TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Mar 23, 2017 at 10:25 PM Post #12,316 of 24,683
  Well if you're signed up for myusps.com whenever any item is shipped to your address you'll receive an email/text.  So if they are shipped from Alabama someone should have posted they received tracking info from USPS.  I know I have a USPS account and I'm sure a few others do as well.

Oh wow that's good to know.  I didn't know that service existed.  Not all shipments have tracking info though right? I would think you'd only get a notification if the package had a tracking number in the first place.  I remember seeing somewhere that our headphones won't have tracking numbers unless we pay for one of the other shipping methods.  I went with the free one so I assumed since the beginning that I wouldn't get a tracking number. Hence, I never really expected an email with tracking.  I just expected the heaphones to show up without me knowing.

I might've missed this but is Alabama only going with USPS?  I'm here in Hawaii and usually when I order things online, the seller will usually just go with the cheapest option (eg. FedEx, DHL, USPS, etc.).

Mar 23, 2017 at 10:29 PM Post #12,317 of 24,683
  Oh wow that's good to know.  I didn't know that service existed.  Not all shipments have tracking info though right? I would think you'd only get a notification if the package had a tracking number in the first place.  I remember seeing somewhere that our headphones won't have tracking numbers unless we pay for one of the other shipping methods.  I went with the free one so I assumed since the beginning that I wouldn't get a tracking number. Hence, I never really expected an email with tracking.  I just expected the heaphones to show up without me knowing.

I might've missed this but is Alabama only going with USPS?  I'm here in Hawaii and usually when I order things online, the seller will usually just go with the cheapest option (eg. FedEx, DHL, USPS, etc.).

If they ship bulk to Alabama they will ship priority mail from there so yes there will be a tracking number.  Anything shipped directly from Trinity to you will not have a tracking number unless you pay for it.

Mar 23, 2017 at 11:36 PM Post #12,321 of 24,683
Having seen the Instagram post, with very nice shiny looking parts, I am set to wondering; are those shots from the production plant in China or waiting for assembly at Trinity? Because if they are at Trinity they must have an immense amount of work to insert drivers, test, QC, and then pack. Very curious how they do it..Could they then market as "Assembled in the UK"?

And, at the risk of flogging this horse senseless, it seems that Bob pops in and checks the thread - even if only to respond to scurrilous rumour :wink: - but it would be nice to get clarification on warranty...The opening post says 2 years/3 on cables. The website still has the legally binding 12 month version. Selling with a 2/3 year warranty is a big plus, although some details need clarifying when you consider a modular system (where does the cable bit start and end?) so it would be great if Bob could give his final verdict on what the warranty is for these new products. Please!

Edited to remove anything out of context.

Mar 23, 2017 at 11:51 PM Post #12,322 of 24,683
Having seen the Instagram post, with very nice shiny looking parts, I am set to wondering; are those shots from the production plant in China or waiting for assembly at Trinity? Because if they are at Trinity they must have an immense amount of work to insert drivers, test, QC, and then pack. Very curious how they do it..Could they then market as "Assembled in the UK"?

And, at the risk of flogging this horse senseless, it seems that Bob pops in and checks the thread - even if only to respond to scurrilous rumour :wink: - but it would be nice to get clarification on warranty...The opening post says 2 years/3 on cables. The website still has the legally binding 12 month version. Selling with a 2/3 year warranty is a big plus, although some details need clarifying when you consider a modular system (where does the cable bit start and end?) so it would be great if Bob could give his final verdict on what the warranty is for these new products. Please!

(I'm not sure taking down the Icarus comparison video was wise, considering that the offer is extended, is that video available anywhere else...Was it mirrored on anyone's site? Again, please.)

I assume company is way behind and not only packing boxes and even put together iems. This is why no one got anything. Ano why instagram shows only shells and parts cause they are putting them together. And didn't want to scare customers with more official delays and opted to rush to make the iems. and videos were taken down from youtube because of bad comments. I give them chance to put them together because it means less QC issues. Nothing can be done they are rushing as it is didn't want to update anyone to prevent customers getting annoyed with delays. Basically a chocolate factory.
[video]https://youtu.be/DrwlFTqS_bg[/video]

Mar 23, 2017 at 11:56 PM Post #12,323 of 24,683

And, at the risk of flogging this horse senseless, it seems that Bob pops in and checks the thread - even if only to respond to scurrilous rumour
wink.gif
- but it would be nice to get clarification on warranty...The opening post says 2 years/3 on cables. The website still has the legally binding 12 month version. Selling with a 2/3 year warranty is a big plus, although some details need clarifying when you consider a modular system (where does the cable bit start and end?) so it would be great if Bob could give his final verdict on what the warranty is for these new products. Please!

