TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Aug 31, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #5,596 of 24,683
Received My Vryus.  Very nice packing and IEMs.  However, unless this is a "burn-in" thing, i feel like the treble is very subdued.  I have tried all the nozzles.  The hi-hats/cymbals sound great but they are so distant.  I am enjoying them, however. 

Think i read a type-o in the manual.  I turn counter-clockwise to remove the nozzles.  Not clockwise. 

Sep 1, 2016 at 1:27 AM Post #5,601 of 24,683
just get the pm4 guys while its on discount
biggrin.gif

Sep 1, 2016 at 2:08 AM Post #5,603 of 24,683

It is Caribbean Literature, I mostly dealt with power and resistance subjectivities and Bhaktinian dialogism.

Now regarding the m4, man I am literally pacing and can't wait to listen to them (would have liked ordering the m6, but can't afford them).

I too have preordered the PM4 and would have liked to have popped for the PM6 but couldn't justify the additional cost.  Have the Trinity Technes which I have found great favor with so I have high expectations for the PM4s :)

You planning on teaching?

Sep 1, 2016 at 3:31 AM Post #5,605 of 24,683
yes, got a job already (atleast for a year). it doesn't pay much. i am from india, and there's rampant unemployment here, so even if ts less pay atleast it still pays something.

As long as you enjoy what you're doing and can make ends meet, there should be room for improvement later on.

Just like the trinity iems that keep improving haha

Sep 1, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #5,607 of 24,683
  Well, the PM4 was supposed to ship late august, and now its september, with the redesign and supposobly now in manufacturing, so... any ETA for now ?

Bob posted earlier 4-6 weeks from around aug 19.  You can look back a "few" pages.  LOL and see the post.

Based on that late September shipping(but I would bet it falls into October).  Better to get a well designed and manufactured product rather than one rushed and consumer suffers

Sep 1, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #5,608 of 24,683
I ordered the PM4s as well. Though I've had a few different types of great over-the-ear headphones over the years, I've never had a (relatively) expensive pair of In-Ear-Monitors before. Currently at the gym I'm sporting a cheap pair of bassy, and claustrophobic JVC HA-FX101's. Was in the market for something a bit more open and airy, and figured it was about time I stopped cheapening out on In-Ears. Was about to pull the lever on either a pair of Shure SE215's or a pair of FiiO EX1's, but was a bit concerned about the (now) so-so reviews on the prior and the abundant sound leakage on the latter. Then I caught someone recommending something from the Trinity line in another thread, and a few more posts and a bit of searching led me to the hype-train that is this thread. I'm typically not the type to throw money at something that's not been tested and tried, but I figured what the hell. PM4s sound like they might be a pretty good bargain. Sounds like they tick at least some of my boxes. And while more than I've spent for any other In-Ear, they're not so expensive that I'll feel like I'm losing my pants. It'd be kinda...well...maybe not funny, but interesting if after all the hype they end up just being...okay. Trying to set realistic expectations here. I doubt they'll be as good as most of my over-the-ears, but they can't be worse than the JVCs. :D

Sep 1, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #5,609 of 24,683

I ordered the PM4s as well. Though I've had a few different types of great over-the-ear headphones over the years, I've never had a (relatively) expensive pair of In-Ear-Monitors before. Currently at the gym I'm sporting a cheap pair of bassy, and claustrophobic JVC HA-FX101's. Was in the market for something a bit more open and airy, and figured it was about time I stopped cheapening out on In-Ears. Was about to pull the lever on either a pair of Shure SE215's or a pair of FiiO EX1's, but was a bit concerned about the (now) so-so reviews on the prior and the abundant sound leakage on the latter. Then I caught someone recommending something from the Trinity line in another thread, and a few more posts and a bit of searching led me to the hype-train that is this thread. I'm typically not the type to throw money at something that's not been tested and tried, but I figured what the hell. PM4s sound like they might be a pretty good bargain. Sounds like they tick at least some of my boxes. And while more than I've spent for any other In-Ear, they're not so expensive that I'll feel like I'm losing my pants. It'd be kinda...well...maybe not funny, but interesting if after all the hype they end up just being...okay. Trying to set realistic expectations here. I doubt they'll be as good as most of my over-the-ears, but they can't be worse than the JVCs. :D

I have the Atlas and have heard the DN-2000 (upgrade to the DN-1000) and I preferred the Atlas, just not by a huge margin. And the PM4 is supposed to be a step or two above the Atlas.

So in theory PM4 > Atlas >= DN-2000 > DN-1000

At the discounted price you're getting detachable cables and sound several steps above the DN-1000 for sure.

Don't bother buckling up kid. This is the easiest gamble of your life

There is your answer, I thought I was taking a gamble but as you can see in istirsin's reply to my comment, it is essentially no gamble :wink:
You can look up the Dunu DN-1000 to get an impression of how many people (including myself) love these IEMs for their great overall quality.

Sep 1, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #5,610 of 24,683

There is your answer, I thought I was taking a gamble but as you can see in istirsin's reply to my comment, it is essentially no gamble :wink:
You can look up the Dunu DN-1000 to get an impression of how many people (including myself) love these IEMs for their great overall quality.

No one has actually heard the PM4's though (apart from the engineers I'm assuming by now if they'll ship in September as promised); until someone reputable and unconnected to the company has done some good A-B'ing it'll be a bandwagon without a proper basis and therefore a gamble. One I'm comfortable taking given reputation and discounts, but as Adrift points out, they may turn out to be mediocre for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back