TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jan 8, 2017 at 2:50 AM Post #10,126 of 24,683
Bass boost (C5), Jeteffects (+9) and Mach3Bass (+8)? I'm guessing your head must look something like this guy when you've got some serious sub-bass going on
wink.gif
:

https://youtu.be/IX2vGytU1vo

If you can EQ in more bass than the 2.5, that's a serious accolade coming from an acclaimed basshead such as yourself. Never tried it, but then again I never dialled my 2.5s much over a 1/4 open, so I think that much punch would probably blow my head clean off my shoulders!

On a serious note, does bumping the bass that much help de-emphasise the sharpness in the low treble that some people (including myself) seem to struggle with?

I thought my receiving these based on bass ability made me go straight for the big bass ski slope curve and the mids and treble stayed put. On the Sony Z5 the treble would need to be cut so it wouldn't rip my head off. The 2.5 hit hard but the treble is already rolled a bit so 100% open vent and amp and eq make the mids missing in action.
  The M-Audio Q-40 were a very lucky set. They never made anything as good so it was luck. I have no knowledge about this company or other gear so they are good or lucky?
These will slam and the whole housing will vibrate in your ear and the mids and treble at that point are superior to Z5 and 2.5 IMO.
The body design and material seem to make the bass hit feel stronger.

Jan 8, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #10,127 of 24,683
The Master will implement a fixed cable design instead of a removable cable, and AFAIK it will not have a mic, but Bob would have to confirm this.

Are you sure? On their website it states that the Master will be sent with 2 cables.

1. All CNC machined shells
  2. Interchangeable faceplate colours (black/blue/red/metal)
  3. Push/Pull out of phase configuration
  4. Dual coil dynamic drivers + dual balanced armatures
  5. Trinity modular fabric cable system
  6. 14 x tuning filters.
  7. 2 Cables (1 X standard 3.5mm and 1 X Balanced 2.5mm)
  8. OFC copper silver plated cables
  9. Huge accessory package inc our standard case, 6.3mm adapter, huge selection of eartips (S/M/M/L silicone, double flange, S/M Memory foam, Spinfit tips XS/S/M/L

Jan 8, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #10,128 of 24,683
Are you sure? On their website it states that the Master will be sent with 2 cables.

[COLOR=9C9898]
  • All CNC machined shells
  • Interchangeable faceplate colours (black/blue/red/metal)
  • Push/Pull out of phase configuration
  • Dual coil dynamic drivers + dual balanced armatures
  • Trinity modular fabric cable system
  • 14 x tuning filters.
  • 2 Cables (1 X standard 3.5mm and 1 X Balanced 2.5mm)
  • OFC copper silver plated cables
  • Huge accessory package inc our standard case, 6.3mm adapter, huge selection of eartips (S/M/M/L silicone, double flange, S/M Memory foam, Spinfit tips XS/S/M/L
[/COLOR]

2.5mm balanced cable? OMG! My Aune M1S is perfect for this.

Jan 8, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #10,129 of 24,683

[COLOR=9C9898]
  • All CNC machined shells
  • Interchangeable faceplate colours (black/blue/red/metal)
  • Push/Pull out of phase configuration
  • Dual coil dynamic drivers + dual balanced armatures
  • Trinity modular fabric cable system
  • 14 x tuning filters.
  • 2 Cables (1 X standard 3.5mm and 1 X Balanced 2.5mm)
  • OFC copper silver plated cables
  • Huge accessory package inc our standard case, 6.3mm adapter, huge selection of eartips (S/M/M/L silicone, double flange, S/M Memory foam, Spinfit tips XS/S/M/L
[/COLOR]

Yep, I'm sure. The cable will be fixed on the IEMs and terminate right after the y split. The two cables supplied will attach after the y split so that you can have different ends.

Jan 8, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #10,130 of 24,683
The Masters will be wired balanced.  The cable is in two sections.  The top half goes from the earpieces to a female y splitter.  The bottom half you can connect a se or balanced cable or the dac/bluetooth module they have in the works.

