TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 27, 2017 at 3:43 AM Post #15,736 of 24,683
I tried that but couldn't get a good seal. Yeah battery is pretty bad on these.
Have you tried if insulating the metal shell from you body helps as in this kickstarter post:

"Just a quick comment to back up what Drew said below.

"I had a lot of dropouts between left and right buds, but Drew's suggestion works for me. I've got double flange tips on which cause then to sit a little proud and not touching skin and had no drop outs yet. For info I have Gun Metal not Storm Trooper, so this works with a different material casing."

I wonder if the reason why this switching right and left works is because it will give less skin contact that way. I suppose if the skin contact is the issue, that it is possible to use something extra for insulation.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 3:59 AM Post #15,737 of 24,683
Hi Everyone,

I read about these IEMs 2days on a native language forum and sounds very interesting.
I tried to search/read on the net/in this tread (but this is huge...) so I have some questions which for I couldn't find the answer, I hope someone can help me. So mainly I'm interested in the new Phantom Master (tho' the Icarus III is sounds interesting too).

So the questions:

- do I understand correctly that the PM is a 4drivers IEM? (dual push-pull DD +dual BA)

- what is it's soundshape? V-shaped as it's predecessor or was it changed? If yes does a relatively flat/blanced sound can be achieved by any of it's filters?

- How does it performs compared to the 1More Triple? (detail, soundstage, clarity) Would it be an upgrade to switch 1more to PM? (I love the triple's sound /details tho' the trebles sometimes a lil'bit too harsh for me and the mid could be a little more forwarded (I know a different pricecategory but like the Vivo XE800))

- Could it be properly driven by a xDuoo X3 or it could be benefits from an extra AMP?

Thanks in advance!

Apr 27, 2017 at 4:39 AM Post #15,738 of 24,683
Hi Everyone,

I read about these IEMs 2days on a native language forum and sounds very interesting.
I tried to search/read on the net/in this tread (but this is huge...) so I have some questions which for I couldn't find the answer, I hope someone can help me. So mainly I'm interested in the new Phantom Master (tho' the Icarus III is sounds interesting too).

So the questions:

- do I understand correctly that the PM is a 4drivers IEM? (dual push-pull DD +dual BA)

Yes you are correct.

- what is it's soundshape? V-shaped as it's predecessor or was it changed? If yes does a relatively flat/blanced sound can be achieved by any of it's filters?

I believe the Trinity House sound is a somewhat V shape, but just a little. This can be attenuated by the filters eg. more bass, more treble.

- How does it performs compared to the 1More Triple? (detail, soundstage, clarity) Would it be an upgrade to switch 1more to PM? (I love the triple's sound /details tho' the trebles sometimes a lil'bit too harsh for me and the mid could be a little more forwarded (I know a different pricecategory but like the Vivo XE800))

- Could it be properly driven by a xDuoo X3 or it could be benefits from an extra AMP?

People have been reporting that the nPM (new Phantom Master) likes more power, but Bob always said they try to create IEMs that can be run by smartphones so people don't have to invest in DAC/AMPS, that doesn't mean they don't benefit from them, though.

Thanks in advance!

Apr 27, 2017 at 5:57 AM Post #15,739 of 24,683
I think this wont sound like an off topic, but how this new site operates reminds me a lot of trinity audio's shipping schedule!

Apr 27, 2017 at 6:21 AM Post #15,740 of 24,683
For those still in the atlas delta boat. Got a reply saying my item would ship next week. Wouldn't put too much weight on it though. :) We shall see. Id just be happy to hear some one receive a pair at this point to know their actually out of production.

Apr 27, 2017 at 7:21 AM Post #15,742 of 24,683
So far, my prediction is holding true; Airs and Hunters probably aren't gonna show up this week.

<new site rant>
On the upside(?), we have this new site......which annoys the hell outta me, not because it's a new look, but because it's ridiculously less functional than the old site. To get to my watched threads on the old site? 1 click. To get to watched threads on the new site? At least 5 clicks assuming I know where I'm going (which meant it initially took literally a couple minutes to figure out where stuff was). I'm also kinda pissed because they DEFINITELY lost data in the transfer; I have 1 listed review (or showcases) now except before this site update, I reviewed at least 5 items. The main site search function is now just kinda complete crap and is even less useful than before. Then there's the fact that I don't see any thread search function anymore! Give me site function over looks in this case, new site blows.
</new site rant>

Just wait until you try to use the mobile version on your phone.

Apr 27, 2017 at 7:30 AM Post #15,743 of 24,683
Maybe a stupid question but does the "TRADEUPPROGRAM" for the new PM can be used by anyone or only by those who already bought any TA IEM earlier?
I mean I try to make an order and the site accepted the couponcode without any problem so will I get the IEM for ₤60 or will they check it whether that account already purchased any IEM and if no will they add the extra ₤100 or just cancel the order?

Apr 27, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #15,745 of 24,683
Maybe a stupid question but does the "TRADEUPPROGRAM" for the new PM can be used by anyone or only by those who already bought any TA IEM earlier?
I mean I try to make an order and the site accepted the couponcode without any problem so will I get the IEM for ₤60 or will they check it whether that account already purchased any IEM and if no will they add the extra ₤100 or just cancel the order?
try and find out :p.

Apr 27, 2017 at 8:46 AM Post #15,747 of 24,683
First time back on the new look site , took a bit of time to find my watched threads and i seem to have lost all my reputation! ( sure there's a Joke there somewhere ) just had a quick catchup and glad to see more people receiving and appreciating there masters.

Apr 27, 2017 at 9:55 AM Post #15,749 of 24,683
I think it's safe to say only Masters, Vyrus and Air are shipping at this point despite what Bob said all the time.
Am I expecting too much from a sponsor here to be candid and transparent about ETA?
The next week and this week shipping updates are getting old.

Apr 27, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #15,750 of 24,683
I think it's safe to say only Masters, Vyrus and Air are shipping at this point despite what Bob said all the time.
Am I expecting too much from a sponsor here to be candid and transparent about ETA?
The next week and this week shipping updates are getting old.

So far I received the Vyrus but no Air (and of course none of the others i am waiting for).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back