TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jul 6, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #3,766 of 24,683
Yeah, this makes sense to me as well. Just couldn't remember having read anything about it. Happy to have ordered the Lanyard to go along with the M4 eventually :)

I already have the Sabre and decided to get the Vyrus because of the Bluetooth lanyard option. I was interested in the Delta as well but I think I will be happy with the Sabre and Vyrus and the Bluetooth option.

Jul 6, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #3,767 of 24,683
I already have the Sabre and decided to get the Vyrus because of the Bluetooth lanyard option. I was interested in the Delta as well but I think I will be happy with the Sabre and Vyrus and the Bluetooth option.

Yes, I hope (and think) that these options will be the best Bluetooth solution available at this time.

Jul 6, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #3,769 of 24,683
Would it be possible to use both the headfi member and Trinity account discount together? Anybody knows? I don't see an option for both at the checkout.

Yaaaa, paying with Monopoly money would be even better.....

Don't forget they're still running a business.

Jul 6, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #3,771 of 24,683
Mine was just a question considering that I have purchased from them before. So can the attitude.

Yup sometimes it feels like people are building a group think kind of culture here.  

If you state your genuine questions or dislikes you likely might get the attitude.  The problem with that is it often discourages people from asking genuine questions about the product or suggesting improvements for fear of being ridiculed; this shouldn't be the case. 

Jul 6, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #3,772 of 24,683
I know and is something prevalent at headfi. Mine was a genuine question, mostly out of curiosity, that got answered and we moved on. The other poster response was inappropriate, almost suggesting that I wanted a product for free. Anyways, I'll move on because I already got my answer and I don't want to derail the topic.

Jul 6, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #3,773 of 24,683
Well, after about a week of listening to my replacement Sabre I am going back and forth between the gold, red, and orange filters. I find the changes to be very subtle and focused on the lower regions (bass). I don't think I'll have much use for the gunmetal or purple but I'll give them a listen eventually.

Jul 6, 2016 at 7:29 PM Post #3,774 of 24,683
Well, after about a week of listening to my replacement Sabre I am going back and forth between the gold, red, and orange filters. I find the changes to be very subtle and focused on the lower regions (bass). I don't think I'll have much use for the gunmetal or purple but I'll give them a listen eventually.

Just goes to show how great it is that Trinity give us all these filters, as I can't imagine not having the gunmetal and purple filters. I can just about manage the gold ones, but even they are a bit too bassy for me.

Jul 6, 2016 at 8:04 PM Post #3,776 of 24,683

I think I remembering reading a post somewhere here that the filters on the Sabre only adjusted the bass unlike the filters on the original Delta. Or maybe that was said about a different IEM. @Brooko, could you clarify?

Jul 6, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #3,777 of 24,683
  I think I remembering reading a post somewhere here that the filters on the Sabre only adjusted the bass unlike the filters on the original Delta. Or maybe that was said about a different IEM. @Brooko, could you clarify?

The filters on the Sabre only adjust the bass because the sabres don't have both damped and undamped filters like the deltas.
I remember @Brooko also posted this image (comparing the sabres filters) when comparing the deltas to the sabres on his Delta V2 review:

The colors may not match the filters colors (at least the gunmetal and purple)

Jul 6, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #3,778 of 24,683
I think I remembering reading a post somewhere here that the filters on the Sabre only adjusted the bass unlike the filters on the original Delta. Or maybe that was said about a different IEM. @Brooko
, could you clarify?

I think you are right and they were definitely talking about the Sabre. That is why I became interested in the Delta's (the ability to modify more than just the bass), but I ended up going for the Vyrus (that will have the same filters, although I understand that they are not at the same level) and also the Bluetooth lanyard (that will work for both the Sabre and Vyrus).

Jul 6, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #3,780 of 24,683

I'll be measuring the production Sabre this weekend (prefer to get my listening done first - measure later - then compare findings)

But yep - the filters only affect from about 300-400 hz down.

Bob said he tweaked something in the cavity before going final - and they definitely sound a bit different to the prototype Sabres we originally wrote impressions on.  I think the changes are positive too. Still a very vivid sounding IEM.  Personally I'm a fan of the purple filters with these one.  Might be a bit bass light for some in this configuration though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back