TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Sep 2, 2016 at 4:29 AM Post #5,641 of 24,683
  I've pre-ordered the PM4 a while ago, but since the design change I am not so sure about them any more.
Usually I tend to steer clear from over-ear iems.
It seems like a fiddle every time you are putting them in your ear. I have tried some memory wire iems and did not like the struggle at all.
I hope Brooko etc get their review sample soon so they can shine a light on fit and comfort.

I'm the complete opposite. I can't go back to non-over ear iems anymore because they tend to fall out and are microphonic. The Shure series iems are kind of a struggle to put on because of the bulky memory wire. RHA T20i also wasn't my favourite (also had memory wire). The Atlas on the other hand doesn't have memory wire so it's extremely easy to put on and take off. The cable just rests over your ear and it gives me a really good fit. Doesn't fall out either

Sep 2, 2016 at 6:48 AM Post #5,642 of 24,683
Just to restate my question as it was snowed over, and not answered before (it's for Bob): which parts of the freq. range are covered by the two single BA's in each PM4 bud?

I'm aware that the signature can be tweaked with different filters, but I'm not looking for a padded / woolier / bigger-but-less articulated bass :). I'm curious if any of the BA's touch the bass freqs too, or if the low end of the sound is strictly handled by the push/pull dynamic drivers (which I imagine in that case would share many similarities with other already out Trinity IEM's with the same titanium twin push pull drivers, correct? Or could they still be tuned into completely different animals even if they share the same guts? )

Sep 2, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #5,643 of 24,683

I've pre-ordered the PM4 a while ago, but since the design change I am not so sure about them any more.
  Usually I tend to steer clear from over-ear iems.
  It seems like a fiddle every time you are putting them in your ear. I have tried some memory wire iems and did not like the struggle at all.
  I hope Brooko etc get their review sample soon so they can shine a light on fit and comfort.

Can the PM4s only be worn over the ear?

From the look of them they might be similar to the Atlas: Ideally worn over the ear but they work worn down for me as well.

Sep 2, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #5,644 of 24,683
Just to restate my question as it was snowed over, and not answered before (it's for Bob): which parts of the freq. range are covered by the two single BA's in each PM4 bud?

I'm aware that the signature can be tweaked with different filters, but I'm not looking for a padded / woolier / bigger-but-less articulated bass :). I'm curious if any of the BA's touch the bass freqs too, or if the low end of the sound is strictly handled by the push/pull dynamic drivers (which I imagine in that case would share many similarities with other already out Trinity IEM's with the same titanium twin push pull drivers, correct? Or could they still be tuned into completely different animals even if they share the same guts? )

+1

I would like to know this as well.

And secretly hoping that they gonna have an awesome bass.

Sep 2, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #5,645 of 24,683

About PM6 - http://www.head-fi.org/t/796729/trinity-phantom-series-new-thread-worlds-first-push-pull-hybrid-iem/5415#post_12815057

Sep 2, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #5,646 of 24,683

I can't wear anything hanging down anymore either.  I can't stand to hear that cable noise anymore since wearing over ears removes it.  If they can only be worn ear-down, i won't consider them.

Sep 2, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #5,648 of 24,683
I can't wear anything hanging down anymore either.  I can't stand to hear that cable noise anymore since wearing over ears removes it.  If they can only be worn ear-down, i won't consider them.

Exactly my experience.  Over ear, or nothing!
Shall we call that the Indigo way?

"I wear my IEM the Indigo Way".  "Go indigo or go home."

Sep 2, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #5,649 of 24,683
  Exactly my experience.  Over ear, or nothing!
Shall we call that the Indigo way?

"I wear my IEM the Indigo Way".  "Go indigo or go home."

Absolutely:

Turning it upside down to the right side up =  The Indigo Way 
cool.gif

Sep 2, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #5,650 of 24,683
Any CKR9 / CKR10 users on this train? The push/pull dynamics in those were supposed to help deliver a superior bass and those iems sure has amazing bass. They don't have lots of bass (not basshead tuned at all) but the bass is so fast and well rendered it takes a while to get used to. Kinda like when you get punched it can take a few moments for you to catch up with what has happened! :wink:

Where those 'phones fall down for me (I have the CKR9) is that they aren't super clear or 3D in presentation. Kinda blurry. Im wondering if the addition of BA's in the Phantoms could address this issue while delivering the same strengths as the CKR's because they are great strengths, no mistake.

Sep 2, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #5,651 of 24,683
I've currently got the CKR10 and the Sabre - wrote up a brief comparison of the two on my review in the Head Gear section. I preferred the Sabre overall - both do have good bass though, so if the Masters can imorove on the high end detail, it should pull clear of the CKR10 quite comfortably for me. Not heard the 9 though.

Sep 3, 2016 at 2:41 AM Post #5,652 of 24,683
My neurotic self just checked and my order was fulfilled! I hope my PM4 comes soon :grinning:! By which service does Trinity send their products? :)

Sep 3, 2016 at 2:55 AM Post #5,653 of 24,683
My neurotic self just checked and my order was fulfilled! I hope my PM4 comes soon :grinning:! By which service does Trinity send their products? :)

I'm sorry to ruin you're weekend but iirc orders from Trinity get the status fulfilled when they've received your payment :wink:

My orders has had the status fulfilled for a couple of months now lol

Sep 3, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #5,655 of 24,683
  At least in the US Trinity was shipping through DHL, but they may change that because of abysmal shipping/handling on the Sabres. They also use postal service (at least for their eartips).

I believe they did USPS in the US as well? Not totally sure, but it would make sense. I recall Bob saying sometime before that his guy distributing over here is in Alabama I think. My Trinity Audio + DHL experience, similar to other people, was not great since over the course of the international trip for the original run, it seemed DHL played football (not soccer, which is what the US incorrectly names the sport) with the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back