TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Mar 14, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #11,642 of 24,683

This pic reminds me of one of the Game of Thrones memes that did the rounds a while back.
"One does not simply ship 30'000 of these in a matter of days!"
etysmile.gif

Mar 14, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #11,643 of 24,683
... They had the more conventional bean-shaped design. I haven't been able to get a good fit with the PM4.

In trying to get max isolation, the body shape and filter length seems quite critical. I'm trying to figure out whether any Trinity IEM will afford great isolation. These pics of the Atlas Deltas, of which I've preordered, now seem doubtful.

I'm wondering if, from the pics available, if anyone can reasonably guess about the isolation fit of the Icarus... before the discount ends.

Mar 14, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #11,645 of 24,683

I wouldn't hold my breath in seeing one before the end of the month, considering they're head down in shipping out orders right now. Only thing I'd like clarified though is the status of Master orders. :) @Bobtrinity ?

He told you the status awhile ago in this or the other trinity thread.  When you get it you'll get it.  Isn't that what you've been telling people?

Mar 14, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #11,646 of 24,683
In trying to get max isolation, the body shape and filter length seems quite critical. I'm trying to figure out whether any Trinity IEM will afford great isolation. These pics of the Atlas Deltas, of which I've preordered, now seem doubtful.

I'm wondering if, from the pics available, if anyone can reasonably guess about the isolation fit of the Icarus... before the discount ends.

The main culprit for me is the thick & long nozzle on the PM4. From the pics, it seems the Atlas-Delta, Icarus III & Hunter share this.

Mar 14, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #11,647 of 24,683
  He told you the status awhile ago in this or the other trinity thread.  When you get it you'll get it.  Isn't that what you've been telling people?

He did say it to someone else, yes. I searched. Thank you for pointing me in this direction! And I've been telling people that the products are shipping, so they are on their way.

My question was mostly if the Master was in this batch of shipments and the answer seems to be no according to Bob's comment 6 days ago. But it is before the end of the month.

So in other words: Back to waiting and popcorn I go! Huzzah! 

Keep on smiling people, no point in getting riled up for first world problems. :wink: 

Mar 14, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #11,648 of 24,683
I hope that's the ship out date to customers. We North American folks get it shipped out of Alabama. All these products x the total units for North America will have to get shipped out to Alabama from UK first. Then the small crew there has to repeat the same process that UK folks did to ship all those items out.

That's why I said in the beginning that I hope it is the ship out to customers date. It is going to take a longer than 24/25.

Leaving aside waiting, can't wait, complaining etc, it is clear that trinity audio is in a different mess with this process of shipping 3 products simultaneously. All the best to them to get these out quickly.

I think they're shipping out more than 3 models by my count, though it's hard to count because they didn't say what models that 24th/25th ship date included. If it includes all models currently available for pre-order, it would mean they're actually shipping out 7 models: Hunter, PM6, Master, Icarus III, Air, Atlas-Delta, Vyrus V2. At minimum, they're supposedly shipping out 5 of those models (assuming the A-D and Vyrus V2 ship out a little later). While I like Trinity and am fine with their pre-order model, I think they way overdid it trying to release 6 brand new models all at once (I'd consider the Vyrus an update). Most companies release maybe a couple models at a time. With this many IEMs, I would've created a roadmap of releases and opened up pre-orders at appropriate times along the way. Basically, do it like some companies in the auto industry. Finalize designs (at least the one that will be released first), let people know that you'll release/reveal 7 models over the course of the next (roughly) 6 months, tell them what the models all are and how they're differentiated and the intended price points, then stagger the pre-order and shipping periods appropriately. That way, you can be taking pre-orders for one IEM while producing/packing/shipping an earlier set of pre-orders. If you stagger them correctly, while one model begins the packing/shipping, another model starts the pre-order phase. You won't end up trying to do several models at once and the reveal/pre-order timelines can be shifted depending on how many/few pre-orders come in for any particular model. Doing them all at once like they did was just begging for trouble.

Personally, I feel like the Vyrus has the best chance to offer high isolation out of all of them. Should be the same length of nozzle as any of the others, but it's a physically smaller IEM as well. I liken it to the Hyperion. The Hyperion's downfall in isolation was it had that vent on the back directly facing the outside world; the one on the Vyrus is along the side of the shell somewhere and a bit smaller I think. So in theory, a smaller port and similar deep insertion would be most beneficial to isolation, making me think the Vyrus will be best at it.

He did say it to someone else, yes. I searched. Thank you for pointing me in this direction! And I've been telling people that the products are shipping, so they are on their way.

My question was mostly if the Master was in this batch of shipments and the answer seems to be no according to Bob's comment 6 days ago. But it is before the end of the month.

So in other words: Back to waiting and popcorn I go! Huzzah! 

Keep on smiling people, no point in getting riled up for first world problems. :wink: 

Why's it always popcorn? I'd much rather have chips
tongue.gif

Mar 14, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #11,650 of 24,683
  Why's it always popcorn? I'd much rather have chips
tongue.gif

In the UK, chips = French Fries (or a fatter version thereof).
I'd much rather have chips too
etysmile.gif

I like them with mayo, European style. Although I might have to switch back to traditional UK vinegar, post-brexit lol
tongue_smile.gif

Yup, this waiting for the IEM's is certainly a 1st world problem.
I don't know what everyone's so stressed about
wink.gif

Troll, troll, troll...
popcorn.gif
tee hee..

Mar 14, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #11,651 of 24,683
  When someone here asked Bob last week he said everything will be shipped by 24/25.  

After that he said that date did not include the Master, but they should be shipped by the end of the month. As for the Icarus, it says on their site they won't be shipping until April. So, I believe the 24th/25th dates are just for the Hunter, PM6 and Air. I'm not gonna go digging for his posts to support mine, lol, but I'm 98.756% sure I'm remembering what I read correctly. 
biggrin.gif

Mar 14, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #11,652 of 24,683

I'm 98.756% sure I'm remembering what I read correctly. 
biggrin.gif

I love the precision of your statement. Perhaps you should post some graphs too
biggrin.gif

Mar 14, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #11,653 of 24,683

After that he said that date did not include the Master, but they should be shipped by the end of the month. As for the Icarus, it says on their site they won't be shipping until April. So, I believe the 24th/25th dates are just for the Hunter, PM6 and Air. I'm not gonna go digging for his posts to support mine, lol, but I'm 98.756% sure I'm remembering what I read correctly. 
biggrin.gif

I confirm this:

Shipping confirmations: 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/796729/trinity-phantom-series-new-thread-worlds-first-push-pull-hybrid-iem/11280#post_13324561

Definitely this month:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/796729/trinity-phantom-series-new-thread-worlds-first-push-pull-hybrid-iem/11280#post_13324606

**edit** Everyone should just subscribe to Bob's posts. :p That way we can stop asking questions that already have an answer! haha

Mar 14, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #11,655 of 24,683

I'm 98.756% sure I'm remembering what I read correctly. 
biggrin.gif

I love the precision of your statement. Perhaps you should post some graphs too
biggrin.gif

I'm pretty sure the graphs would go up on the left, stay close to the middle in the mids, and then go up some on the right. Boom, there we go! 

Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back