TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Mar 6, 2017 at 9:13 PM Post #11,206 of 24,683
I've been listening to PM4 (with gold undamped) and it blows me away every time I listen to it. This is even after listening to 64audio U4SE, Campfire Audio Jupiter, PSB M4U4 and Empire Ears Supra II. Each one of them are special including PM4 for which the price paid was nothing. Good job Bobtrinity & team.

I'm waiting to compare Campfire Audio Jupiter with Hunter. Both have their own implementations of Acoustic chamber technology. 

Mar 6, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #11,207 of 24,683
Sorry if it was ever mentioned before, I just found this thread and have scrolled a few pages but didn't find the answer to my questions... Are the PM and the Airs coming at the same time if you ordered the combo perk(KS)? If so, are the combo perks sent later than the single orders or are they one of the priorities? Thanks in advance.

Mar 7, 2017 at 2:07 AM Post #11,208 of 24,683
  I've been listening to PM4 (with gold undamped) and it blows me away every time I listen to it. This is even after listening to 64audio U4SE, Campfire Audio Jupiter, PSB M4U4 and Empire Ears Supra II. Each one of them are special including PM4 for which the price paid was nothing. Good job Bobtrinity & team.

I'm waiting to compare Campfire Audio Jupiter with Hunter. Both have their own implementations of Acoustic chamber technology. 

I have the Supra 2! Back from when the company was known as Earwerkz, but it's essentially the same. I don't have a PM4 though, but I agree the Supra is a special IEM indeed.

Sorry if it was ever mentioned before, I just found this thread and have scrolled a few pages but didn't find the answer to my questions... Are the PM and the Airs coming at the same time if you ordered the combo perk(KS)? If so, are the combo perks sent later than the single orders or are they one of the priorities? Thanks in advance.

I can't say that I've seen this question asked here so that's probably why you can't find the answer here 
tongue.gif
. Have you also asked this question in the KS comments as well? It might be worth it, hedging your bets you know? The more separate places you ask, the better chance you have of getting an answer from Trinity.

Mar 7, 2017 at 2:15 AM Post #11,209 of 24,683
The MFI branding you have to pay apple for the privilege of using (citation needed) was created to show what products would work inside apples 'walled garden' as far as I know
MFi is for the lightning connector only and is both a logo and a custom chip to guarantee it works on all lightning products. Since Bob has no lightning connectors, he'd have no reason to use MFi.

Mar 7, 2017 at 2:26 AM Post #11,210 of 24,683
MFi is for the lightning connector only and is both a logo and a custom chip to guarantee it works on all lightning products. Since Bob has no lightning connectors, he'd have no reason to use MFi.

Nope...

"The program covers various device connectors including the headphone jack, original dock connector and the newer Lightning connector, as well as AirPlay support."

That was in the link I posted, and before you assume I am an android fanboy or such; my house is full of Apple products and I know very well about their compatibility issues which is why I Google before purchasing anything third-party!

Mar 7, 2017 at 2:33 AM Post #11,211 of 24,683
Wow that's some real sky high praise!!
eek.gif

Quote:

Mar 7, 2017 at 6:30 AM Post #11,212 of 24,683

It's nice iems so I don't know why people sell it

Mar 7, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #11,213 of 24,683
I've been wondering tho, what's the difference between PM4 and 64 audio u4se? I've heard the pm4 but not the u4se so I'm eager to know. There are little reviews on the u4se too....

Mar 7, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #11,214 of 24,683
Speaking of the Icarus III, has the discount ended already? Was debating picking one up based on Bob's last description now payday has come around to compare against the Hunter, but see they are back up to full price.

@Bobtrinity - are these likely to be discounted again before shipping, or is the pre-order discount window now closed?

Has this been answered somewhere? 

Mar 7, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #11,216 of 24,683
With a tweezer or whatever it is called in English.
The key for me was to make sure the contact is permanent. My problems comes
From a mismatch between the two sides of the connector causing movement of the cable to get the pin not touch the item female connectors
If you prefer make the pin thicker with some solder

Thanks, I'll try it later.

Mar 7, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #11,219 of 24,683
  I've been wondering tho, what's the difference between PM4 and 64 audio u4se? I've heard the pm4 but not the u4se so I'm eager to know. There are little reviews on the u4se too....

Well I'm sure you've seen right off the bat that the U4, like all of 64Audio's products, are only balanced armatures and the PM4 is a hybrid. So that in itself should create differences. How the Apex module affects it compared to the ADEL module, I dunno. I heard the U4 with the ADEL module, but haven't listened to any of 64Audio's IEMs since. And I haven't listened to the PM4 either, but I'd wager one of the major differences will be bass presentation. Quantity and natural feel might be more of a strong suit of the PM4 while the U4 will have speed and accuracy on its side. All speculation of course
biggrin.gif

Mar 7, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #11,220 of 24,683
Well I'm sure you've seen right off the bat that the U4, like all of 64Audio's products, are only balanced armatures and the PM4 is a hybrid. So that in itself should create differences. How the Apex module affects it compared to the ADEL module, I dunno. I heard the U4 with the ADEL module, but haven't listened to any of 64Audio's IEMs since. And I haven't listened to the PM4 either, but I'd wager one of the major differences will be bass presentation. Quantity and natural feel might be more of a strong suit of the PM4 while the U4 will have speed and accuracy on its side. All speculation of course :D

I'm hoping that with the larger dual BA woofer and the push/pull DD setup the PM6 will have speed and accuracy as well as quantity and natural feel. As well as clarity, speed, and natural feel through the rest of the ranges of course. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back