TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jul 6, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #3,782 of 24,683
I think I have moved on from the red filters but I don't think I could go past the yellow ones because of the bass. Yellow and orange (depending on the song) are perfect for me.
on which trinity iem?

Jul 7, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #3,787 of 24,683
My short initial impression of the Phantom Sabre...

The bass is pretty strong, massive, and dives deep. The soundstage is very good. with decently forwarded mids. My only three concerns are that I expected the treble to be a bit more clearer or cleaner. They're okay, but wish the treble were more well separated. My another concern is that changing the filters IMO causes only a very small difference that I can barely realize the difference. The last concern is that the cable connection is not tight enough.

I gotta spend some more time as it's only been 3 days since I've been using these. Will see if there's any change with my thoughts.

Jul 7, 2016 at 12:44 AM Post #3,789 of 24,683
  My short initial impression of the Phantom Sabre...

The bass is pretty strong, massive, and dives deep. The soundstage is very good. with decently forwarded mids. My only three concerns are that I expected the treble to be a bit more clearer or cleaner. They're okay, but wish the treble were more well separated. My another concern is that changing the filters IMO causes only a very small difference that I can barely realize the difference. The last concern is that the cable connection is not tight enough.

I gotta spend some more time as it's only been 3 days since I've been using these. Will see if there's any change with my thoughts.

Now i'm more excited for the Master 4

Jul 7, 2016 at 12:47 AM Post #3,790 of 24,683
  By the way, I'm wondering why there's a big gap on the price between the Phantom Hunter and Master 6. 

Is it solely because the Hunters are "limited editions"?

Titanium shells and litz cables would be the big differences in material/component cost I would think. Also, different dynamic drivers and different methods of tuning the BAs which could cause increased development and/or production costs. And, a promise of 'special Phantom Hunter owner privileges' although we have no details of those yet. 

Jul 7, 2016 at 1:42 AM Post #3,791 of 24,683

Titanium shells and litz cables would be the big differences in material/component cost I would think. Also, different dynamic drivers and different methods of tuning the BAs which could cause increased development and/or production costs. And, a promise of 'special Phantom Hunter owner privileges' although we have no details of those yet. 

I see. I'm more interested at the Hunter cuz the design of M4 and M6 are too simple and bulky, while the Hunter looks pretty attractive and looks premium. Not sure how they would sound but still looking forward to it. Hopefully the design will improve on M4&M6..

Jul 7, 2016 at 2:05 AM Post #3,793 of 24,683
I have a question for you Mr. @Bobtrinity :

For the master 4's, you said you are including damped filters.

Are you including filters in standard AND long length?

Jul 7, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #3,794 of 24,683

i reckon so

Jul 7, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #3,795 of 24,683

Bob answered in the affirmative:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/796729/trinity-phantom-series-new-thread-worlds-first-push-pull-hybrid-iem/3420#post_12687984

Users who are viewing this thread

Back