TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 26, 2017 at 11:28 PM Post #15,721 of 24,683
So far, my prediction is holding true; Airs and Hunters probably aren't gonna show up this week.

<new site rant>
On the upside(?), we have this new site......which annoys the hell outta me, not because it's a new look, but because it's ridiculously less functional than the old site. To get to my watched threads on the old site? 1 click. To get to watched threads on the new site? At least 5 clicks assuming I know where I'm going (which meant it initially took literally a couple minutes to figure out where stuff was). I'm also kinda pissed because they DEFINITELY lost data in the transfer; I have 1 listed review (or showcases) now except before this site update, I reviewed at least 5 items. The main site search function is now just kinda complete crap and is even less useful than before. Then there's the fact that I don't see any thread search function anymore! Give me site function over looks in this case, new site blows.
</new site rant>
Upper right press the number next to Account Alerts. On the next page press Watched Threads on the upper left side of the screen. Two key presses. I do agree about taking away a bunch of functionality. Pretty stupid but it looks like the new site will bring in more revenue.

Apr 27, 2017 at 12:02 AM Post #15,722 of 24,683
Upper right press the number next to Account Alerts. On the next page press Watched Threads on the upper left side of the screen. Two key presses. I do agree about taking away a bunch of functionality. Pretty stupid but it looks like the new site will bring in more revenue.
I was gonna rant more about the site, but I'll just PM instead since it isn't related to the Trinity IEMs anyway.

So people have started receiving Masters here in the US I recall, but I'd really like to see the Airs show up. Holding out hope that maybe the BT modules won't have as much issue with my head as a lotta the people I see on KS. I also wonder if they have capability, like I've read regarding other IEMs, of updating firmware or tweaks. Like, perhaps you'd put your Airs in the case and plug the case into your computer to upload new firmware tweaks. What I really need is to actually receive them haha.

Apr 27, 2017 at 12:08 AM Post #15,723 of 24,683
I cancelled my order. If anyone thinks that is ok that someone lies but is all forgiven because of value product it is his choice. I am tired already. I got refund for PM6, but they can't even manage to refund to the account from I bought it, they refunded to different account with different currency so I lost some money, but I shouldn't be surprised. Still waiting for refund for Icarus I.

Apr 27, 2017 at 12:14 AM Post #15,724 of 24,683
I was gonna rant more about the site, but I'll just PM instead since it isn't related to the Trinity IEMs anyway.

So people have started receiving Masters here in the US I recall, but I'd really like to see the Airs show up. Holding out hope that maybe the BT modules won't have as much issue with my head as a lotta the people I see on KS. I also wonder if they have capability, like I've read regarding other IEMs, of updating firmware or tweaks. Like, perhaps you'd put your Airs in the case and plug the case into your computer to upload new firmware tweaks. What I really need is to actually receive them haha.

As per Bob's explanation. Depends on the size of your head and how much water it contains. Maybe you will get lucky and won't experience any dropouts.

Apr 27, 2017 at 12:16 AM Post #15,725 of 24,683
I cancelled my order. If anyone thinks that is ok that someone lies but is all forgiven because of value product it is his choice. I am tired already. I got refund for PM6, but they can't even manage to refund to the account from I bought it, they refunded to different account with different currency so I lost some money, but I shouldn't be surprised. Still waiting for refund for Icarus I.
You put money in the Icarus I as well? I saw that "apology deal" and I decided I'll consider it if it actually comes out and shows promise. I'm not cancelling my other orders right now though; my stance is that I've just waited too damn long to back out now. Definitely not the case for others as we've seen, very reasonable indeed.

Apr 27, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #15,726 of 24,683
Huh. Well, you'd think since it's practically in the same price range as the lyra ii it should be at least as good. We'll see.

I think thats safe to hope for. The only problem I've run into with IEM's with interchangeable filters is that they aren't as well balanced as some IEM's that don't use interchangeable filters. It's nice if you get to modify the sound, but IEM's like Campfire Audio's or Periodic Audio's are so well balanced to start with. I'm hoping BOB has gotten the balance thing down better.

You put money in the Icarus I as well? I saw that "apology deal" and I decided I'll consider it if it actually comes out and shows promise. I'm not cancelling my other orders right now though; my stance is that I've just waited too damn long to back out now. Definitely not the case for others as we've seen, very reasonable indeed.

