TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jun 20, 2016 at 3:08 AM Post #2,808 of 24,683
Have a feeling productivity in the workplace for all the UK thread members may take a little dip today as everyone keeps checking to see if today is going to be Sabre delivery day... And so the next phase of Bob's cunning plot for world domination begins.

Jun 20, 2016 at 4:16 AM Post #2,809 of 24,683
  Ok - for those who asked.  All matched at 1 kHz

Remember the Veritas measures light above 4-5 kHz - so what you're seeing is raw uncompensated data, and the area above 4-5 kHz will actually be higher than shown on the graphs

Jupiter is blue, Orion is yellow, Lyra is green

For the record:
  1. I intensely disliked the Jupiter - very dissonant mid-range for me - especially the big drop from mids to upper mids (I usually like flat or a rise in this area)
  2. Loved the Orion - really nice sounding IEM.  Balanced and cohesive.
  3. Lyra reminds me a bit of Atlas - but without as much upper mids

Here is the Campfire Trio vs Atlas with gun-metal filter (the most balanced)

Here is the Campfire Trio vs Delta V2 with purple damped filter (the most balanced)

Here is the Campfire Trio vs Sabre with gun-metal filter (the most balanced)

I should have probably used gold or orange for the Sabre as it adds a lot more bass, and realistically you need it to help balance out the peaks in upper mids and treble.

My pick of all of them would be Delta V2 first (ironically one of the cheapest), and Orion second.

Nice! but that huge spike in upper mids makes me a little uneasy - many have that stiff and bright upper mid i really dislike. hope sabre isn't of this case.

Jun 20, 2016 at 7:06 AM Post #2,810 of 24,683
Hi head-fi mates as you can see I'm new here and this thread motivared me to create an acount. My current headsets are the Fidelio X2 and Sennheiser HD 598se ; Vsonic VSD3 and Brainwavz M1. I was looking for an upgrade from my current IEMs and I put an eye on VSD5s and 1more e1001 until I read about Trinity Delta VI and now I'm really interested on phantom master 4. I have the next questions.
Do I need requirements to use the discount coupon for members on Trinity store?
Can I choose a custom serial number for my phantom master 4?
Do you think it will be a huge upgrade from my VSD3s ?

Thank you partners.

Jun 20, 2016 at 7:10 AM Post #2,811 of 24,683
Hi head-fi mates as you can see I'm new here and this thread motivared me to create an acount. My current headsets are the Fidelio X2 and Sennheiser HD 598se ; Vsonic VSD3 and Brainwavz M1. I was looking for an upgrade from my current IEMs and I put an eye on VSD5s and 1more e1001 until I read about Trinity Delta VI and now I'm really interested on phantom master 4. I have the next questions.

Thank you partners.
I had the 1More E1001 IEMs and had to return them. Their bass is really terrible, unless yo u have a good amp it will sound bass-less, everythingelse is good though, clarity is amazing and the soundstage (other than the bassy part) it excellent. But I preffered my Xiaomi Hybrids over it, and now (hopefully!) the Phantom Sabres.

Edit: To answer your other questions-- To get the discount check out Bobtrinity's signiture in the desktop version of head-fi, just put it inthe coupon section when you check out and make sure in the messages you add your username. For the serial number I am not sure, you can ask their customer service which is superb! And i'm pretty sure this is a big upgrade from the Vsonic VSD3s.

Jun 20, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #2,812 of 24,683
I had the 1More E1001 IEMs and had to return them. Their bass is really terrible, unless yo u have a good amp it will sound bass-less, everythingelse is good though, clarity is amazing and the soundstage (other than the bassy part) it excellent. But I preffered my Xiaomi Hybrids over it, and now (hopefully!) the Phantom Sabres.

Edit: To answer your other questions-- To get the discount check out Bobtrinity's signiture in the desktop version of head-fi, just put it inthe coupon section when you check out and make sure in the messages you add your username. For the serial number I am not sure, you can ask their customer service which is superb! And i'm pretty sure this is a big upgrade from the Vsonic VSD3s.

I prefer the balanced over bassy signature but if you prefer Xiaomi hybrids over 1more triple driver I think phantom master would be so much better.
Thank you for answer and I'm waiting for your first impressions and review of Phantom Sabres.

Jun 20, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #2,813 of 24,683

Thank you partners.

I doubt you can choose a serial number for the PM4 as it's not limited

Jun 20, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #2,815 of 24,683
Anyone had any earlybird Sabre deliveries yet?

Jun 20, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #2,817 of 24,683
Not yet - but just received shipping status ....maybe tomorrow?

I haven't received a tracking number nor a shipping status yet 
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back