TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 16, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #14,536 of 24,683
  i dont like the fact Trinity did not put all resources into pm6 and hunter instead of doing master at the same time! Master was meant to be released AFTER pm6 and hunter so they should have delayed that to clear backlog.
Yet master has started to ship but nothing on pm6 or hunter. 

​The question is, if the could make Master 6 and Hunter faster, when they wouldn't introduce Master and Icarus III. From Instagram pictures it seems, that they had Master nearly finished but they still didn't have Hunter and Master 6 shells. Who knows. Maybe there even was for example delay with drivers or something else. Something that is beyond Triniy's ability to make whole production faster.

But this is Bob's place to tell us ...

EDIT> Plus Trinity GUARANTEED, that Master will be shipped in march, so this also could be the reason, why they didn't want to delay them. Master 6 and Hunter didn't have any guaranteed release date.

Apr 16, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #14,537 of 24,683

​The question is, if the could make Master 6 and Hunter faster, when they wouldn't introduce Master and Icarus III. From Instagram pictures it seems, that they had Master nearly finished but they still didn't have Hunter and Master 6 shells. Who knows. Maybe there even was for example delay with drivers or something else. Something that is beyond Triniy's ability to make whole production faster.

But this is Bob's place to tell us ...

EDIT> Plus Trinity GUARANTEED, that Master will be shipped in march, so this also could be the reason, why they didn't want to delay them. Master 6 and Hunter didn't have any guaranteed release date.

Probably just a case of something is better than nothing.

Apr 16, 2017 at 12:40 PM Post #14,538 of 24,683
I'm not sure if they forgot it or just dont care at all, but the website still claims shipping for the deltas will begin in "Approximately" Febuary 16th 2017. It's the 16th of april now and as far as I know no one has received them. I'm not even expecting them to ship at this point, but at least give us some information and update the website.

Apr 16, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #14,539 of 24,683
As I said before, delays and setbacks are OK and most people here were fine with that as long as they are getting updates, but saying Hunter, PM6, Air and Delta Atlas are being shipped while nothing shows up plus Bob saying most of the outstanding orders are from Head-Fi memebers (really???) just doesn't make sense anymore.
If there is no transparency and honesty that's not the kind of business model I would like to support.

Apr 16, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #14,540 of 24,683
As I said before, delays and setbacks are OK and most people here were fine with that as long as they are getting updates, but saying Hunter, PM6, Air and Delta Atlas are being shipped while nothing shows up plus Bob saying most of the outstanding orders are from Head-Fi memebers (really???) just doesn't make sense anymore.
If there is no transparency and honesty that's not the kind of business model I would like to support.

Exactly there is no logical reason why headfi members have all the orders been ready for next week....unless they did in that way.

Apr 16, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #14,541 of 24,683
Exactly there is no logical reason why headfi members have all the orders been ready for next week....unless they did in that way.

How do they even distinguish between Head-Fi orders and regular orders?
Last time I looked it up there were no reviews or impressions anywhere outside of Head-Fi either.
Normally you see a few on YouTube and other blogs as well.

Apr 16, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #14,542 of 24,683

I don't think they wanted to be vague or misleading. My guess is that there was considerable number of people, who did not get the concept of Trinity pre order system (higher risks and marginal= very low price) and threatened them with cancellation very fast..
As I assume that Trinity did already use the pre-order money of PM6 and Huter R&D and  production I would guess they felt they have to be vague.. I hope they now have enough money from other products to deal with possible cancellations while finishing (probably waiting something from subcontractor) Hunters and PM6's.

I think many companies have done way worse things, when in trouble. From my part I understand completely.

My guess is that Master, Vyrus and Icarus 3 (maybe now also PM6 and atlas-delta) will all come from using the same subcontractors that Trinity have finally found after all the trouble with PM4. 

This is just a guess.

Apr 16, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #14,545 of 24,683
I don't think they wanted to be vague or misleading. My guess is that there was considerable number of people, who did not get the concept of Trinity pre order system (higher risks and marginal= very low price) and threatened them with cancellation very fast..
As I assume that Trinity did already use the pre-order money of PM6 and Huter R&D and  production I would guess they felt they have to be vague.. I hope they now have enough money from other products to deal with possible cancellations while finishing (probably waiting something from subcontractor) Hunters and PM6's.

I think many companies have done way worse things, when in trouble. From my part I understand completely.

My guess is that Master, Vyrus and Icarus 3 (maybe now also PM6 and atlas-delta) will all come from using the same subcontractors that Trinity have finally found after all the trouble with PM4. 

This is just a guess.

I'm not sure I follow. Trinity is not the first company to do pre-orders. What do you mean higher risk and marginal = very low price? Their items are priced well but it also depends what do you compare them with. If you go by the MSRP and then the coupons they often offer then this is to me the actual market value.
What you're describing is a terrible business practice. Do you think customers deserve vague answers? Based on what you're saying people should feel lucky if they get anything at all. I don't believe this is what Trinity had in mind when they launched. This is a IEMs we are talking about not stock options for a private company.

Apr 16, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #14,546 of 24,683

To Trinity I wish you a happy Easter
Bob I hope you and your family are doing well and I wish you the best at this holiday season.

Nekromantik, That makes no sense. The indication was that items have shipped all over the world by now. Supposedly the orders to Europe or Southeast Asia were sent to weeks three weeks ago. They weren't distinguishing whether you were a member of this forum or not.
What makes very little sense to me, is I would've expected the most early pre-orders on Hunter and Master 6 to havegone out first to those individuals. In fact, as I recall in November/December that's what Bob said was that the earliest pre-orders would go out before others.
This was implied with the KS campaign, that early backers would get theirs first.

