TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Dec 6, 2016 at 4:54 AM Post #9,347 of 24,683
So even the bass enhanced filter didnt satisy you?.....

I've got the silver undampened in and it's got great punch, but it's lacking in sustain. By that I mean if there was a kick drum or a heavy attack, you can almost feel the air moving. That's awesome. But if I'm listening to bass heavy music, with a sustained melody in the bass line, it doesn't come to the front, it's lost in the mix. Some added richness or warmth may be all that's needed to even it out, thus the question.

I've got a dac/amp on the way to me so I can try some other sources. Maybe it's just a bad pairing between the LG v20 and pm4.

Dec 6, 2016 at 4:55 AM Post #9,348 of 24,683
This is reassuring news. I think. I hope so anyway since I have grown to despise the current cable connection design with all the issues I have had with them on the Vyrus and PM4. I look forward to further details but have all fingers crossed. Trinity have listened and are trying to get things right which is reassuring. They actually give af which is not something one can necessarily expect or take for granted when it comes to these things, sadly. I don't feel quite so anxious about my PM6, Atlas Delta [and Air, even though it is not applicable here] pre-orders now
smile.gif

However @http://www.head-fi.org/u/423244/Bobtrinity I do have a question, please. I am yet to e-mail you about my raft of issues in respect of the PM4. I am glad that I have held off as this update has saved me a lot of ranting typing 
tongue.gif
. So would you like me to e-mail you now regarding these issues or wait until you have worked out the details of the changes and sent out an e-mail to us?

Dec 6, 2016 at 5:16 AM Post #9,349 of 24,683
Wow..you don't read this thread for a couple of days and a ton of new things are 'announced'
biggrin.gif

Love the new things that are en route, very interesting. You have to fall flat on your face a couple of times to get good at something in the end, right? Will put the PM4 on hold (only now realised the issues were mainly due to the gunmetal shell and that's the color I want) and wait for the new stuff to arrive. Patience is a virtue. Not worried about the y-split cable thing & really curious about the dac/amp/bluetooth thing as well, wow! It's kinda like Christmas already with all the news!

Dec 6, 2016 at 5:32 AM Post #9,350 of 24,683
Wow! You go away for a few days & look what happens!

So... as an owner of the gunmetal PM4's how do I tell if they are likely to fail? My first pair of Trinity iem's - thought the fiddly cable connection was just down to me being unfamiliar/dumb. So will Bob be emailing me in due course in regards to an exchange/upgrade?

Thanks

Dec 6, 2016 at 6:14 AM Post #9,351 of 24,683
Wow! You go away for a few days & look what happens!

So... as an owner of the gunmetal PM4's how do I tell if they are likely to fail? My first pair of Trinity iem's - thought the fiddly cable connection was just down to me being unfamiliar/dumb. So will Bob be emailing me in due course in regards to an exchange/upgrade?

Thanks

They were not all faulty. Just remove and reattach the cable a couple of times and the cable should fit perfectly. If yours are fine then just enjoy the music. Why would you want to replace a pair of perfectly good IEMs?

Dec 6, 2016 at 6:42 AM Post #9,352 of 24,683
Well I've got to handle it to Trinity though. Jake already got back to me and they're sending out a replacement earpiece so no compalints about their customer service from me 
gs1000.gif

Dec 6, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #9,356 of 24,683
Is my understanding right? The people who have already bought and have the pm4 will also be offered an upgrade deal for £x amount in return of their PM4?

They have offered a similar trade in before, so wouldn't surprise me if the new arrangement looks a little similar to what they have done before.

On a private note, been bombed with PMs over the last 24hrs but will get back to your PMs separately once I have a chance to read everything! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back