TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jul 7, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #3,811 of 24,683

Which are damped and which aren't?

My understanding is that the damped filters would address any overly bright treble which is a potential concern for me.

Jul 7, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #3,813 of 24,683
Love the picture.  
biggrin.gif

Jul 7, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #3,815 of 24,683
  Those are Sabre filters, similar to Atlas filters (but with longer versions), none are damped. 

Understood.  But the picture of 5 types of filters in both short and long is what the M4 will have but with damped and undamped.  Trying to get a handle on how that will be applied.  I really don't think Bob means that the M4 will ship with twice the number of filters shown in that photo.  Then again he never fails to suprise.....

Jul 7, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #3,816 of 24,683
Understood.  But the picture of 5 types of filters in both short and long is what the M4 will have but with damped and undamped.  Trying to get a handle on how that will be applied.  I really don't think Bob means that the M4 will ship with twice the number of filters shown in that photo.  Then again he never fails to suprise.....

Delta style filters in 2 lengths on m4, m6 and hunter

Jul 7, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #3,817 of 24,683

honestly i dont get how trinity audio is making profit
blink.gif

very good price for their iems!

Jul 7, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #3,818 of 24,683
Trinity is definitely going to take its place in the market with these IEM's.

The master 4 is a game winner already with this package.

I remember i was amazed when i first looked up the RHA t20 and now i don't give it a look.  Your bad BOB 
evil_smiley.gif

No messin' around here.

Jul 7, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #3,819 of 24,683
  Trinity is definitely going to take its place in the market with these IEM's.

The master 4 is a game winner already with this package.

I remember i was amazed when i first looked up the RHA t20 and now i don't give it a look.  Your bad BOB 
evil_smiley.gif

No messin' around here.

thats right! it a matter of time we will get all trinity iems!

Jul 7, 2016 at 7:50 PM Post #3,820 of 24,683

But Bob, you also said damped and undamped here:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/796729/trinity-phantom-series-new-thread-worlds-first-push-pull-hybrid-iem/3420#post_12687984

Are 2 sets of the 5 damped or....  you see I'm confused.  Would appreciate clarification.

Jul 7, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #3,821 of 24,683
Jul 7, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #3,822 of 24,683

Delta style filters currently have 7 distinct types, so long versions make 14  sets total. And indeed, the Hunter store page gives this number. The M4 and M6 pages, on the other hand...

Update those store pages Get your webmonkeys to update the store pages Bob 
tongue.gif

Jul 7, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #3,823 of 24,683
Bob A

Sabre and Atlas both use the skinnier filter.  None of them are damped, although you could add some foam yourself which could work if you prefer damping.

M4, M6, and Hunter will all have the wider width filters that the current Delta V2 uses.  These come in damped and undamped. 

Jul 7, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #3,824 of 24,683
Jul 7, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #3,825 of 24,683
  Bob A

M4, M6, and Hunter will all have the wider width filters that the current Delta V2 uses.  These come in damped and undamped. 

Brooko, that was my understanding.  Now what I want to know is which M4 / M6 are damped and which aren't.  For example are the purple in both short and long damped?  Or....  See where I'm going?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back