I'm with you on that one... The only problem is BOB has been pulling delays for months now and my patience is wearing thin cuz I think sometimes that he could very well come out with a delay for another two months. BOB has been saying that he has been getting hunters done, but none are being reported to have been received. I'm in the mindset of returning mine, but the problem is the darn GBP exchange rate and I'll lose a significant amount of money.

Apr 27, 2017 at 12:53 AM Post #15,727 of 24,683
I can't quote on this new site...
Yes, I put money for Icarus I because I really believed in that I will wait for my PM6. I was really looking forward to it. I have trouble at work also but the main reason of canceling was theirs unfair behavior as I see it.

Apr 27, 2017 at 12:54 AM Post #15,728 of 24,683
I think thats safe to hope for. The only problem I've run into with IEM's with interchangeable filters is that they aren't as well balanced as some IEM's that don't use interchangeable filters. It's nice if you get to modify the sound, but IEM's like Campfire Audio's or Periodic Audio's are so well balanced to start with. I'm hoping BOB has gotten the balance thing down better.

I'm with you on that one... The only problem is BOB has been pulling delays for months now and my patience is wearing thin cuz I think sometimes that he could very well come out with a delay for another two months. BOB has been saying that he has been getting hunters done, but none are being reported to have been received. I'm in the mindset of returning mine, but the problem is the darn GBP exchange rate and I'll lose a significant amount of money.
Oh right, the crap exchange rate; my stubborn head didn't even get to that part yet lol. We're gonna have to stick it out now.

As you mention the thing about tuning filters, I think, judging by how the Vyrus filters worked out for me, there's good potential for balance to be on point.....you know, when they actually show up. That said, you're right that those other manufacturers nail it without filters, but the cost is that you're "stuck" with that sound signature. I'm loving my Noble X's for a similar reason.

Apr 27, 2017 at 12:59 AM Post #15,729 of 24,683
I can't quote on this new site...
Yes, I put money for Icarus I because I really believed in that I will wait for my PM6. I was really looking forward to it. I have trouble at work also but the main reason of canceling was theirs unfair behavior as I see it.
It's a reasonable response to the lack of delivering in a proposed timely fashion. I can't blame you for cancelling things or for being excited about them in the first place.

BTW, regarding quoting stuff on the site, are you one mobile or desktop browser? I haven't used the mobile site yet, but on the desktop browser, it now takes you 3 clicks to actually quote someone. 1 click on the quote button, then scroll down to the reply box, 1 click on the "insert quotes" button at the bottom left corner of the reply box, then a dialog box pops up asking if those are the posts you wanna quote so 1 click to say "DUH, YES", then you can write and post your response in the thread. I dunno how it works on mobile though, but that's how it works on desktop browser. I'm using the latest version of Mozilla Firefox.

Apr 27, 2017 at 2:24 AM Post #15,731 of 24,683
Quick update on Airs... These were pretty unusable, with constant dropouts between the buds. Last night I tried at home with the buds reversed in my ears, with the body kind of facing downwards. To my surprise they seemed to work far better. Today, I'm on my way to work and now on the tube and so far I've had zero drops connected to my zx100

Apr 27, 2017 at 2:42 AM Post #15,732 of 24,683
Quick update on Airs... These were pretty unusable, with constant dropouts between the buds. Last night I tried at home with the buds reversed in my ears, with the body kind of facing downwards. To my surprise they seemed to work far better. Today, I'm on my way to work and now on the tube and so far I've had zero drops connected to my zx100
Do you mean you put the right one in your left ear?

Apr 27, 2017 at 3:08 AM Post #15,733 of 24,683
Left in right and vice versa. Been listening for the last hour and it was rock solid until around 50 mins. Presumably the battery is starting to weaken now and I've had a few drops but nothing drastic. When I wear them properly they are completely unusable.

Apr 27, 2017 at 3:08 AM Post #15,734 of 24,683
All this makes me scared as to when and if my Icarus III will ever arrive... Of course it should be arriving after PM6 and Hunter and Atlas-Delta but we don't know anything about those so I'm not sure on whether to stay and wait or just save myself the time and spend the $100 on the 1More triple drivers or Periodic Audio Mg or something I don't know

Apr 27, 2017 at 3:10 AM Post #15,735 of 24,683
Left in right and vice versa. Been listening for the last hour and it was rock solid until around 50 mins. Presumably the battery is starting to weaken now and I've had a few drops but nothing drastic. When I wear them properly they are completely unusable.
I tried that but couldn't get a good seal. Yeah battery is pretty bad on these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back