TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Mar 8, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #11,266 of 24,683
BTW regarding material. There was an update once in the Trinity Shop that the PM-6 will be made out of CNC machined stainless steel. On the KS campaign it still says aluminum and I'm not sure I've seen a lot of info about this around here. Also pics would be interesting because I imagine the look of SS is entirely different to Aluminum (especially the colored ones I guess).

Mar 8, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #11,267 of 24,683
Seem to recall I was one of the early receivers of the PM4 in the UK. Not sure where I am in the line for the latest shipments, but as I'm getting the Hunter, Air & revised Master I'll be sure to post when any (or all) land on my doormat. Can't wait! 
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 8, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #11,268 of 24,683
Yeah my pm for took about 3 days to arrive once shipping started. I ordered my pm6 from trinity website in September so I'm expecting it end of this week or next week. But really have no idea how far down the list I'd be.

Mar 8, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #11,269 of 24,683
BTW regarding material. There was an update once in the Trinity Shop that the PM-6 will be made out of CNC machined stainless steel. On the KS campaign it still says aluminum and I'm not sure I've seen a lot of info about this around here. Also pics would be interesting because I imagine the look of SS is entirely different to Aluminum (especially the colored ones I guess).

They are steel now. The picture son the site are still the old ones.

Mar 8, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #11,270 of 24,683
So most of us won't be getting our item(s) until end of March or 1st week of April. Things have been getting shipped out, but none in that batch that has gone out have posted any notification received. That seems strange. The hunters were ready before Pm6 and even that hasn't reached anyone. It really seems messed up. At this rate, when it finally shows up I might not even care. Middle of February the shipping process started and end of March is the likely date all items will be shipped out. A small team with too many products and too many items per product = overloaded shipping process. Anyways good luck with your shipping all orders out.

Mar 8, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #11,272 of 24,683
  The standard free shipping takes 7-14 business days which is very close to 3 weeks according to Trinity's order page. 

If I were you (general direction) and have selected this shipping method, I would not raise my voice draw conclusions untill the end of week No. 3 as I have willingly agreed to the terms of the delivery (i.e. 7-14 business days). Any previous experience with Royal Mail here may not be applicable as Trinity may have some special "super saver" deal with the Royal Mail which enables us to have free shipping but on the other hand the delivery takes a lot of time.

IMHO the only applicable experience here is the experience with the delivery of PM4 which took very long (my own experince) - very close to that 3 weeks.

That said, it would be still nice to have some very short but concrete update from Bob.

Perhaps I am being naive. Trinity front page states, free next day shipping in UK and 2-3 days shipping within US. Bob said a week (or may be more) back that orders were sent to Alabama for processing and shipping would begin in a few days. Counting that, some people should have already received their's in hand by now, if it is next day or 2-3 days. What am I missing here? Are the next day and 2-3 days delivery not applicable to PM6 preorders? I am not referring to the KS ones though.

Mar 8, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #11,273 of 24,683
Perhaps I am being naive. Trinity front page states, free next day shipping in UK and 2-3 days shipping within US. Bob said a week (or may be more) back that orders were sent to Alabama for processing and shipping would begin in a few days. Counting that, some people should have already received their's in hand by now, if it is next day or 2-3 days. What am I missing here? Are the next day and 2-3 days delivery not applicable to PM6 preorders? I am not referring to the KS ones though.

When I'm getting the products at such a massive discount I wouldn't also expect free next day shipping - especially given the numbers that took up the deals.

Full price then I think it should be honoured where advertised but in these circumstances doing some one way and others another would obviously delay matters for everyone.

Can't please everyone all of the time comes to mind.

I still can't understand why it matters so much to everyone, will the world end if they don't arrive tomorrow? (Some people I appreciate are travelling or moving so it does matter but it shouldn't to the vast majority).

Mar 8, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #11,275 of 24,683
I'll post when I get my Hunter or Air to put some people here at ease, but to be honest, I'm not expecting them to arrive this week. Maybe end of next week, not sure about that either. It'll show up eventually
biggrin.gif

And for those asking about the PM6, the site does actually have updated pics. The pic gallery was updated the same way the Hunter pics were: a mix of the old and new. If you look at the Hunter, you'll see there are pics with the filters and the old Trinity braided cable along with the old connector. The new Hunter pics were obvious because they had the new litz cable on them. This also applies to the PM6, though slightly less obvious; you can tell apart the old pics because they have filters or sport the old Trinity connector or Philips-head screws (Bob confirmed in the past that the PM6 is held together using Torx screws like the ones on the pics of the Icarus III). The new pics are the ones that are black and don't have any filters on them; you can't see the screws or the connectors in any of the pics, which might have been a photographical stylistic choice.

