TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Dec 1, 2016 at 2:48 AM Post #9,046 of 24,683

Aria has good lows and highs and the vocals are fine too. It is very fun and musical. PM4 is fun and musical and all frequencies are equally represented (with gold undamped and slightly less so with gunmetal). PM4 costs 1/4th of the cost of Aria and still holds its own. Plus the wide variety of filters to tune the sound signature is a big plus. 

The bluetooth lanyard, optional purchase from Trinity website makes this an excellent bluetooth earphone. To sum it up, we get a top notch product with PM4 that has excellent build, excellent finish and sounds like an IEM that's 6-7 times its price. All those filters, bluetooth option and more importantly the excellent and prompt customer care/service makes PM4 the winner in my books.

I own both Aria and PM4. The clarity and details on PM4 is amazing. 

I really wish I could open these back up again and test them against the RHA C1 Ceramics I have on loan. Great that they compete with the Aria. Amazing that they can be compared given the price difference

Dec 1, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #9,048 of 24,683
  Got my PM4 in Italy yesterday.
Very impressed with the sound and build quality.
Also very easy to drive.

Definitely a great value even at full price.

Me too :wink:
With the spinfit inside.
I had some problems with that damned connectors
mad.gif
, but nothing serious.
I love the spacious sound, the clarity, and the quality and quantity of bass (gunmetal filters).

Dec 1, 2016 at 5:38 AM Post #9,049 of 24,683
  Anyone else notice how sensitive the PM4's are to different sources (in a positive manner)?  They sound very different from my laptop (msi sabre dac), to my lg v20, meridian explorer, oppo ha2, and sb e5. 

Yeah I've got the same feeling. Lower output impedance/a good DAC makes them sound a lot better. There was a bit of a discussion on amps improving the sound on this thread a while back; I don't own any so I can't test it, but this may also play a role.

Dec 1, 2016 at 6:24 AM Post #9,053 of 24,683
I really wish I could open these back up again and test them against the RHA C1 Ceramics I have on loan. Great that they compete with the Aria. Amazing that they can be compared given the price difference

I second that. Just sold my Arias as part of the never ending quest for sonic bliss, but the PM4 are definitely pretty close in terms of accomplishment. In fact, when not using the bassier filters, they actually remind me more of the Vibro Maya in terms of resolution and clarity. Just hoping I can learn to live with (or tune down) the treble over time.

Dec 1, 2016 at 6:57 AM Post #9,055 of 24,683
Just got them today...

i have to say,

First impression... took 20 minutes to get the cables on them, the connectors are horrible, untill i actually plugged them to my audiofire i didntknow if they were even the right way around (i mean polarity, not channel wise)

First listen, havent even checked what tube is installed, very fun, very lively, very full sound, bass needs breaking in (Slightly bloated), these are trully fun and fun, they arent for clinical listening or critical analisys, these are for walking down the street with a wide grin on your face becuase of what you´re listening to.

Dec 1, 2016 at 7:14 AM Post #9,056 of 24,683
Plugs are definitely a bad design. It took me a while to get one plugged and when changing a cable comes to my mind, the same moment I'm giving up, remembering how difficult it is to plug it again. @Bobtrinity it would be great if your TOTL earphones have some other connectors design. Simple UE type maybe?

Dec 1, 2016 at 7:20 AM Post #9,057 of 24,683
Plugs are definitely a bad design. It took me a while to get one plugged and when changing a cable comes to my mind, the same moment I'm giving up, remembering how difficult it is to plug it again. @Bobtrinity it would be great if your TOTL earphones have some other connectors design. Simple UE type maybe?

No problem with the connectors here. When aligned properly they fitted easily.

You have to push them quite hard but I like that - it means that the cable won't disconnect accidentally.

Dec 1, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #9,058 of 24,683
Really curious as to how the silver cable will affect the sound filters, could possibly settle on gunmetal but havent heard the purple filters at all yet or any of the dampened filters. How do people feel the purple filter performs vs the gunmetal on the pm4?

Dec 1, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #9,059 of 24,683

Agree
frown.gif

Dec 1, 2016 at 7:46 AM Post #9,060 of 24,683

Agree
frown.gif

I've had zero problems plugging in any of the 3 cables. I just made sure it was lined up correctly with the little tab inside and they inserted perfectly. They were snug of course but that is exactly what I want them to be, so they don't come out on their own. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back