Jan 8, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #10,131 of 24,683
Is Bob including one of these...

Not expensive and if you want to use your new Atlas Delta on a treadmill with your armband or clip style player on a necklace or clipped to jacket collar they aren't plugging into a female Y. Or even just adapt to other extension cables you may already have like one with a volume control etc.

Jan 8, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #10,134 of 24,683
  Are you talking about Phantom Air? I read that you can take calls using them. I wanted to know the NRR of these and if there will be ANC? Thank you!

http://www.alphandelta.com/
try this out. JAAP.

Jan 8, 2017 at 8:18 PM Post #10,135 of 24,683
  Are you talking about Phantom Air? I read that you can take calls using them. I wanted to know the NRR of these and if there will be ANC? Thank you!

trinity has never published NRR that i know of.  as for ANC it's never been mentioned so i would assume no.

Jan 9, 2017 at 3:51 AM Post #10,136 of 24,683
  Here are my experiences with the PM4 so far.

The BAD:
1. The left side of the memory wire cable is already broken (I can't hear any sound coming from them until I changed the cables) after twisting them a bit to fit my ears.
2. The provided L-plug adapter does not have TRRS so the buttons/mic won't work when using them.
3. For about a week or so, terrible fit gave me terrible sound. This is the first time I thought apple earpods sounded better than a more expensive IEM. They sounded tinny, lacked bass, and gave dreadful isolation. I was about to sell them, but it's a good thing I was patient enough not to do it.

The GOOD:
Best fit will produce wide soundstage, VERY DEEP bass, great detail and instrument separation, and non-fatiguing sound. I do not hear the horrible spike anymore. They sound glorious!
The catch: it is extremely hard to get a good fit, even more so the best fit for your ears. I achieved this by combining wide-bore silicone tips and mandarine foam tips underneath:

Glad to hear that.  
smile.gif

Jan 9, 2017 at 4:49 AM Post #10,137 of 24,683
trinity has never published NRR that i know of.  as for ANC it's never been mentioned so i would assume no.
A related query: noise isolation is very important to me. I've got the KS air coming, and the Atlas Deltas preordered. Will either or both likely block enough noise to enjoy piano solos in a noisy restaurant? Will the new Master do a better job isolating the noise? To me, that's all about deep insertion with a very good seal. If the filters are short then how can you get deep insertion? Heck, the Klipsch X7i does a very good job of isolation.

How would you rank these Trinity IEMs for isolation?
Air
Atlas Delta
New Master

Thanks

Jan 9, 2017 at 6:04 AM Post #10,138 of 24,683
Has anyone seen any PM6 updates? I'm trying to stay on top of both threads but, as they've been in production now for 4 weeks (minus Xmas obviously) - I'm wondering if I've missed something on KickStarter or a blog / youtube somewhere?

Jan 9, 2017 at 6:19 AM Post #10,139 of 24,683
A related query: noise isolation is very important to me. I've got the KS air coming, and the Atlas Deltas preordered. Will either or both likely block enough noise to enjoy piano solos in a noisy restaurant? Will the new Master do a better job isolating the noise? To me, that's all about deep insertion with a very good seal. If the filters are short then how can you get deep insertion? Heck, the Klipsch X7i does a very good job of isolation.

How would you rank these Trinity IEMs for isolation?
Air
Atlas Delta
New Master

Thanks

Deep insertion is definitely not a necessity for good isolation. I ALWAYS use large tips with shallow insertion and some IEMs excel at it like TFZ Balance 2M and KZ ATR. Depends on the seal, the IEM and your ear anatomy.

Jan 9, 2017 at 6:32 AM Post #10,140 of 24,683
Initialy I wanted to buy Phantom Master 4 because of interchangable cables because they tend to break but at the time I sat down to purchase them they were out of stock and Jake told me to buy new Phantom Master. I've preordered them but got very sceptical about cable solution? Why not detachable cable? What if this new not interchangable cable gets broken? It's expensive(ish) peace of hardware and I want to buy something that would last me years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back