TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Dec 6, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #9,436 of 24,683
My initial pm4 review very nice actually with cayin n5

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/tRohj-jO35M[/VIDEO]

Dec 6, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #9,438 of 24,683
Not different length but will be 3mm longer than pm4 filters.

Will it be possible to use those longer filters in the PM4? If so, will they be available for purchase by themselves?

The braided cable without memory wire was one of the best cables (ergonomy wise) that I've used so far. It simply disappears after being worn.

I had ordered the matte black PM4 and haven't had any issues with it so far. The filters had no residue metals. It screws and unscrews perfectly. Same with the canisters to hold the filters. One of the filters had the dampener loose and it is flipped inside the filter. Is it easy to pry it by myself and seat it properly? I don't use that filter though so nothing urgent.

The audio with bluetooth lanyard is also very good, but the range isn't that good. Onkyo dp-x1 streaming with apt-x.

Waiting for the hunter to come. And how goes the silver cables? Are they getting ready to be shipped out?

I really like the braided cable too, although I find it a bit long as there is a lot of excess wire hanging around when I am listening to music with my phone in my pocket. I am also a big fan of the spring strain relief.

My only issues with the PM4 so far are that the filters are a bit short for my taste, and the connector on the left ear piece is and has always been super loose for some reason (the other one is super tight but not too tight and has survived a few un-pluggings)

Dec 6, 2016 at 10:37 PM Post #9,439 of 24,683
  The braided cable without memory wire was one of the best cables (ergonomy wise) that I've used so far. It simply disappears after being worn.

Amen! It's been my go-to since I got my Vyrus in September. It's the least microhphonic, nicest-engineered cable I've used with in earphone thus far.

Incidentally, I have daily driven that pair and just put them in pockets, accidentally dragged them across a busy street, my kids and pets have tried to eat them, I've had the cable catch on objects at work, and I wear them while cycling to and from work, rain or shine. and the only damage to show for it has been some small nicks in the paintwork from the street incident. My perception of Trinity's earphones, then is that they're built very very well indeed. 

I have been a bit nervous reading about the issues with the gunmetal model (which I pre-ordered, but have yet to see turn up. It's not only those in Singapore that are still waiting in this part of the world) but my experience with the Vyrus has bolstered me enough to keep looking forward to when they do turn up. I'll be very interested to try the braided cable I currently daily drive on my Vyrus with my PM4s so I can see what the fit is like and if the sound cuts out. If I find there are QC issues with my PM4 then so be it, I'll email Jake, but I'm definitely sticking around! 

Dec 6, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #9,440 of 24,683
I also love the braided cable. It is great on IEMs. Never even know it is there.

Only Trinity I have is the original Atlas. It has worked fine. Even though there have been a few problems with the Phantom series it wouldn't stop me from buying from Trinity. Bob always makes things right. Even now. There will always be setbacks when blazing new trails. Great companies manage those setbacks and come out even stronger.

Dec 6, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #9,441 of 24,683
Quite off topic...
As I came to receive S, M and L Kombi tips from the Kickstarter campaign, and that only M fit me, I am happy to give for free the S and L sizes (5 pairs of each). All I ask for is that who is interested pays for shipping.
I am located in Belgium, and for my own convenience I will go for standard shipping, no registered shipping, no tracking.
First arrived, first served.
Cheers

Hi, I've sent a pm 6 hours ago, still available? :)

Dec 6, 2016 at 11:55 PM Post #9,442 of 24,683
They will have those revisions in the future, but all pre orders will get the standard recessed 2 pin.

Hi bob, I hope this includes the KS backers? This is great news if it does. Not a fan of the y-split cable design, but I understand you original intentions!

Has there been any announcements on the shells for the PM6? Especially the internals.

Cheers.
beerchug.gif

Dec 7, 2016 at 12:09 AM Post #9,443 of 24,683
Off topic again:
The first person I received a message/post from got the L size; the other members who got in touch with me are (in order):
1. @wolfjeanne 
2. @yoowan 
3. @cazone 
4. @Silver Snail 
The only size I have left is S. I think it is fair to suggest that the first person in this list to be intersted in the S-size Kombi tips get them.
Cheers

Dec 7, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #9,444 of 24,683
Finally got mine. Beautiful iem btw.

