TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Mar 22, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #12,211 of 24,683

US - I've never had to pay any sort of fee for receiving a package from any country via any carrier, other than the price of shipping included in the order total. Don't know it is in Canada. 

Thanks. I had to pay multiple times. It really comes down to the total amount and the shipping method. Since shipping will be resumed from Alabama l don't think duty will be added since Trinity took care of that. 
For us Canadians it might be a different story though. 

Mar 22, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #12,213 of 24,683
  For U.S. and Canada folks, are you expecting to pay duty and brokerage fees? Just wondering since UPS is bad when it comes to that, FedEx is so so, depends on the shipping method and USPS and Canada Post are normally the cheapest options.  I'm waiting for a parcel for a coworker and want make sure all goes smoothly. Is there a way of knowing how it was shipped? 

From Hawaii here.  I'm not expecting any fees.  I don't recall ever paying any fees.  If anything, the shipping to me is usually a couple of dollars more

Mar 22, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #12,214 of 24,683

This pic reminds me of one of the Game of Thrones memes that did the rounds a while back.
"One does not simply ship 30'000 of these in a matter of days!" :etysmile:
Surely you mean Lord Of The Rings

Mar 22, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #12,215 of 24,683
Surely you mean Lord Of The Rings

It could be possible. I've seen/read both, but I can't remember where the specific image came from or what was originally the context lol
biggrin.gif

Mar 22, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #12,219 of 24,683
  I had to pay import fee once in the US. If the item is over a certain price you have to pay. The trigger price was about $212. My package was $230 so had to pay a $20 import fee. 

Is that how it is? I bought my TH-X00 off someone in Australia and I don't recall paying any extra fee for it afterwards (paid $400). I sure hope that isn't the case because the Hunter is more than that and I have one of them on order. Seems unlikely though since, as another user pointed out, theoretically a bulk package comes to Alabama first before being actually distributed to individuals.

Mar 22, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #12,220 of 24,683
If the parcel is shipped from US distribution centre to Canada then duty/brokerage/custom/"damn, who told them to inspect my package" fee applies ($20 I think) otherwise if directly from UK then I don't think there are any fees using standard mail service. This is something I had mentioned to Bob last year to see if possible to ship my order directly from UK to Canada so I don't lose some of that wonderful Trinity discount. They probably completely forgot about this given how busy they are.

Mar 22, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #12,221 of 24,683
Is that how it is? I bought my TH-X00 off someone in Australia and I don't recall paying any extra fee for it afterwards (paid $400). I sure hope that isn't the case because the Hunter is more than that and I have one of them on order. Seems unlikely though since, as another user pointed out, theoretically a bulk package comes to Alabama first before being actually distributed to individuals.

I didn't pay on the PonoPlayer or Mitchell & Johnson headphones. It was either the Flare Audio or Trinity Audio Engineering IEMs. Both were over the $212 price. I wasn't home to receive the package, so the house guest paid it. Don't remember which it was. Both British companies.

Mar 22, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #12,222 of 24,683
I didn't pay on the PonoPlayer or Mitchell & Johnson headphones. It was either the Flare Audio or Trinity Audio Engineering IEMs. Both were over the $212 price. I wasn't home to receive the package, so the house guest paid it. Don't remember which it was. Both British companies.

I don't recall paying on either of them. My Trinity KS definitely hit that since it was 150 pounds when the pound was worth something, and I didn't hit that price on the Flare KS cuz I just bought a single early bird R2A which was like 90 pounds. Don't remember how the Flare was shipped, but the Trinity package definitely had a Royal Mail tracking number.

Anyway, I'm hoping I don't have that sort thing with my Hunters. It's the most expensive item, but it should be okay if it technically originates in Alabama. Shipping out to @lordsinister in Canada might be a different thing though...

Mar 22, 2017 at 10:58 PM Post #12,223 of 24,683
So these iems really fascinate me. I see they keep releasing limited run stuff and then discontinuing it, but the stuff that I have seen seems pretty high quality judging from reviews and the materials I can see they're made of. They seem like one of the better, more reasonably priced IEMs I have seen. I am curious though, because the trinity atlas, which has the same sort of cable pin connector as my meelectronics pinnacle p1 and those super common shure chords, seems to be the only one of these IEMs that has that super common chord. If I ever were to upgrade to a new IEM maybe a year or several months down the line (I'm satisfied and fully done buying IEMs for now), I would probably have Trinity on my watch list. My only reservation is that I wouldn't want to buy an IEM with a replaceable chord which doesn't have a common cord to replace it with. As I said earlier in the thread, the only replaceable chord I saw on their website was 100 dollars. 

After looking at all of trinity's products, I honestly feel that the atlas is the only one that I would want to buy out of all of them. Although, they all look like they have a lot of strengths in other ways, but this is one flaw I couldn't live with. 

Mar 22, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #12,224 of 24,683
Finally turned my pm4 I was like that's a lot of bass then looked it was only gold filters :)
Now bring the silver litz cable
Kiesza pretty much sings and basses

Mar 23, 2017 at 1:38 AM Post #12,225 of 24,683
  So these iems really fascinate me. I see they keep releasing limited run stuff and then discontinuing it, but the stuff that I have seen seems pretty high quality judging from reviews and the materials I can see they're made of. They seem like one of the better, more reasonably priced IEMs I have seen. I am curious though, because besides the trinity atlas, which has the same sort of cable pin connector as my meelectronics pinnacle p1 and those super common shure chords, seems to be the only one of these IEMs that has that super common chord. If I ever were to upgrade to a new IEM maybe a year or several months down the line (I'm satisfied and fully done buying IEMs for now), I would probably have Trinity on my watch list. My only reservation is that I wouldn't want to buy an IEM with a replaceable chord which doesn't have a common cord to replace it with. As I said earlier in the thread, the only replaceable chord I saw on their website was 100 dollars. 

After looking at all of trinity's products, I honestly feel that the atlas is the only one that I would want to buy out of all of them. Although, they all look like they have a lot of strengths in other ways, but this is one flaw I couldn't live with. 

I dunno if you'll be able to look at Trinity IEMs in the future then. They said all their IEMs are switching over to the new y-split cable system; the cable is fixed on the shells and detaches via a 3.5mm connection (I think) at the y-split. I consider it a half detachable cable. Not the best way about it in my personal opinion, but who am I to say what they should do with their product?

Finally turned my pm4 I was like that's a lot of bass then looked it was only gold filters
smily_headphones1.gif

Now bring the silver litz cable
Kiesza pretty much sings and basses

Been messing around with getting those Flare drivers in there for so long that you forgot you had filters to deal with too? Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back