccessories, the combi tips in the separate box within the package as well.

To me - the original carbon fiber plates look most pleasing, so I won't bother to unscrew them.

The sound - for the money (used the rebate and got Masters with the heavy discount) - difficult to imagine better IEM.

Clarity, separation, detail retrieval, bass quality and quantity (even with not the bassiest of the filters) - layering and texture of the bass as well, and the sound across the registers - all is there, and the sound signature is the one I am accustomed to and prefer.
Very happy at the moment, and this is after two days of use.

Using them primarily of the laptop with Audioengine D3 DAC/Amp, Dragonfly Red of the Iphone SE for the mobile use.
They scale and thrive of the amplification, but do fine even of the MacBook pro without any DAC or even of the Iphone,
power hungry - well, yes, perhaps, they seem to scale to and respond well to the well chosen, suitable amp.

These are brief impressions, I have no access to the better headphone amps suitable for IEMs, i could only imagine the result with them...

It will be interesting to compare the Masters with the Icarus III (preordered) when they arrive - I think Bob was spot on when he was commenting
on the sound character of these two. What kind of the "more emotional" sound signature it will be, well, that will be really interesting to see and hear; I think I have an idea about it, nevertheless, for the time being truly enjoying the Masters.

Will write more about the sound impressions soon...

Would like to thank Bob and the Trinity staff for providing such good sound experience for the (really) low, low cost.

May 11, 2017 at 8:43 AM Post #16,416 of 24,683
So my tracked shipping for hunters is confirmed... Shipped early next week. Wish I could just receive the master first. :/
Glad to hear I'm not the only one still waiting for the Master. Do hope you get yours soon though!

May 11, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #16,417 of 24,683
Glad to hear I'm not the only one still waiting for the Master. Do hope you get yours soon though!

Jake said up to 14 business days from april 29th's email with him... So if it's not there by next Thursday, friday the latest, they were stolen from my mailbox. I really wish they had consulted people before taking that billing address decision.

May 11, 2017 at 8:51 AM Post #16,418 of 24,683
Got my Masters today. Shipped at least after my shipping was supposedly confirmed but at least they're here. First thing I noticed is that they're somehow even bigger and heavier than my PM4s which I already found pretty big and heavy.

May 11, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #16,422 of 24,683
All these conspiracy theory ...jeez!
Small company takes your money up front to build your iem, hence terms and conditions i.e delays and subject to change.
And from previous posts from bob have clearly made some significant changes to some of the iems to benefit us , once again hence the delays .
Im not saying there business model is perfect and I'm not saying there shouldn't be more transparency but i genuinely don't blame the guy for not wanting to come on here and explain when I feel a lot of people didn't understand the business model in the first place and he probably felt backed into a corner because of complaining and made further promises that they couldn't keep.
Who knows why there's more delays ???
Could be a supplier hadn't got enough tips to send ?
Could be a problem with packaging?
Could be any number of problems.
My point is that none of us want to receive a product thats not finished and i think (just a guess) thats why some have recieved there master without some extras because trinity felt backed in a corner to ship.
Also over speculating could cause serious problems to trinity and then NO ONE gets there iems! And also I would hate anything to happen to trinity because they are genuinely making fantastic iems.

Once again i understand frustration some have waited nearly a year and you have every right to be frustrated/ worried where your product is ...but i feel all the conspiracy theory is not helping.

This is why we need some form of communication letting us know what is actually going on, its just going to be more and more speculation and cancelled orders. They are only hurting themselves.

May 11, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #16,423 of 24,683
Well, seems somebody received master.

I ordered 7 earphone which included Master, Master6, Atlas Delta, Vyrus V2, but receive none of them.

I got shipping email on March state that Master6, Atlas Delta Vyrus V2 has been ship, but nothing receive till now.
Tried ask Jake, one email he replied is resend some of them ( obviously nothing ), then ask again got replied send next week.

Is it totally a fraud??

May 11, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #16,424 of 24,683
Well, seems somebody received master.

I ordered 7 earphone which included Master, Master6, Atlas Delta, Vyrus V2, but receive none of them.

I got shipping email on March state that Master6, Atlas Delta Vyrus V2 has been ship, but nothing receive till now.
Tried ask Jake, one email he replied is resend some of them ( obviously nothing ), then ask again got replied send next week.

Is it totally a fraud??

No, not a fraud... Some people have gotten Masters and if you take the time to read posts, some have been very vocal about not receiving them and they ended up getting them. Jake also said all ordered masters are shipped out. Vyrus are also shipping... To be honest, PM6 and Atlas Delta are still hazy though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back