TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 16, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #14,551 of 24,683
I cancelled my Master's order, along with many others with TA, for a pair of LZ-A4. They should arrive tomorrow, and without even receiving them it has already been a rewarding decision. I no longer have to worry about whether or not the product will arrive this year (yes that is a joke, no you don't need to shout at me for it, as it was a joke so hush). I no longer have to worry about whether or not it'll actually be any good, or deal with any of the other issues with preordering, and small businesses. I do completely understand that those issues are all part of the pre-ordering deal, its a risk/reward thing, but in honesty for me at least its simply not worth it, and I'm a student so I don't have a lot of disposable income as it is. So far on my own TA adventure, I have been directly lied to by trinity on 2 different occasions, I have stupidly published my own name and email address online and my account has been hacked, along with multiple other people. I, along with others, have received emails from a person impersonating Trinity, who I can only assume was "myemaildw" as they were using our emails to bash us on Youtube, but honestly who know's. I don't think Trinity were at fault in any way for the email ordeal, in my circumstances I was entirely at fault, nor do I believe that their lying was malicious. However, the way I was neglected as a customer, and the promises made to me were simply shrugged off is simply unprofessional, and as someone who wholeheartedly supported Trinity Audio from the day I discovered them, I am upset about it. I was refunded every cent of what I had spent on Trinity orders, which was 3 pairs of IEM's and an ICARUS I, and they did so without hesitation and for that I am grateful. But, I am left disappointed and confused as to how the company undeniably lied to me, telling me without any mentioned doubt that I would have my MASTERS order before I left for a trip at the end of March. That was a month before I left. They then have all of their "24/25th" delays, which lead me to confirm that my order will still be shipped in time to give shipping a reasonable time frame so that it would arrive at my doorstep before I left. They said I would have the earphones before I left. One week before I leave, I check again, but this time they get confused and forget I ordered express shipping. We sort all of this out and 3 days before I leave, they still haven't shipped the earphones, the day before I leave they tell me they are waiting for me to confirm my address has not changed.
Now, I have arrived home and have ordered the A4, and no longer am I bitter about my experience with Trinity. So I can be honest and hopefully unbiased about it. I believe that Trinity Audio lied to me, I believe that their poor communication skills and organisation, lead to confusion which lead to dishonesty, in a broken promise to a customer. I do not believe they lied deliberately or knew they were making unrealistic promises but I do think that their poor management lead to the outcome regardless, and it remains unprofessional and unacceptable in the market that Trinity is swimming in.
Thanks to anyone still reading by this point, if you are wondering why I have made this post, it is so that I can give my honest feedback about my experience with Trinity, without maligning the company or upsetting any reasonable person, including Bob hopefully. I hold no grudge against TA, Bob or Jake as I believe it was more of a mistake and miscommunication on their part that lead to the broken promise, and the email hassle was entirely my fault, and really it was unrelated.

Thanks
Beemer

Beemer, I'm sorry about your ordeal.

This seems to sum up the Trinity experience.

Apr 16, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #14,553 of 24,683
  How ironic would it be if all orders were delivered on Monday.  :) 

I still think the Atlas Delta and the Hunter are going to be awesome.

I just wish they would get their act together.

I'll admit, I am appeased by the discounts and AMP/DAC offer, but holy moly this was a big moment for trinity and they are sabotaging it.

At first it was like watching the train shift to the left and right and you could see the lack of tracks up ahead, but now this is...

It's just like, "c'mon, man."

Apr 16, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #14,554 of 24,683
I've got a lot less invested than many in this thread, and I'm very impressed with the Sabre, so I'm willing to ride this whole thing out. I'm waiting on the Atlas Delta and the Icarus I, which will combine into a very inexpensive wireless set for on the go.
I still want to think Trinity is acting in good faith and just hopelessly behind, which I sincerely hope is the case both for them and their customers, but I won't be surprised when the worst happens.
Add me to the list of those who would be much happier if they had just said "we messed up and there is no way we can meet our stated deadlines". That plus an honest biweekly status report would have cut this thread down by many thousands of posts.

Go Trinity! Still pulling for you!

Apr 16, 2017 at 8:18 PM Post #14,556 of 24,683
I've got a lot less invested than many in this thread, and I'm very impressed with the Sabre, so I'm willing to ride this whole thing out. I'm waiting on the Atlas Delta and the Icarus I, which will combine into a very inexpensive wireless set for on the go.
I still want to think Trinity is acting in good faith and just hopelessly behind, which I sincerely hope is the case both for them and their customers, but I won't be surprised when the worst happens.
Add me to the list of those who would be much happier if they had just said "we messed up and there is no way we can meet our stated deadlines". That plus an honest biweekly status report would have cut this thread down by many thousands of posts.

Go Trinity! Still pulling for you!

Bob tried to do this... Just doesn't seem like what he said adds up with the reality. :/

Apr 16, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #14,557 of 24,683
I don't get it either. He says Hunters still need to be built but the Masters and Airs are done...But only some are getting shipping confirmations whilst people ordering other products are getting theirs shipped next day. So are they done or not? And if they're done why are new orders getting priority over older ones? People ordering the Hyperions or whatever are getting theirs shipped next day. I don't even understand.

Apr 16, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #14,559 of 24,683
  How ironic would it be if all orders were delivered on Monday.  :) 

Boy it would just really suck for all the people that cancelled on Wednesday and Thursday (because they were apparently closed on Friday). If that happened, they woulda been this close to getting their items. But I'm pretty doubtful anyway. I don't expect to see any of my items delivered until next Friday at the very earliest, and that's assuming they deliver even sorta on their most recent stated timeline (which doesn't look good for them so far if they aren't working Monday either).

I'll admit, I am appeased by the discounts and AMP/DAC offer, but holy moly this was a big moment for trinity and they are sabotaging it.

At first it was like watching the train shift to the left and right and you could see the lack of tracks up ahead, but now this is...

They've been real busy with that self-sabotage the past few months. Regarding your train example, they pretty much saw the tracks fall away in the middle of crossing a very wide and deep canyon and now we're just all seeing how far they fall into that canyon before they hit the bottom. No one ever wishes for a company like Trinity Audio to get so screwed over, but they've kinda been doing it to themselves. Hopefully they hit that bottom soon. Can't start the arduous climb back up to gaining customer trust until then.

Apr 16, 2017 at 11:36 PM Post #14,560 of 24,683
Does anyone actually have the Masters and can compare with the LZ A4? I've only seen a Masters and some Jaw Bone Audio review but that's rubbish lol didn't give any real insight because I got none of those nor are there any good reviews on either of them.

Apr 17, 2017 at 1:01 AM Post #14,561 of 24,683
http://www.head-fi.org/t/633511/pictures-of-your-portable-rig-part-xvi/23520_30#post_13429666
There's a good picture in this thread of the new Master. Looks very nice. :)
Obviously there are people who aren't on this thread that have got their Masters, a good sign? Probably a lot more out there than the handful that we've seen here. Maybe Hunters lurk out there, unseen :wink:

Apr 17, 2017 at 1:47 AM Post #14,563 of 24,683

What AMP/DAC offer? Funny thing is, Canada Post is closed on Monday, I don't want a refund if I can get the headphones, but I doubt they'll even come this week. I'm SO EXCITED FOR MY DELTAS. Never had interchangeable drivers on IN EARS, but its taking AAAAGGGESSSS!!! My china package came faster, and I ordered it 2 weeks after they shipped out the package from the US, how crazy is that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back