TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Nov 14, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #7,606 of 24,683
  Long time lurker of this thread, got myself a PM6 preorder in June. Can't wait to get it in Dec/Jan so i pulled the trigger on the limited edition gunmetal Hyperion with a 10 pounds discount code to give myself some therapy.

Got it on Tuesday and my first impression is:
Holy $h*t!!! How can a $32 in ear monitor sound so good? Such airiness in its sound and feel very well tune listening to it with my Cowon Plenue D. Heck, I don't know how can they even make profit for selling these with all the accessories for $32. If a $30 earphone sound this good, then i wonder what the $450 PM6 is capable of.

Eagerly waiting for my PM6 (joining the hype train). Waiting for PM4 impression too.

The Techne uses the same drivers as the Hyperion but adds tuning filters.  They have been my go to IEMs for a year.  Liked 'em so much I just got a "back up" pair during the current sale which also honors the HeadFi discount.  Can't beat 'em! 

I also preordered the PM4 back in June and expect delivery in a week or two.

Nov 14, 2016 at 12:08 AM Post #7,607 of 24,683
@Indigo Bob yeah, they are indeed very small and comfortable in the ear. Very light too, to the point that I forgot I am having them in my ear, plus the good soundstage makes me think that I am actually in a concert riding the subway to my school.

And both of the earpieces snap together magnetically. I don't think they are designed to do that, but it must be the magnet inside the driver, another plus for portability I guess. 
etysmile.gif

Nov 14, 2016 at 2:10 AM Post #7,609 of 24,683
  @Indigo Bob yeah, they are indeed very small and comfortable in the ear. Very light too, to the point that I forgot I am having them in my ear, plus the good soundstage makes me think that I am actually in a concert riding the subway to my school.

And both of the earpieces snap together magnetically. I don't think they are designed to do that, but it must be the magnet inside the driver, another plus for portability I guess. 
etysmile.gif

I don't think the magnetizing thing is a feature either, but I did get a kick out of discovering it was a thing haha. I may get another Hyperion just because it's now available in gunmetal
tongue.gif

Nov 14, 2016 at 6:06 AM Post #7,610 of 24,683
  I don't think the magnetizing thing is a feature either, but I did get a kick out of discovering it was a thing haha. I may get another Hyperion just because it's now available in gunmetal
tongue.gif

Do it! Just to say the sound has been tweaked a little, minor improvements but not just a colour change.

Also wanted to share some exciting news a review tour for the Master 4 will be up shortly I will include a link to the thread. To apply and be selected please just follow the instructions given. 

Nov 14, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #7,613 of 24,683

The Techne uses the same drivers as the Hyperion but adds tuning filters.  They have been my go to IEMs for a year.  Liked 'em so much I just got a "back up" pair during the current sale which also honors the HeadFi discount.  Can't beat 'em! 

I confess to having been very influenced by your previous comments about these and went down the same track. Couldn't keep waiting for PM4 without hearing something of an entry to Trinity house sig sound... :D

And got an extra pair to gift for Christmas ... eheh

Technes arrived today, roughly two weeks after I ordered I think.
Will first listen to them as soon as I catch a break here at the office :wink:

Nov 14, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #7,614 of 24,683

I confess to having been very influenced by your previous comments about these and went down the same track. Couldn't keep waiting for PM4 without hearing something of an entry to Trinity house sig sound... :D

And got an extra pair to gift for Christmas ... eheh

Technes arrived today, roughly two weeks after I ordered I think.
Will first listen to them as soon as I catch a break here at the office :wink:

Trust you find them as pleasing as Podster and I do.  We both have been vocal advocates of these IEMs.

Nov 14, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #7,615 of 24,683
Got the techne today to tie me over until the pm6 arrives.

I am so proud of myself, I actually managed to loose one red filter and tip before even trying the once, too bad, I think that would have been the filter for me :wink:

Nov 14, 2016 at 7:40 PM Post #7,617 of 24,683
Hows the pm4 and pm6 progress? I have lost touch with Trinity Audio for quite some time but eagerly looking forward to them despite the long wait as I understand Bob and the team are trying their best

Nov 14, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #7,618 of 24,683
  Got the techne today to tie me over until the pm6 arrives.

I am so proud of myself, I actually managed to loose one red filter and tip before even trying the once, too bad, I think that would have been the filter for me :wink:

If you still haven't found it in a few days contact Trinity and as Bob is wont to say they'll "sort you out."

Nov 14, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #7,619 of 24,683
Hows the pm4 and pm6 progress? I have lost touch with Trinity Audio for quite some time but eagerly looking forward to them despite the long wait as I understand Bob and the team are trying their best

Yah, where have you been? lol

They should be in this or next week.  BOB sent the US shipments overseas a bit ago, but we haven't heard if they arrived to the US trinity location in... what was it... Alabama?  So any week now is the best we can say...  Hopefully BOB chimes in with some good news soon.

Nov 14, 2016 at 7:50 PM Post #7,620 of 24,683

If I'm not mistaken the PM4 should be shipping to customers shortly both in the US from the Alabama distribution site and from the UK to other regions.  And the PM6 had a minor delay due to a hiccup with the drivers supplier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back