Apr 16, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #14,547 of 24,683
To Trinity I wish you a happy Easter
Bob I hope you and your family are doing well and I wish you the best at this holiday season.

Nekromantik, That makes no sense. The indication was that items have shipped all over the world by now. Supposedly the orders to Europe or Southeast Asia were sent to weeks three weeks ago. They weren't distinguishing whether you were a member of this forum or not.
What makes very little sense to me, is I would've expected the most early pre-orders on Hunter and Master 6 to havegone out first to those individuals. In fact, as I recall in November/December that's what Bob said was that the earliest pre-orders would go out before others.
This was implied with the KS campaign, that early backers would get theirs first.

yes but no one on headFi has got it yet.
yet Bob said of the 150 ready next week most are headfi.
in what world does that make sense?

Apr 16, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #14,548 of 24,683
I'm not sure I follow. Trinity is not the first company to do pre-orders. What do you mean higher risk and marginal = very low price? Their items are priced well but it also depends what do you compare them with. If you go by the MSRP and then the coupons they often offer then this is to me the actual market value.
What you're describing is a terrible business practice. Do you think customers deserve vague answers? Based on what you're saying people should feel lucky if they get anything at all. I don't believe this is what Trinity had in mind when they launched. This is a IEMs we are talking about not stock options for a private company.

I compare the price I pay for comparable products on the market. On my own experience the products punch above their normal price (without any coupons). The pre order price can be 1/3 of this price. So to me that is insane.

What they offer to me is unique combination of artistic design and great sound. Sound quality  I suppose is a more personal question, but the design of the shells and so on belong to products with completely different price tags.  To me what Trinity is doing is very unique and it would be horrible waste of talent if this company gets into trouble and Bob looses the opportunity to freely do what he does best.

I have no ties with Trinity and have never received any freebies.. I however, have strong sympathy on R&D engineers with artistic skills.
I also don't expect such person to be very skilled on all the traits related running a company and I'm willing to look over all the hassle that impulsive and creative person can create.

Apr 16, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #14,549 of 24,683
yes but no one on headFi has got it yet.
yet Bob said of the 150 ready next week most are headfi.
in what world does that make sense?

Exactly. I agree with everything you stated.
You expect the first pre-orders to of had priority.
I have no idea why nobody has seem to of received anything.
Very confusing.

Mind you, people are receiving Master and Vyrus 2 in extremely small numbers. Why these are going out before anything else, have no idea.

Apr 16, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #14,550 of 24,683
I cancelled my Master's order, along with many others with TA, for a pair of LZ-A4. They should arrive tomorrow, and without even receiving them it has already been a rewarding decision. I no longer have to worry about whether or not the product will arrive this year (yes that is a joke, no you don't need to shout at me for it, as it was a joke so hush). I no longer have to worry about whether or not it'll actually be any good, or deal with any of the other issues with preordering, and small businesses. I do completely understand that those issues are all part of the pre-ordering deal, its a risk/reward thing, but in honesty for me at least its simply not worth it, and I'm a student so I don't have a lot of disposable income as it is. So far on my own TA adventure, I have been directly lied to by trinity on 2 different occasions, I have stupidly published my own name and email address online and my account has been hacked, along with multiple other people. I, along with others, have received emails from a person impersonating Trinity, who I can only assume was "myemaildw" as they were using our emails to bash us on Youtube, but honestly who know's. I don't think Trinity were at fault in any way for the email ordeal, in my circumstances I was entirely at fault, nor do I believe that their lying was malicious. However, the way I was neglected as a customer, and the promises made to me were simply shrugged off is simply unprofessional, and as someone who wholeheartedly supported Trinity Audio from the day I discovered them, I am upset about it. I was refunded every cent of what I had spent on Trinity orders, which was 3 pairs of IEM's and an ICARUS I, and they did so without hesitation and for that I am grateful. But, I am left disappointed and confused as to how the company undeniably lied to me, telling me without any mentioned doubt that I would have my MASTERS order before I left for a trip at the end of March. That was a month before I left. They then have all of their "24/25th" delays, which lead me to confirm that my order will still be shipped in time to give shipping a reasonable time frame so that it would arrive at my doorstep before I left. They said I would have the earphones before I left. One week before I leave, I check again, but this time they get confused and forget I ordered express shipping. We sort all of this out and 3 days before I leave, they still haven't shipped the earphones, the day before I leave they tell me they are waiting for me to confirm my address has not changed.
Now, I have arrived home and have ordered the A4, and no longer am I bitter about my experience with Trinity. So I can be honest and hopefully unbiased about it. I believe that Trinity Audio lied to me, I believe that their poor communication skills and organisation, lead to confusion which lead to dishonesty, in a broken promise to a customer. I do not believe they lied deliberately or knew they were making unrealistic promises but I do think that their poor management lead to the outcome regardless, and it remains unprofessional and unacceptable in the market that Trinity is swimming in.
Thanks to anyone still reading by this point, if you are wondering why I have made this post, it is so that I can give my honest feedback about my experience with Trinity, without maligning the company or upsetting any reasonable person, including Bob hopefully. I hold no grudge against TA, Bob or Jake as I believe it was more of a mistake and miscommunication on their part that lead to the broken promise, and the email hassle was entirely my fault, and really it was unrelated.

Thanks
Beemer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back