They freaking work that's for sure, there's one detail (SMALL DETAIL) that needs to be addressed - undampened silver doesn't bite into the housing so I surely going to have Bob and co send me spare silver tuners to address that.

To early to complain or praise anything. Looking for balanced with good bass presence and body. Let's see if this is an actual bang for buck giant killer!

Dec 7, 2016 at 2:07 AM Post #9,445 of 24,683
Hey folks,im a fairly newbish audiophile,abd I'm shopping around for my first higher end Iem (the most expensive I've gotten is the 1more triple). I'm looking at getting the indie gogo bundle for the phantom 6 and ai, as well as the Hunter eventually. Would anyone be willing to explain the new changes to me? I've read thru them but still don't know what exactly they mean for the product.

Dec 7, 2016 at 2:27 AM Post #9,446 of 24,683
Hey folks,im a fairly newbish audiophile,abd I'm shopping around for my first higher end Iem (the most expensive I've gotten is the 1more triple). I'm looking at getting the indie gogo bundle for the phantom 6 and ai, as well as the Hunter eventually. Would anyone be willing to explain the new changes to me? I've read thru them but still don't know what exactly they mean for the product.

Basically all that is important right now is the PM6 and hunter from pre-orders will use a standard 0.78mm 2-pin.   Later on they will use a hard wired cable down to the Y-split at which point you can connect either a balanced or normal cable extension similar to the Vsonic GR-07X.  This allows you to connect directly to the new Bluetooth DAC thing that Bob is working on instead of a cable extension avoiding a bunch of excess wiring.  

Dec 7, 2016 at 3:17 AM Post #9,447 of 24,683
After reading through all of the updates over the last few days I think I'm following the changes to future iterations of each set of IEM's. The only question that I haven't been able to figure out is whether or not the new Y-split design will have a mic option? 

Was the mic question answered somewhere and I missed it? 

Dec 7, 2016 at 3:44 AM Post #9,448 of 24,683
Whew, when I started reading the last few pages just now it was quite a scare.

I'm glad that the PM6/Hunter pre-orders are now standard 2-pin, and not moving to the Y splitter.

That said, Bob, now that you're hiring different contractors and using a different connection, I don't understand why the plan still seems to be moving to terminating below the Y split in the future. Wouldn't it make sense to see how the PM6 and Hunter fare in the wild before committing to that? Everything else being equal a fully replaceable cable has advantages in terms of memory/standard wire, mic placement, upgrade-ability (and consistency across the entire cable), replace-ability, etc. etc. Not to mention the fully replaceable cable is undeniably more popular for consumers. It seems like jumping the gun to be planning so far ahead when, for all we know, the issues will be fixed with the pre-order PM6/Hunters. I also think that the myriad advantages that fully replaceable cables offer needs to counterbalance some of their issues, albeit maybe not to the extent that recent Trinity IEMs have had issues with the setup.

For me, the big advantage that the Y-split has is the ease of changing to various other cable output types. Eg. lightning w/DAC, balanced, Bluetooth, etc. But you could still terminate a fully replaceable cable at the Y split and separate it into two parts if you wanted to. Best of both worlds. 

Dec 7, 2016 at 3:58 AM Post #9,449 of 24,683
Basically all that is important right now is the PM6 and hunter from pre-orders will use a standard 0.78mm 2-pin.   Later on they will use a hard wired cable down to the Y-split at which point you can connect either a balanced or normal cable extension similar to the Vsonic GR-07X.  This allows you to connect directly to the new Bluetooth DAC thing that Bob is working on instead of a cable extension avoiding a bunch of excess wiring.  
Ah okay,so it basically boils down to if I'd want the standard 2 pin or the y split one. Is there any cut off date that has been mentioned? Or is the y split only for those after the preorder batch. Time to do some research on the pros and cons of the two wirings.

Dec 7, 2016 at 4:36 AM Post #9,450 of 24,683
Ah okay,so it basically boils down to if I'd want the standard 2 pin or the y split one. Is there any cut off date that has been mentioned? Or is the y split only for those after the preorder batch. Time to do some research on the pros and cons of the two wirings.

Bob only said pre-orders will use the 2 pin so i guess the cutoff will be when pre-order ends.  We still have't had a solid update on production yet so we can assume that is still a while off.  Personally I don't know anyone that would prefer a Y-split connector over a detachable cable, but there may be some people out there that do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back