Mar 8, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #11,276 of 24,683
When I'm getting the products at such a massive discount I wouldn't also expect free next day shipping - especially given the numbers that took up the deals.

Full price then I think it should be honoured where advertised but in these circumstances doing some one way and others another would obviously delay matters for everyone.

Can't please everyone all of the time comes to mind.

I still can't understand why it matters so much to everyone, will the world end if they don't arrive tomorrow? (Some people I appreciate are travelling or moving so it does matter but it shouldn't to the vast majority).

Lets see. We have waited 9 months for the preorder product to be designed and delivered. In that time, delivery dates were pushed back several times. This is all fine, since we got a huge discount. Now on the top of that, you are asking me to assume sloppy information and what appears to be false advertisement about shipping. Can you give me a clear list of what are the things I am expected to expect in order to get the preorder discount? I promise I will shut up because I think that list was never provided.

When I go to my PM6 order page, this is what I see written: "Shipping (2-3 Day standard shipping (excludes weekends and holidays)):"
Based on this, and what you just stated, would it be a fair assumption that while dealing with Trinity we shouldn't have ANY expectations, and a huge leap of faith, because apparently, the product will make up for all these? Also should we ignore all their information as childish talk because none of them are guaranteed? "It will come when it will come" may work for you, but surely it doesn't work for me because I base my expectations on facts not probabilities. When Trinity said, expected delivery so and so, that was subject to change, but when Bob said the orders are being sent to distribution facility for shipping, or that we will receive shipping notification by the end of tomorrow (which was yesterday), that was fact to me. If anything goes wrong, I am fine, but I expect to be informed, specially when Bob said that he will not post here further until he has shipped out everything (again I take that as fact as well).

I never ranted or whined or cursed or bullied anyone in this forum over my not getting headphones in time, so don't for a second put me in the list of those that do. I asked my doubts to be clarified, not rant about something that I don't have control over. So unless you have useful information for me, please don't bother. Counter-ranting can be equally disruptive as rant.

Mar 8, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #11,277 of 24,683

It's a pre-order for goodness sake, if you want to work with facts then buy something that's already produced and sat on a shelf ready to ship.

I can only see it for what it is, a small team trying their best to please but as I said - you can't please everyone all the time.

Would I like my products in tomorrow morning's post - hell yeah. Do I need them in tomorrow's post - not really. When things are rushed mistakes can creep in, isn't that exactly what people have been bashing trinity for over the last 4 months ?!?

I'm in the UK and have assumed that USA orders are being sorted first so that we all receive them around the same time and I don't have a problem with that at all (others would) I can see why it would be best that way, I'm not sure there's enough pitchforks to go around.

Mar 8, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #11,280 of 24,683
It's a pre-order for goodness sake, if you want to work with facts then buy something that's already produced and sat on a shelf ready to ship.

I can only see it for what it is, a small team trying their best to please but as I said - you can't please everyone all the time.

Would I like my products in tomorrow morning's post - hell yeah. Do I need them in tomorrow's post - not really. When things are rushed mistakes can creep in, isn't that exactly what people have been bashing trinity for over the last 4 months ?!?

I'm in the UK and have assumed that USA orders are being sorted first so that we all receive them around the same time and I don't have a problem with that at all (others would) I can see why it would be best that way, I'm not sure there's enough pitchforks to go around.

Sorry this reasoning is stretching the limits. What you said is applicable for the design, development, testing etc. It took its own time. Most didn't complain and accepted it as part of the pre order process. But when the items have left manufacturing, it has been in shipping to buyers stage and no one receiving any notification about it yet. That's weird. If the initial batch shipping out that we've been hearing for the past 8 business days had generated notifications to the buyers in that list, it would have meant progress. And the rest of us will wait for us to get our notifications in due course of time. But that's not what's happening here with this "shipping". I like many are willing to wait, but lets have some explanation for the delay. Even given the small team and the total number of items to be shipped out, it is possible to give a reasonable time period. That removes uncertainty. Keep us buyers who have paid our hard earned cash informed properly. There's a small group of whiners and there's another group that puts those that have waited and are asking for reasonable information be put in the impatient group. Most of us that are asking for more clarity are being given the "oh for God's sake it's a pre order" response. Can we refrain from doing that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back