TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Aug 30, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #5,566 of 24,683

Here is that quote for colors.

thanks.
those are the pics on the site. I was wondering if there were any others

I have ordered the PM6 in red too. That shall give me the PM4 in polished aluminium and the Vyrus in its default colour. That should be nice and easy for my old man brain to be able to know which is which without having to work too hard!

Yeah that is my exact reasoning also. Lol

Aug 30, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #5,568 of 24,683
Very excited about my M4 pre-order!
I was on edge deciding between this and ordering the DN-1000 as my previous ones have passed. I hope I have made the right choice, only time will tell :)
But due to Bob's expertise and input from extremely experienced individuals I have my hopes high. 

Aug 30, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #5,571 of 24,683
Having owned all of Bob's creations except for the Techne, I have to say that the Vyrus is my favorite due to the excellent fit and superb sound. Just to throw out my favorite combination, I am using the non-damped purple filters, Linum Music cables, large silicon tips of unknown origin and my Plenue D DAP with the Rap preset selected.

This unlikely combinations works really well for my preferred genre's of acoustic and instrumental music, offering an excellent depth and layering of soundstage and precise imaging. I can best describe the sound as being very similar to binaural recordings.

I find the pairing of the Vyrus and Plenue D to be an excellent combination as the PD is very small, has a battery run-time of about 50 hours with lossless music and has about an infinite number of sound customizations.

Although I am using the purple filters, I am not really a treble-head. I just find this combination to deliver a very lifelike presentation and quickly draws me into the music.

Given both quality music files and player source, the Vyrus doesn't take a backseat to IEM's costing hundreds of $$$ more!

Aug 30, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #5,574 of 24,683
Guys,

For those of who have heard the PM6, does it have a relatively bright sound signature?

Thanks

None have heard the final tuning of pm6. But it would be close to Hunter, so probably those have heard Hunter at canjam London could say something on this. BTW, would be good to tell your reference of bright by pointing out specific iem you have tried.

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:14 PM Post #5,576 of 24,683
None have heard the final tuning of pm6. But it would be close to Hunter, so probably those have heard Hunter at canjam London could say something on this. BTW, would be good to tell your reference of bright by pointing out specific iem you have tried.

@Gaghiel 's right.  BOB ( and i am paraphrasing) stated he wished to make the sound of the m6 like that of the Hunter, which was said to be very well balanced with there right amount of everything.  "mature".  Not too much of anything, "just right".

I can only speculate before BOB could chime in, but I honestly don't think brightness is going to be an issue for the m6.  I also say this because of the utilization of dual BA drivers.  BA's in the delta VII were very gentle and clear with the upper frequencies. and even reduced my own sensitivity to upper frequencies, by not being bright, but just clear and natural.  They are being utilized on the m6 as well in a dual configuration!  More B@! @$$.

The vyrus's can be a little bright for me, but that's because they can't handle the detail load of a higher resolution IEM, however, not to undermined them, they are still a great IEM especially balanced with healthy lower frequencies and easy EQ tweaking if need be.

the Sabre I could not handle and was too bright for my sensitivity, but they came with no BA drivers, and there were just a whole other animal.

So with that in mind, you have this m6 coming out that is purported by its maker to be closer to the Hunter's well balanced sound using dual BA drivers that allow for gently clear and lively upper frequencies.  This is why i purchased the m6's instead of the m4's.  I'm sure the M4's are fantastic, and will blow you out of the water, but i just wanted a nice balanced rock in my hammock smoking to the twilight's caress from behind me.
cool.gif

Aug 31, 2016 at 12:55 AM Post #5,578 of 24,683
Having owned all of Bob's creations except for the Techne, I have to say that the Vyrus is my favorite due to the excellent fit and superb sound. Just to throw out my favorite combination, I am using the non-damped purple filters, Linum Music cables, large silicon tips of unknown origin and my Plenue D DAP with the Rap preset selected.

This unlikely combinations works really well for my preferred genre's of acoustic and instrumental music, offering an excellent depth and layering of soundstage and precise imaging. I can best describe the sound as being very similar to binaural recordings.

I find the pairing of the Vyrus and Plenue D to be an excellent combination as the PD is very small, has a battery run-time of about 50 hours with lossless music and has about an infinite number of sound customizations.

Although I am using the purple filters, I am not really a treble-head. I just find this combination to deliver a very lifelike presentation and quickly draws me into the music.

Given both quality music files and player source, the Vyrus doesn't take a backseat to IEM's costing hundreds of $$$ more!

vyrus + qp1r is sensational for me ^^

Aug 31, 2016 at 2:06 AM Post #5,580 of 24,683
Currently rocking my buddy's Sabres, while he has my Delta V2s.

Nice swap. I'm rocking some JH16 Pro FPs with a Kumitate Labs Sanka in reshelling. Just waiting for the Hunter to show up for the rotation. I'm very excited about the form factor. It's not all that much bigger than the Vyrus, which is only a little bit bigger than the Hyperion (I think? Mainly cuz of the removable cable housing, would love to see a side by side size comparison of the Vyrus to the Hyperion). Can't wait to see how Bob manages to fit that many drivers into such a small package. Especially since he's using Sonion drivers which, from all the documentation provided several pages back, aren't the smallest of BAs, but very capable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back