TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jun 18, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #2,792 of 24,683
Bobby should update us (officially) on the status on the Sabres! Monday-Tuesday hype!

Sabres! Why are we rattling those things? We should be talking about whipping the Masters into shape. I need me some Kickstarter therapy to my ears!

Jun 18, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #2,793 of 24,683
Have you listened to any of the other Campfire Audio iems? I'd love to know how some of the equivalent Trinity iems compare.

I've listened to the Orion, Jupiter, and now Lyra. I'll try and show a few comparative graphs later.

Jun 18, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #2,794 of 24,683

I've listened to the Orion, Jupiter, and now Lyra. I'll try and show a few comparative graphs later.

You wouldn't happen to be planning to test the master 4 would you?

Jun 18, 2016 at 11:18 PM Post #2,795 of 24,683
Yeah - supposed to be getting 4,6 and Hunter.  Will let you know when Vince and I have them.

Jun 19, 2016 at 4:33 AM Post #2,797 of 24,683
Good track list - relaxed summertime rock. Thought I was the only person left on planet earth who still had Shawn Mulling on their regular playlists as well!
wink.gif

Haha! I love Shawn Mullins' music (and I'm in London, for the record lol). I have most of his albums, including the mini acoustic/indie 'supergroup' he released an album with called The Thorns!
If you haven't heard it already, I highly recommend some of the tracks from his most recent album, 'Light You Up', especially the tracks 'Tinseltown' (really good) and Catoosa County (about the closest I get to country and western, but it sends shivers down my spine every time) :D
Plus much stuff from his early career albums 'Eggshells' and the compilation 'The First Ten Years'.
I'd better stop now I think...
beyersmile.png

And yeah, roll on Masters 4 and 6 lol (for relevance. But seriously, I can't wait)
beerchug.gif

Jun 19, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #2,799 of 24,683
Ok - for those who asked.  All matched at 1 kHz

Remember the Veritas measures light above 4-5 kHz - so what you're seeing is raw uncompensated data, and the area above 4-5 kHz will actually be higher than shown on the graphs

Jupiter is blue, Orion is yellow, Lyra is green

For the record:
  1. I intensely disliked the Jupiter - very dissonant mid-range for me - especially the big drop from mids to upper mids (I usually like flat or a rise in this area)
  2. Loved the Orion - really nice sounding IEM.  Balanced and cohesive.
  3. Lyra reminds me a bit of Atlas - but without as much upper mids

Here is the Campfire Trio vs Atlas with gun-metal filter (the most balanced)

Here is the Campfire Trio vs Delta V2 with purple damped filter (the most balanced)

Here is the Campfire Trio vs Sabre with gun-metal filter (the most balanced)

I should have probably used gold or orange for the Sabre as it adds a lot more bass, and realistically you need it to help balance out the peaks in upper mids and treble.

My pick of all of them would be Delta V2 first (ironically one of the cheapest), and Orion second.

Jun 19, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #2,800 of 24,683

Wow, thank you so much for the graphs :) Would you say the Campfire trio sound darker than the Trinity lot, then?

Is it just the signature of the Delta V2 you prefer or do they also compare well in separation, imaging and soundstage etc.?

Jun 19, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #2,801 of 24,683
The Orion is not a dark IEM - whereas the Lyra is warmer so I don't think it would be fair to categorise them all under one "banner". As I don't have the Jupiter or Orion with me I can't A/B against the Delta so I can't really answer your other question. Prefer not to reply on memory (tends to be fallible)

Jun 19, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #2,803 of 24,683
I only heard the prototype - so wouldn't really comment until I get the chance to hear the final. Sadly CA has still not chosen to correct the edges on the inside of the shell (comfort issues). Evidently I'm not the only one who has noticed. A few others have pointed it out now (on both Nova and Andromeda)

Jun 19, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #2,804 of 24,683
And guys - this is the Trinity thread - so let's not wander too far off topic :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back