TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Sep 1, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #5,627 of 24,683
  Hey guys,

I've been browsing through this thread for quite a while, but can't recall finding the following info about the PM4 (on here or on the Trinity page) : does anyone know which registers are covered by the two single BA's ? I ask because I read recently that the Sonion BA's in the PM6 basically cover the entire spectrum (I didn't see freq's but from description it said low & low mids, mids and highs).

I'm just curious if the ones in the PM4 add only to the twin push/pull dynamic drivers in the middle and higher freq's, or if there's also any (sub)bass enhancement going on? That's what I'm hoping for, even though I kind of doubt it :). I'd love a well articulated, fast and extended low-end.. 

Someone else asked if the PM4 would use the same Sonion drivers and Bob said:
Quote:
No they use same drivers as Delta v-ii

Judging by the Trinity house-sound and the tuning filters it should definetly be possible to have a rather bassy sound with some of the filters. Maybe not so much sub-bass enhanced as mid-bass enhanced though but all that is speculation at this point; I have no idea what the dynamics in this one will bring to the table.

Sep 1, 2016 at 7:45 PM Post #5,628 of 24,683
I mentioned there was an error in the manual.  There was not.  I cannot read.  So, disregard.

Also, can someone tell me how you get the dampeners off on the Vyrus nozzles?  I assume its the black o-ring looking rubber attached to the nozzle.  I feel like an idiot unless i am missing something.  I have two tubes and i figured one would have the rings and the others would not.  Not the case.

Sep 1, 2016 at 8:36 PM Post #5,629 of 24,683
  I mentioned there was an error in the manual.  There was not.  I cannot read.  So, disregard.

Also, can someone tell me how you get the dampeners off on the Vyrus nozzles?  I assume its the black o-ring looking rubber attached to the nozzle.  I feel like an idiot unless i am missing something.  I have two tubes and i figured one would have the rings and the others would not.  Not the case.

No, the dampeners are not the black o-rings.  They are the off-white layer at the bottom that is the clear distinction between the dampened and undampened.

Maybe i am mistaken by what you are trying to do or describe.  

You can take that off, but it doesn't go back on easily.

Are you trying to remove it on the gunmetal filter which is the only filter that has no undampened option?

Sep 1, 2016 at 8:56 PM Post #5,630 of 24,683

No, the dampeners are not the black o-rings.  They are the off-white layer at the bottom that is the clear distinction between the dampened and undampened.

Maybe i am mistaken by what you are trying to do or describe.  

You can take that off, but it doesn't go back on easily.

Are you trying to remove it on the gunmetal filter which is the only filter that has no undampened option?

Hi.  Thanks for the response.  You got it.  I can see its impossible to remove those black rings.  Thought they might be dampeners.  I would like to try some of the filters without the dampeners.  I havent done anything, yet.  And now on further inspection i see exactly what you are talking about.  Thank you.

Sep 1, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #5,631 of 24,683
I've pre-ordered the PM4 a while ago, but since the design change I am not so sure about them any more.
Usually I tend to steer clear from over-ear iems.
It seems like a fiddle every time you are putting them in your ear. I have tried some memory wire iems and did not like the struggle at all.
I hope Brooko etc get their review sample soon so they can shine a light on fit and comfort.

Sep 1, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #5,632 of 24,683

Hi.  Thanks for the response.  You got it.  I can see its impossible to remove those black rings.  Thought they might be dampeners.  I would like to try some of the filters without the dampeners.  I havent done anything, yet.  And now on further inspection i see exactly what you are talking about.  Thank you.

If you take off the bottom off-white paper thingy it will sound exactly the same as the ones with out it.  the dampened changes treble and bass while the undampened only change bass.  In fact you can see in the tube a little patch that modifies the bass.

I actually did take off the dampener of the gunmetals.  Theoretically it worked perfectly in my mind since i wanted a bassier sparkle, but i didn't like it.  Luckily the adhesive remained sticky and i could put them back on.  I don't recommend it, but do what you want.  I think the gunmetals are the best filters for the vyrus.  The bass isn't clean enough for me to stay on the "fun silvers" for too long and the vyrus can't handle the detail of the upper frequencies delicately enough for me to enjoy them like i could the delta VII's.  I listen to a lot of music with electronic layering and the detail can't be resolved well enough by the vyruses to enjoy the trebly filters.   

But it's still a great piece of machinery.  Most comfortable IEM's i've warn, but still just a tad vivid for my tastes.  I like the balanced armatures a lot which is why i went for the pm6 so it could handle that detail with more finesse, hopefully.  But i trust that will be so.

Sep 1, 2016 at 11:56 PM Post #5,634 of 24,683

If you take off the bottom off-white paper thingy it will sound exactly the same as the ones with out it.  the dampened changes treble and bass while the undampened only change bass.  In fact you can see in the tube a little patch that modifies the bass.

I actually did take off the dampener of the gunmetals.  Theoretically it worked perfectly in my mind since i wanted a bassier sparkle, but i didn't like it.  Luckily the adhesive remained sticky and i could put them back on.  I don't recommend it, but do what you want.  I think the gunmetals are the best filters for the vyrus.  The bass isn't clean enough for me to stay on the "fun silvers" for too long and the vyrus can't handle the detail of the upper frequencies delicately enough for me to enjoy them like i could the delta VII's.  I listen to a lot of music with electronic layering and the detail can't be resolved well enough by the vyruses to enjoy the trebly filters.   

But it's still a great piece of machinery.  Most comfortable IEM's i've warn, but still just a tad vivid for my tastes.  I like the balanced armatures a lot which is why i went for the pm6 so it could handle that detail with more finesse, hopefully.  But i trust that will be so.

Good to know.  I do not plan on doing that.  Once you said underneath...i figured it out.  I like the non-dampened Golds (as someone else mentioned i should do).  However, i am not sure i like the sound signature, overall.  While the Vyrus sound nice, clean and somewhat articulate - i miss a fuller sound with more midbass and upfront drums.  I'll roll with them for a while to see if my tastes change.

Sep 2, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #5,635 of 24,683
Is the standard cable of PM4 a silver cable?

" 2 Pin detachable cables x 3 (included as standard) 1 x standard Trinity multi-braid 1 x memory wire multi-braid 1 x fabric cable with remote and mic. "
" OFC copper cables "
Silver plated cable Will be sold in the future, there is a photo on instagram https://www.instagram.com/p/BI7Aj7tj1W1/

Sep 2, 2016 at 1:47 AM Post #5,636 of 24,683
" 2 Pin detachable cables x 3 (included as standard) 1 x standard Trinity multi-braid 1 x memory wire multi-braid 1 x fabric cable with remote and mic. "
" OFC copper cables "
Silver plated cable Will be sold in the future, there is a photo on instagram https://www.instagram.com/p/BI7Aj7tj1W1/

Yeah, the silver-plated ones will be for the future. I think those are the ones that will be made by Toxic?

Sep 2, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #5,638 of 24,683
  Hey Bob, I'd love to see how the Phantom Master 6 look when worn. Can we get a pic of it?

My Delta just broke unfortunately, and I loved them!

The pics were actually posted few weeks back, although seems like lightyears away given the pace of the thread. Here they are:
post #4835

Sep 2, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #5,640 of 24,683
I've pre-ordered the PM4 a while ago, but since the design change I am not so sure about them any more.

Usually I tend to steer clear from over-ear iems.

It seems like a fiddle every time you are putting them in your ear. I have tried some memory wire iems and did not like the struggle at all.

I hope Brooko etc get their review sample soon so they can shine a light on fit and comfort.

Can the PM4s only be worn over the ear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back