TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Mar 14, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #11,626 of 24,683
talk about a redesign - i just woke up but those look nothing like the original and almost exactly like the master IMO.
what are the chances they posted the pics to the wrong IEM?

They do have a similarity to the PM4.
The previous impression looked much like the original, which I hold great value to in just fitting alone.

I'm assuming this is the correct image.

Mar 14, 2017 at 9:55 AM Post #11,627 of 24,683
I need the gold and gold damped filters from the Delta VII if anyone has extras. I tried to get them from Trinity but they said they didn't have any in stock. I have the original Delta and the Pm4 and both of them, to my ears, have too much bass with the gunmetal filters. Gold filters work the best on my PM4 and hoping gold would also be best for the Delta.

Mar 14, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #11,629 of 24,683
So, the headphones are shipping on the 24/25. Don't expect any earlier. If that's not good enough, go find another company to buy from.

I hope that's the ship out date to customers. We North American folks get it shipped out of Alabama. All these products x the total units for North America will have to get shipped out to Alabama from UK first. Then the small crew there has to repeat the same process that UK folks did to ship all those items out.

That's why I said in the beginning that I hope it is the ship out to customers date. It is going to take a longer than 24/25.

Leaving aside waiting, can't wait, complaining etc, it is clear that trinity audio is in a different mess with this process of shipping 3 products simultaneously. All the best to them to get these out quickly.

Mar 14, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #11,630 of 24,683

They do have a similarity to the PM4.
The previous impression looked much like the original, which I hold great value to in just fitting alone.

I'm assuming this is the correct image.

I was hoping they'd stick to the original design. TBH that was one of the major reasons I purchased them. They had the more conventional bean-shaped design. I haven't been able to get a good fit with the PM4. It does look like it could be the same body as the Master. Maybe an attempt to save on costs, so far none of the IEMs in the Trinity lineup shares the same body. If you lined up the whole Trinity line, you'd be hard-pressed to tell they came from the same manufacturer. The changeable filters are the only hint.

Mar 14, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #11,632 of 24,683
Looking at the cable, one can wonder how stinky these will get over time since these are marketed as an exercise iem

Mar 14, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #11,634 of 24,683
I know they have a splashproof covering, I just wonder if they still are meant for running like the original atlas given the significant redesign.

Same here and so the face plates do have splash proof coating?cuz thats the very most part exposed to outside when worn....so then all face plates of associated models will have splash/sweat proof then?......not sure how these fabric woven/braided cable is ok for outdoor activities like gym,jog,run unless they are nylon in some form or kevlar coated under the braid/sheath.

Mar 14, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #11,635 of 24,683
Judging from the new photos these look like the Master with the face plates. Could it be wrong pictures? I don't think fabric cable goes with IEMs that are designed for workout.
Also, IEM to take to the gym should be sweat-proof so sweat won't go inside when you listen. Let alone if it's a balanced armature driver.   

Mar 14, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #11,637 of 24,683
  Same thing with the Westone ADV series. The IEM body is IPX weather rated, but the cable is fabric.

the westone also have a rubber sheath over the cable at the point it is in contact with your skin and most susceptible to sweat.

Mar 14, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #11,639 of 24,683

But it's fully detachable, no? These don't have a fully detectable.

Yes, the Westone ADV series does have a fully detachable cable so that's a plus. The cable is reflective for night runs. They are meant more for outdoor use. The fabric cable is ok for light rain, but if you get a big drop of rain/sweat on the remote it will fail.

Right now I'm really regretting pre-ordering two sets of these. One set was going to stay in my locker for gym use, the other for active/outdoor activities. I'm not keen on the shell/cable redesign. If one side fails, you'd have to replace both sides. Since it's detachable at the Y-split, instead of cable failure you'd have to worry about driver failure. Not sure I see the benefit in this. Hopefully my worries are for nothing. Worst case scenario, I can give them to my brother. The discount codes will lessen the blow. With that said though, if the modular cable turns out to be proprietary I will be canceling my orders. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back