TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 19, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #14,882 of 24,683
No but he asked the question in this thread a few posts back. Not trying to be contrary here, I do understand people are frustrated but it seems like a lot of the negativity in this thread stems from stuff like this.

The point is that there ARE IEMs being sent out, there is photographic evidence, which should surely be reassuring to everyone here?

Welcome to the forum.  Most of the negativity around here started with products being late well past their ETA and vague updates that  followed. There were some personal reasons too which is understandable.

As you may or may not be aware of most of these items were supposed to be delivered in December or January.

Apr 19, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #14,883 of 24,683
Welcome to the forum.  Most of the negativity around here started with products being late well past their ETA and vague updates that  followed. There were some personal reasons too which is understandable.

As you may or may not be aware of most of these items were supposed to be delivered in December or January.

Thanks, long time lurker, first time poster. I'll be back in the shadows soon I think.

Yeah I know the original ETAs, I've been riding the Trinity Train for some time. I only really wanted to point out that Bob had said some PM6s were being shipped in the photo posted. Or at least, he said it in a round about way as he usually does. That's good news at least.

It seems to me everyone has a different breaking point and that's human nature. Some are happy to wait, others are exasperated by the situation and have rightly cancelled their orders. I just don't get the negativity for negativity sake.

Apr 19, 2017 at 4:57 PM Post #14,884 of 24,683
Thanks, long time lurker, first time poster. I'll be back in the shadows soon I think.

Yeah I know the original ETAs, I've been riding the Trinity Train for some time. I only really wanted to point out that Bob had said some PM6s were being shipped in the photo posted. Or at least, he said it in a round about way as he usually does. That's good news at least.

It seems to me everyone has a different breaking point and that's human nature. Some are happy to wait, others are exasperated by the situation and have rightly cancelled their orders. I just don't get the negativity for negativity sake.

I think it was more negativity to get the manufacturer's attention. Or rather, that's how I interpreted it. The theory being that the more negative attention, the hopefully stronger awareness and response from the company to mitigate that negativity. Usually in the form of some offer, which Trinity did, but in this case, the hope from the user base was really just to try to get an honest and accurate delivery window as the pictures posted only a mere few hours ago on the Trinity Audio Instagram suggests that shipping only began this week rather than almost a month ago as initially claimed. Many people here were fine with having a delay, but they weren't fine with being strung along into the delay. That was the key difference; if it was said outright that things wouldn't ship for another month (and then they met that delivery time estimate), I think people would've been a bit annoyed, but it wouldn't have incited the same reaction. The reason these past several hundred pages happened is because week after week, we were told things were shipping and week after week, no one could report receiving anything anywhere. So not negativity for the sake of negativity, but to prove a point; accurate reports will make people happier than wishful reports.

Apr 19, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #14,885 of 24,683

I think it was more negativity to get the manufacturer's attention. Or rather, that's how I interpreted it. The theory being that the more negative attention, the hopefully stronger awareness and response from the company to mitigate that negativity. Usually in the form of some offer, which Trinity did, but in this case, the hope from the user base was really just to try to get an honest and accurate delivery window as the pictures posted only a mere few hours ago on the Trinity Audio Instagram suggests that shipping only began this week rather than almost a month ago as initially claimed. Many people here were fine with having a delay, but they weren't fine with being strung along into the delay. That was the key difference; if it was said outright that things wouldn't ship for another month (and then they met that delivery time estimate), I think people would've been a bit annoyed, but it wouldn't have incited the same reaction. The reason these past several hundred pages happened is because week after week, we were told things were shipping and week after week, no one could report receiving anything anywhere. So not negativity for the sake of negativity, but to prove a point; accurate reports will make people happier than wishful reports.

Just so we are all clear and people won't think that some members here are all negative;
Shipping according to Bob had started 9 weeks ago and should have been completed on Mar 24/25. Based on an update there were less than 300 items to be put together and shipped hence the delay. The rest was supposedly shipped already.  If what you are saying is indeed the case and shipping has started this week than the update of stuff that is being shipped simply wasn't true.  Vyrus and other items in stock were shipped, the rest wasn't. 

