TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Aug 31, 2016 at 2:14 AM Post #5,581 of 24,683
My Kombi tips surprisingly showed up in the mail today. I ordered them nearly 2 weeks ago and hadn't heard anything back from them, I emailed them and Jake said he didn't have a record of them and would get my order out quickly. Like an hour after that they arrived by Canada Post from the USA. Hopefully he didn't send them out too fast, man that's bad timing. Anyway I like them, the fit seems to be like the silicone ones but more isolation and maybe a better seal though I'll need to test them outside to judge that. I prefer silicone to foam overall so these are a nice est of both worlds. I ordered all 3 sizes to make sure I got the right fit, I think I use a large silicone tip and the large was the best fit for me. Not sure if it's possible but I would love to see a denser foam on the inside instead of the springy stuff, I think it would improve the fit and isolation even more. 

Aug 31, 2016 at 2:23 AM Post #5,582 of 24,683
Trouble is, make it too dense, and it won't then mould to your ear shape...

For me, it's just about bang on the money.

Aug 31, 2016 at 3:37 AM Post #5,585 of 24,683
I have not no, so I am taking a gamble. Why/ what do you think then?

I have the Atlas and have heard the DN-2000 (upgrade to the DN-1000) and I preferred the Atlas, just not by a huge margin. And the PM4 is supposed to be a step or two above the Atlas.

So in theory PM4 > Atlas >= DN-2000 > DN-1000

At the discounted price you're getting detachable cables and sound several steps above the DN-1000 for sure.

Don't bother buckling up kid. This is the easiest gamble of your life

Aug 31, 2016 at 3:53 AM Post #5,586 of 24,683

I have the Atlas and have heard the DN-2000 (upgrade to the DN-1000) and I preferred the Atlas, just not by a huge margin. And the PM4 is supposed to be a step or two above the Atlas.

So in theory PM4 > Atlas >= DN-2000 < DN-1000

At the discounted price you're getting detachable cables and sound several steps above the DN-1000 for sure.

Don't bother buckling up kid. This is the easiest gamble of your life

Well that's fantastic news, thanks for the insight!
Oh and I think you should change the last < to > 
wink.gif

Aug 31, 2016 at 6:56 AM Post #5,587 of 24,683
Oh my, just pulled the trigger on the Phantom Master 4's. Quite a gamble, but given the reputation, the extra discount for head-fi members on top of the already discounted price and the filters... Well, it's a relatively save bet I hope.

Since my Crescendo DS11 (basically an ACS T15) broke after a year and half of service I was looking for something a bit more musical and with removable cables. Psyched!

Aug 31, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #5,588 of 24,683
I've placed a pre-order of the PM4 and I'm pretty excited! I just hope jumping into the badwagon won't be a regret!:) This was an expensive day! I hope the timbre's good on this one :smiley:

Aug 31, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #5,589 of 24,683
  Nice swap. I'm rocking some JH16 Pro FPs with a Kumitate Labs Sanka in reshelling. Just waiting for the Hunter to show up for the rotation. I'm very excited about the form factor. It's not all that much bigger than the Vyrus, which is only a little bit bigger than the Hyperion (I think? Mainly cuz of the removable cable housing, would love to see a side by side size comparison of the Vyrus to the Hyperion). Can't wait to see how Bob manages to fit that many drivers into such a small package. Especially since he's using Sonion drivers which, from all the documentation provided several pages back, aren't the smallest of BAs, but very capable.

Do you mean something like this

Or rather like that

?

Aug 31, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #5,591 of 24,683
Do Sabres need some time for burning in? I got them since yesterday, they played 24h and I found them really bass heavy, even on gun metal filters. Need to do some testing, but i really can't tell the difference on bass area between purple and gun metal. Juiced by DP-X1 and coming from SW3 and GR07 BE.

Aug 31, 2016 at 8:27 PM Post #5,595 of 24,683

It's off topic but I am so happy, just finished with my doctoral dissertation. That's some weight off my chest.

Congratulations I know a lot of hard work went into that. Very impressive

Absolutely concur.  Well done!

Would it be improper to ask what discipline your doctorate is in?  If that's too personal, no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back