TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jun 23, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #3,046 of 24,683
I'm eager to read impressions from Sabre owners re: sound and fit... Anyone have Deltas/Atlas to compare with?

EDIT: Thanks @pedronet
, I was a few seconds late with my post :xf_eek:

I own the Atlas and the Sabre. I haven't AB'd but I listened to the Atlas a lot before getting my Sabre and can say that I much prefer the Sabre. The resolution and clarity is so amazing, better than my £200 over-ear headphones. What's even more amazing is that it comes with no sibilance whatsoever. The soundstage is also bigger than I expected (bigger than the Atlas'), I wouldn't say it's huge but it has a nice balance between large and intimate (sorry, that's a bit vague...) The imaging is also great. But it's the clarity I just can't get over - so impressed. I'm also a fan of the lesser bass on the Sabre as opposed to the Atlas as I'm not a basshead at all.

Jun 23, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #3,047 of 24,683
sabre is thicker than delta :flushed: delta is nothing but thin, then sabre is quite thick sounding probably those two dds

anyway if anyone wants to sell theirs sabres ima here hihi

Jun 23, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #3,048 of 24,683
In the process of starting to write up my thoughts on the Sabres (still a way away yet - I think very slowly!), but I can safely say I am a major fan of what Bob has achieved here, not just what he has achieved "for the price". The best comment I can make on these is that I currently have a three way shootout going on in my house with some Nuforce HEM8, a pair of FLC8S and a set of Campfire Novas I have bought which I am supposed to be listening to in order to decide which one I will be keeping and which ones I will be selling on, so the Sabres were intended to be my "out and about/gym/travelling" pair. The problem I'm having is that when I get some time to do some proper listening, I keep putting the Sabres in my ears to listen to a few more tracks instead of the other three. Being honest, there are individual aspects of each of the other IEMs that are done better than the Sabre, but as a complete listening experience, there is something enjoyable and moreish about the sound that just works, and doesn't sacrifice detail (bags of it) or bass impact (again, bags of it, just slightly smaller ones) in the process.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's impressions up here at some point soon to see what the general concensus is - I think Bob might have another winner on his hands.

Jun 23, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #3,050 of 24,683

I'm eager to read impressions from Sabre owners re: sound and fit... Anyone have Deltas/Atlas to compare with?

EDIT: Thanks @pedronet, I was a few seconds late with my post 
redface.gif

i own both the OG delta and atlas.  i may not be great at putting what i hear into words but i'll give it a shot...assuming my sabre show up and i get some time before a bunch of other comparisons are posted. 
seems DHL's 2-3 days to the US is a best case or there were some orders that went out later than expected.

Jun 23, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #3,052 of 24,683
i own both the OG delta and atlas.  i may not be great at putting what i hear into words but i'll give it a shot...assuming my sabre show up and i get some time before a bunch of other comparisons are posted. 
seems DHL's 2-3 days to the US is a best case or there were some orders that went out later than expected.

Shoot me a pm and I will check

Jun 23, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #3,054 of 24,683
Anyone with sabres, how's the comfort with the new round shells? The one thing I had problems with atlas was getting a comfy fit, uses to get painful after a couple hours.

They stay in place just fine and they're really confortable. Since there are no sharp edges i actually can wear them for hours without any problem 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 23, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #3,056 of 24,683
What delivery time can the rest of Europe expect? Shipping Information says 7-14 days but seriously, US 2-3 days and inside EU that much? Or was that one last final punch considering the possible "Grexit"
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 23, 2016 at 12:55 PM Post #3,058 of 24,683
Anyone with sabres, how's the comfort with the new round shells? The one thing I had problems with atlas was getting a comfy fit, uses to get painful after a couple hours.

I have worn them constantly for the past 2 days using the spintips and they are so comfortable that I forget they are in. It took me about 30 minutes to get used to how to put them in though as I was not used to the over ear design. Once mastered though it is now a 2 second job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back