TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Nov 17, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #7,922 of 24,683
I haven't either and am listening to them right now. I didn't ever get one for the Vyrus order either and have put hundreds of hours use into those. We have been assured by Bob that all pre-orders are on the way so I'm afraid all you can do is twiddle your thumbs while you wait, sorry. Hope they arrive soon!

Nov 17, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #7,924 of 24,683
No PM4 today
frown.gif
hopefully tomorrow...

Yeah pretty sure no one in the States has gotten theirs yet.  Me included.  Sad.  LOL.

Nov 17, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #7,928 of 24,683
Not much has been said about the soundstage, imaging, etc of the pm4. Is it expansive, intimate? Is it easy to "see" where elements are positioned? Hows the layering?

Check here and here.

Nov 18, 2016 at 4:50 AM Post #7,932 of 24,683
Hello folks, just to make it clear, this is only a preliminary opinion from my PM4's out of the box!
Received them yesterday and as usual the presentation is excellent, my only criticism is that the lid needs a small magnet. After getting them out of the box, "feel a bit heavy and cumbersome" and as usual, fiddly to get the cables attached but this is all a comment not a negative, first opinions! The box is so fully laden with accessories, three cables, lots of ear buds and numerous filters, a very time consuming and enjoyable pastime will be had experimenting. Though they seem heavy and cumbersome, they fit nicely into the ear, you just need to orientate them to be comfortable and get the cable sorted, I tried them just as they came, gunmetal filters and added the foam buds, sound, meh! Ok but not stunning! Bass sounds a bit flabby and there is nothing that makes you think, oh wow! So I left them running for a few hours, came back and changed to the gold undamped filters with a rubber bud, what a difference, on one of the Camel tracks, I have played this so often, I thought I knew it so well, what I thought was a stick hitting the edge of the drum turns out to be someone snapping their fingers... These headphones don't grab you by the ears and shout "LOOK AT ME I MAKE THINGS SOUNDS FABULOUS" they just get on with quietly playing the music with clarity and detail, every instrument and person seems to have their own space and are treated individually, voices seem to have had elocution lesson and seem to pronounce words with clarity and the sound stage isn't particularly tall or deep but it seems to wrap around your head and down the back of your neck! This will be my last listen for a week or two now as my ear wax problem has returned on using these, so it's back to the HF200's for a while until this settles down. A note on the bass, these headphones seem able to go really low, they can tickle the insides of my ears but to me there is a section missing, not sure how or why but the Vyrus seems to be the same to me, maybe I am just used to IEM's that bloat the bass but all-in-all so far I am a very happy bunny! Well done Bob and team, keep it coming pal.
gs1000.gif

Good grief, what are the PM6's going to sound like, if the PM4's sound this good, I will need new ears!
FYI; Shanling M2 with OPPO HA2 amplifier being used.

Nov 18, 2016 at 5:17 AM Post #7,934 of 24,683
Argh! I could not resist and folded and bought a PM4 yesterday... 

So now all I have to do is listen to my Delta V-II while waiting for the PM4 to arrive. 

Then listen to the PM4 while waiting for the PM6 and Hunter... 

I don't think there's a better way to pass the time whilst waiting! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back