TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jan 9, 2017 at 6:56 AM Post #10,141 of 24,683
Initialy I wanted to buy Phantom Master 4 because of interchangable cables because they tend to break but at the time I sat down to purchase them they were out of stock and Jake told me to buy new Phantom Master. I've preordered them but got very sceptical about cable solution? Why not detachable cable? What if this new not interchangable cable gets broken? It's expensive(ish) peace of hardware and I want to buy something that would last me years.

connector disconnects, best solution is to have a thread on the connector like ex800 sony bob can't find the supplier or doesn't like the option and prefers ie800 cable, you can always soder new cable though put mmcx etc

Jan 9, 2017 at 7:41 AM Post #10,143 of 24,683
Initialy I wanted to buy Phantom Master 4 because of interchangable cables because they tend to break but at the time I sat down to purchase them they were out of stock and Jake told me to buy new Phantom Master. I've preordered them but got very sceptical about cable solution? Why not detachable cable? What if this new not interchangable cable gets broken? It's expensive(ish) peace of hardware and I want to buy something that would last me years.

You are free to alter / replace the cable below the y joint on the new system and I believe there is going to be a much longer cable warranty for the section above the joint to the iem bodies.

There's another thread with details in the sponsor section with 'What the Future holds' in the title with info.

Jan 9, 2017 at 7:44 AM Post #10,144 of 24,683
Here is the text....

So why the change of cable termination? For two reasons, reliability is one and secondly it will allow us to offer a modular design so we can offer a range of upgrades/sidegrades and our soon to be released dac/amp and wireless adapter. As all cables from the Y Split to the main body will already have a higher grade single crystal ofc silver plated cable inside we will be able to offer various other cable options such as balanced and xlr etc. As we will be bringing new things online over time this will allow the customer to add things as they see fit without having to by whole packages again. For example lets say you have a single driver model and you decide you want to upgrade to a hybrid model, ordinarily you have to buy the whole package again, in this case you won't as for existing customer you will be able to buy just the upgrade section as lower cost than buying the whole package.

Furthermore we will be increasing the warranty to 2 years (Hunter and Master 6 included) on the main unit and offer a 3 year cable warranty.

Jan 9, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #10,145 of 24,683
The description of the new Delta Atlas on the Trinity website is somewhat confusing. The first paragraph says the shell is aluminum and the second paragraph says it is stainless steel. I think stainless steel is correct? Also the picture only shows the back of it and there is no wire shown, only the shell. Would be nice to see some more pictures of the complete unit.

Jan 9, 2017 at 9:55 AM Post #10,146 of 24,683
The description of the new Delta Atlas on the Trinity website is somewhat confusing. The first paragraph says the shell is aluminum and the second paragraph says it is stainless steel. I think stainless steel is correct? Also the picture only shows the back of it and there is no wire shown, only the shell. Would be nice to see some more pictures of the complete unit.

They recently changed the shells from aluminum to steel after QC issues with the PM4. I guess whoever edited the website missed that mistake. All shells will be steel from now on AFAIK.

Jan 9, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #10,147 of 24,683
Same here, there is another brand on eBay, recently launched. Called ISOTunes Audio. https://isotunesaudio.com/ 

I don't know, their marketing stuff is amazing, but there are no reviews. So I am not buying.

Quote:
  trinity has never published NRR that i know of.  as for ANC it's never been mentioned so i would assume no.

Thanks for the suggestion. JAAP looks too big, I am sure they will not fall off because of their design. How do they sound like? I see they are also Indigogo campaign, there might not be any review.

Is there anything else out there for gym goers? Actually, I was buying nice earplugs, so I thought why not buy Bluetooth IEMs. The gym is noisy, people throw weights like they don't care. Earplugs would look awkward in the gym, I think earphones will do the job. I can take calls and listen to music.

http://www.alphandelta.com/
try this out. JAAP.

Jan 9, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #10,148 of 24,683
Anyone with small ears has fitting problems with the pm4? I have very small ear canals and the only somehow comfortable tips are the small foams.. My replacement left earphone should a arrive any day now and i will be able to finally start using them but i'm worried about the long term comfort - any good recommendations for tips?  

side by side with the shure 215 the stem on pm4 is much longer and thicker - the shure are comfortable  for me

Jan 9, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #10,149 of 24,683
I've struggled with the fit and have settled on a combination of spinfits and/or the foam tips. For me the issue (I think) is the length of the filter, it feels like I'm jamming the filter itself into my ear canal with a little bit of the tip surrounding it to prevent ripping the inside of my ears to shreds. It seems to be the only way I can get a seal and hear the full extent of the sound, maybe I'm just doing it wrong?

Jan 10, 2017 at 2:59 AM Post #10,151 of 24,683
Deep insertion is definitely not a necessity for good isolation. I ALWAYS use large tips with shallow insertion and some IEMs excel at it like TFZ Balance 2M and KZ ATR. Depends on the seal, the IEM and your ear anatomy.
Intereting, thanks. I've found few large tips, or even Complys, on over a dozen IEMs gave great isolation. Those that did were fairly deeply inserted.

Any guess on isolation for: Air, Atlas preordered, or the new Master?

Jan 10, 2017 at 4:30 AM Post #10,152 of 24,683
  I am also having fit issues with the Master 4; I've been owning the Hyperion, Delta, Atlas, Sabre, Vyrus and Master 4, and only the latest is giving me fit issues... Will probably try 3rd party tips...

I was having fit issues with the PPM4 and I don't own any other trinity IEMs. Only triple flange tips helped. Can any multiple Trinity IEM owner confirm whether the longer filters from other IEMs acutally fit the PM4?

Jan 10, 2017 at 4:42 AM Post #10,153 of 24,683
I was having fit issues with the PPM4 and I don't own any other trinity IEMs. Only triple flange tips helped. Can any multiple Trinity IEM owner confirm whether the longer filters from other IEMs acutally fit the PM4?

I think I would actually need shorter ones...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back