TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Dec 1, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #9,062 of 24,683
I too overlooked the guide that's inside the connector and had issues getting them together. After noticing, the cables were connected in a sec, without the need for high force. Please check the direction of the headphone and cable and it will be a simple process.

The supplied instructions are the weakest part of the headphones, imho. It's not a problem for us members, we can find info and help on this forum. But for the rest, I think they would welcome details on connecting the cable and a better description of the supplied filters (PM4 is not mentioned in the list).

I'm glad someone else mentioned a bit muddy bass, I was wondering if I was the only one. I tried all the filters, and got the best results for me with the gold damped ones. Love the mids and highs though, truly exceptional.

Thank you Bob and your team.

Dec 1, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #9,063 of 24,683

@Bobtrinity beware of the Inquisition, you wizard. Don't know what bloody sacrifices you made, but we want you to make more stuff like pm4.

More things up my sleeve and working on a collaborative project now that will be ooo soooo good

Which model is that one,???  
Please give us some impressions ,  thanks . 

Dec 1, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #9,064 of 24,683
  Which model is that one,???  
Please give us some impressions ,  thanks . 

Here's my impression------>
basshead.gif

Dec 1, 2016 at 8:52 AM Post #9,065 of 24,683
More things up my sleeve and working on a collaborative project now that will be ooo soooo good

Wow! A portable micro heart resuscitation device?!
Not content with blazing a trail in audiophile technology, Trinity are now planning to take the medical world by storm too!
tongue_smile.gif

In all seriousness, they look stunning. Absolutely amazeballs stunning
biggrin.gif

Dec 1, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #9,066 of 24,683
Wow! A portable micro heart resuscitation device?!
Not content with blazing a trail in audiophile technology, Trinity are now planning to take the medical world by storm too! :tongue_smile:

In all seriousness, they look stunning. Absolutely amazeballs stunning :D

Haha...it's a project I was asked to work on.

Here is a little more info

Dec 1, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #9,067 of 24,683
So, I have very mixed feelings about the PM4. I appreciate the clarity, I like the separation, but I do not feel they are performing at the level I expected. I feel like sub-bass is lacking and bass does not sound as pristine as I want it to.

I do not feel the music as much as I did with my Dunu DN-1000. What are other opinions on this IEM vs the DN-1000? Or similar class IEMs?

Dec 1, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #9,068 of 24,683
Another issue i´ve encountered so far. and more impressions

Im disapointed with the isolation but im well aware that anything that has dynamic drivers requires airflow and will therefore reduce isolation, i also should test it with comply instead of the spinfits.

but what worried me the most so far is that i´ve noticed that the connector issue is a symptom of a much deeper problem, theres a QC issue here, i can see that the right pod is significatly better built then the left pod. the two sides of the cnc machined pod are better fitted on the right pod and im expiriancing an issue which im not sure if its RMA worthy or just something i can decide to live with but sometimes when i put them on theres no sound on the left pod until i take out the connector and connect it again, i suspect it has do to with the left pod not being as well fitted as the right pod when it comes to putting both sides togather, usualy pushing in the connector a bit solves the issue and it dosnt repeat until i roll them up and put them in a case or my coat pocket, It dosnt always happen and it seems more a product of the cable not being fitted correctly the first time, but both pods show clear differences on how both sides are put togather.

Dec 1, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #9,072 of 24,683
Always had the impression it was required for a more open and airey sound and better presentation,

the PM4 has a pinhole on the top back external half, havent experimented with sealing it yet.

Dec 1, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #9,073 of 24,683
@Aevumhave have you tried combi/sony hybrid tips? They provide much better isolation, than spinfits do.
@olivierhacking they are also increase amount of bass, have you tried 'em? What dap are you using for pm4? I've noticed that lack of power leads to lack of bass in pm4.
I like isolation with combi, but they provide too much bass for my liking (with gunmetal filters), so I ok with spinfits for now.

Dec 1, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #9,074 of 24,683
  Another issue i´ve encountered so far. and more impressions

Im disapointed with the isolation but im well aware that anything that has dynamic drivers requires airflow and will therefore reduce isolation, i also should test it with comply instead of the spinfits.

but what worried me the most so far is that i´ve noticed that the connector issue is a symptom of a much deeper problem, theres a QC issue here, i can see that the right pod is significatly better built then the left pod. the two sides of the cnc machined pod are better fitted on the right pod and im expiriancing an issue which im not sure if its RMA worthy or just something i can decide to live with but sometimes when i put them on theres no sound on the left pod until i take out the connector and connect it again, i suspect it has do to with the left pod not being as well fitted as the right pod when it comes to putting both sides togather, usualy pushing in the connector a bit solves the issue and it dosnt repeat until i roll them up and put them in a case or my coat pocket, It dosnt always happen and it seems more a product of the cable not being fitted correctly the first time, but both pods show clear differences on how both sides are put togather.

This is troubling, as I have the Hunter on pre-order.

A friend of mine got the Atlas after I recommended them, only to have an earpiece randomly fall apart, and THEN had cable connection issues. Poor guy... has had to do two warranty claims already and I think he mentioned communication being incredibly slow. I hope things improve before my Hunters ship.

Dec 1, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #9,075 of 24,683
One of the reasons i dont want to RMA them if its a minor issue is that not sure what shipping method Trinity is using, but i´ve had things shipped from china faster then these headphones shipped from the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back