(I'm not sure taking down the Icarus comparison video was wise, considering that the offer is extended, is that video available anywhere else...Was it mirrored on anyone's site? Again, please.)

I think the idea is that once everything is shipped, they will be uploading more extensive, and detailed videos about their lineup. This is most likely a result of the community requesting a more clear, structured, and sensical line up that gives customers a good idea of what the product actually is. They've decided to move away from the pre-production-ordering model so they will [hopfully] give a much better idea of what their products are and how the compare with each other, as they will have a better idea themselves. So that is likely why they've taken the videos down, although perhaps waiting until the sale is over would have been more helpful. But in all honesty, I think we nitpick far too much with everything they do so I can excuse them taking the video down. :) I'm so excited about receiving my MASTER's soon! Can't wait to see what he means by "plug play and listen for hours".

Mar 24, 2017 at 12:35 AM Post #12,324 of 24,683

I understand, but I'm not nitpicking on the videos. If, as myemaildw says the bad comments here made them take it down then that is their choice. Pity that they decided to take it all down though, I didn't realise that, the Q and A was very useful and gave insights to Trinitys development, surely they could have left that? But new videos would be cool.
For me, the warranty is a big, hmm not "issue" I guess, just a nice push towards choosing Trinity over companies with less impressive warranty. For example, RHA get huge credit for their 3 years, almost seems like a key feature whenever they are mentioned. I hope you don't consider that to be picking at a nit..:wink:

Mar 24, 2017 at 12:46 AM Post #12,326 of 24,683
Warranty used to be 3 years. It was posted on Instagram but they took it down. It's now 12 months. I checked with them. It should be somewhere in these thread, roughly 3 weeks ago.  

Thanks Tommy. That's a bit of a letdown, maybe Bob should edit the opening post because I assumed the warranty from that. At least you cleared it up the intelligent way, so now we know for sure.
Edit: sorry it's not the opening post on this thread, it was one of the others.. can't find it now.. :confused:

Mar 24, 2017 at 12:54 AM Post #12,328 of 24,683
Thanks Tommy. That's a bit of a letdown, maybe Bob should edit the opening post because I assumed the warranty from that. At least you cleared it up the intelligent way, so now we know for sure.

Sorry, don't want to mislead you. It says 12 months on their website but some here said it's 2 yrs on their top tier IEMs.
Probably a good idea to check with them. Like you, warranty is important to me for many reasons.  

EDIT: according to their website 1 yr and 90 days for repairs and spare parts:

https://www.trinityaudioengineering.com/pages/warranty 

Mar 24, 2017 at 1:08 AM Post #12,329 of 24,683
Sorry, don't want to mislead you. It says 12 months on their website but some here said it's 2 yrs on their top tier IEMs.
Probably a good idea to check with them. Like you, warranty is important to me for many reasons.  

EDIT: according to their website 1 yr and 90 days for repairs and spare parts:

https://www.trinityaudioengineering.com/pages/warranty 

My mistake too, it was the What The Future Holds post, and to quote directly: "
Furthermore we will be increasing the warranty to 2 years (Hunter and Master 6 included) on the main unit and offer a 3 year cable warranty."
That makes it sound like it was for all models, so hence my confusion.

Mar 24, 2017 at 1:52 AM Post #12,330 of 24,683
I understand, but I'm not nitpicking on the videos. If, as myemaildw says the bad comments here made them take it down then that is their choice. Pity that they decided to take it all down though, I didn't realise that, the Q and A was very useful and gave insights to Trinitys development, surely they could have left that? But new videos would be cool.
For me, the warranty is a big, hmm not "issue" I guess, just a nice push towards choosing Trinity over companies with less impressive warranty. For example, RHA get huge credit for their 3 years, almost seems like a key feature whenever they are mentioned. I hope you don't consider that to be picking at a nit..:wink:

Yea don't worry I know you weren't nitpicking! :)
I just think that they could do with a break from the majority of the activity on this thread having been "if they only" or "I wish they" or "they should" and the likes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back