I don't think the negativity here was to draw more attention. Some people simply invested hundreds of $$$ and have the right to be concerned about their little investment, especially IF the updates were false. 

Apr 19, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #14,886 of 24,683
And yet Trinity proceeds as if nothing happened. Bob's still a no show. Jope he'll come back tomorrow and explains. It's nice to see dome shipping action. They seem to somehow celebrating with their recently uploaded picturee which id even more prove the whole packong/shipping marathon just happened or ended today or almost. Means, almost nothing had been shipped before.
I could be wrong. But still no PM6 pictures is not a good sign.

I hope for Bob to show up tomorrow. He owes us, big time.

Cheers

Apr 19, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #14,887 of 24,683
The point is that there ARE IEMs being sent out, there is photographic evidence, which should surely be reassuring to everyone here?

I had my PM4s last week and they came with so much stuff it wouldn't fit in the box. It'll be worth the wait esp for the higher level stuff I'm sure will outdo my Phantoms which are great anyway

Apr 19, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #14,889 of 24,683

Just so we are all clear and people won't think that some members here are all negative;
Shipping according to Bob had started 9 weeks ago and should have been completed on Mar 24/25. Based on an update there were less than 300 items to be put together and shipped hence the delay. The rest was supposedly shipped already.   If what you are saying is indeed the case and shipping has started this week than the updates of stuff that is being shipped simple wasn't true.  Vyrus and other items in stock were shipped, the rest wasn't. 

I don't think the negativity here was to draw more attention. Some people simply invested hundreds of $$$ and have the right to be concerned about their little investment, especially IF the updates were false. 

As I said, drawing more attention is my interpretation of what we know, doesn't necessarily have to agree with how you see things. Like you, I'm simply presenting my own POV.

Just follow my train of thought for a second: the picture evidence only being posted now rather than over a month ago suggests (not a fact) that most of the shipping is happening this week rather than way back in March. I'm not entirely sure about it actually being 9 weeks because I thought he gave out that March 24/25 deadline mid-March, which would be only a little over a month rather than a little over 2 months as you're stating, but I could be remembering wrong.

Now, returning to my reason for interpreting the negativity as a way to draw attention. Over the period of time this thread has existed, it seem like a secure assumption to think that Trinity Audio would be keeping an eye on the thread, looking for comments and suggestions. If that's the intended use, criticisms would also be seen. High amounts of criticism of anything is a well-known tactic for eliciting a reaction in literally any walk of life. So by that thread of logic, one would think that enough negativity here would bring Trinity Audio to wonder why exactly is their product launch resulting in such a reaction and think about what they can do to resolve the issue. You don't have to agree with me, I just want you to understand why I see it the way I do.

Certainly most members here weren't all negative just because they could be; they had their valid reasons. We're both clear about that. I'd say maybe I've seen one or two people, at most, pass through here with just some really confusing responses even given the circumstances. Most have been level-headed and have been well within reason for making the complaints they have. Hope we're actually in the final leg now so that we can all move on from this ordeal, whether people continue to support Trinity Audio or not.

Apr 19, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #14,895 of 24,683
  In you folk's experience, how are the spinfit tips?  All the iems I have use comply tips.  Looking online, it looks like spinfits rotate on every axis (eg. like a ball joint).  Is that how it works?

I personally like them. Silicone tips are my preferred tips and the Spinfits are my preferred silicones. That said, haven't tried Spiral Dots, which some have said to be as good if not better.

The Spinfits have this kind of folded section at the very end of its core stem before it curves into the flange (yeah, I'm not doing a very good job describing this) and that's what allows it to rotate in all directions without squishing the circular opening, leading to the sound coming through as it should. At least that how I understand it's supposed to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back