TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Dec 7, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #9,482 of 24,683

I respectfully disagree. I should have put quotes around obsolete.  But the reality is the high end products are being revised and the pre-orders are not benefiting from the changes and will be odd man out in the line up. 

I used the 2 pin connector on the M4 and I am not sure it will hold up over time to a tight connection.

There is no indication the new BT/AMP/DAC will work with the 2 pin connector.  Bob gave 0 indication of that.

I ordered a BT lanyard and receieved before the M4, even though I requested they be shipped together.  The BT lanyard is already being changed...no memory wire and shorter cable.  But there are connectivity issues and poor volume adjustment in my opinion.  The recently announced BT connector for the new cabling system appears to be getting a new chip.  I asked Jake if the revised one for the 2 pin is getting any chip changes and I don't believe so.

I know Bob was excited to tease the announced changes but he should have put together a full disclosure first and not little bits over many posts.  I know a new thread is coming but!!

I have been a supporter throughout and bought in on Phantom Air via KS.  But I am very worried.  Will the new dual voice coil driver end up in phantom air, M6 and Hunter. I am worried on volume issues with the phantom Air.

I have not canceled my Hunter pre-order but I am close and I am trying to wait for more info, but the little tidbits of information are a huge concern to me.

I still own a BT lanyard that is of ? benefit-(sent in for exchange but now I think it needs to be returned too)  I hate buying and returning.  I need a more settled product line.

It seems the new Atlas-Delta is getting the new cabling system since Jake told me the BT lanyard I returned will not work with it.  UGH! 

OK my rant is over

It sounds like you don't really understand these changes or the new 24 bit BT DAC   I would suggest going back and reading them more carefully or waiting until the full list of changes.  You would be the only person in this thread to actually voice preferring a Y-Split replaceable cable.

Dec 7, 2016 at 8:51 AM Post #9,484 of 24,683
So much hysteria over product announcements these days. In the entire history of Trinity Audio, they have never left a single customer unhappy (as far as I can tell). At the end of the day they offer a return service if you are unsatisfied with any of their products. I think people are jumping the gun here and throwing their toys out of the pram.

I think I preferred the "In Bob We Trust" spam we had a few months back.

Dec 7, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #9,486 of 24,683
  So much hysteria over product announcements these days. In the entire history of Trinity Audio, they have never left a single customer unhappy (as far as I can tell). At the end of the day they offer a return service if you are unsatisfied with any of their products. I think people are jumping the gun here and throwing their toys out of the pram.

So true duracek.. In Bob We Trust! Products have to change and companies always twig their products. Nothing is perfect especially machined and engineered items. Within saying that, i know Bob and Co will not let anybody down and will take a personal commitment to their ethos. 

Dec 7, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #9,487 of 24,683
I think everyone needs to remember that Bob is trying to please everyone here including himself and any partners / investors.

Product changes are needed to address issues he / we have identified and he is taking some input from the community (us) on how best to make and/or deliver these changes. Other manufacturers would just make the changes and leave purchasers to vote with their wallets (which you all still have the option of doing due to the accommodating refund option).

Everything we buy these days becomes obsolete very quickly anyway, does that make it any less good a product? As this thread has shown recently different people want different things, who's to say what is best for you is best for all, more so... Best for trinity?

I'm sticking firm with my pre-orders, I would like a fully removable cable also - and it appears I will get one. I wouldn't of kicked up such a fuss if it was changed I would have got a refund and moved on to a product that met my needs - simple.

Dec 7, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #9,489 of 24,683

So true duracek.. In Bob We Trust! Products have to change and companies always twig their products. Nothing is perfect especially machined and engineered items. Within saying that, i know Bob and Co will not let anybody down and will take a personal commitment to their ethos. 

Hysteria over changes and "In Bob we Trust" are both not very helpful. I'm not convinced that Bob isn't doing the y-connection because the cost of fixing upon failure is lower for him as the connectors will be the most common and least expensive connectors (3.5mm male and female in TRRS and TRS variety, and 2.5mm TRRS male). His solution doesn't address the main reason why people want removable cables: breakage. This solution does nothing to a help someone who has a cable break above the y-split.

Bob seems to have an obsession with failure rates (it has come up a lot), but he hasn't presented any data to show the differences between different connectors. We are being asked to trust him, with no evidence that a y-split actually reduces failure rates or makes customers happy. As pointed out previously, if people actually liked y-splits, there would be more headphones that use them. The y-split cable is one of the chief complaints on the IE800 (could easily be due to length).

I think the elephant in the room here is that Bob is trying to operate with smaller margins than all his competitors while providing exceptional customer service and uniquely engineered IEMs. I think the answer is to raise the price to cover the failure rate difference and to get better OEM manufacturing, not make y-cables that may make his company an afterthought because they are widely despised. Maybe some people will go all 'in Bob we trust' culty, but I won't. I'm not happy with the constant switching around and lack of industry wide compatibility of basically all Bob's components. Telling us that we should now invest in his in-house cable manufacturer for cables that only work with his headphones is not moving away from this culty kind of behaviour of some of his consumers.

I've met Bob and enjoyed his company. He seems like an honest forthright guy, but I can't help but feel that we aren't getting all the information here.

Dec 7, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #9,490 of 24,683
I will be starting a new thread in the next day or so as this has got way to messy and it will sum up everything.

Thanks Bob, it would really help. Also, if you could, it'd be great if the same info was shared on your site as for some non-english speaking members it could be tough going through all these posts.

With that out of the way, I must say that I'm also thankful that the pre-orders get the 2pin as that's what I anticipated; I wouldn't be mad if we got the updated IEMs, it's just that I prefer 2pins more. Or at least until I get to see how the Y's are.

BTW, do you have any idea where my PM4 is at? I still haven't recieved mine, which is a bit frustrating, and it makes me regret that I didn't order with tracking although I don't think there was the cheaper tracking option at the time I pre-ordered.
I'm fine as long as I get one, its just that the anticipation is killing me.

Dec 7, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #9,491 of 24,683
  Hysteria over changes and "In Bob we Trust" are both not very helpful. I'm not convinced that Bob isn't doing the y-connection because the cost of fixing upon failure is lower for him as the connectors will be the most common and least expensive connectors (3.5mm male and female in TRRS and TRS variety, and 2.5mm TRRS male). His solution doesn't address the main reason why people want removable cables: breakage. This solution does nothing to a help someone who has a cable break above the y-split.

Bob seems to have an obsession with failure rates (it has come up a lot), but he hasn't presented any data to show the differences between different connectors. We are being asked to trust him, with no evidence that a y-split actually reduces failure rates or makes customers happy. As pointed out previously, if people actually liked y-splits, there would be more headphones that use them. The y-split cable is one of the chief complaints on the IE800 (could easily be due to length).

I think the elephant in the room here is that Bob is trying to operate with smaller margins than all his competitors while providing exceptional customer service and uniquely engineered IEMs. I think the answer is to raise the price to cover the failure rate difference and to get better OEM manufacturing, not make y-cables that may make his company an afterthought because they are widely despised. Maybe some people will go all 'in Bob we trust' culty, but I won't. I'm not happy with the constant switching around and lack of industry wide compatibility of basically all Bob's components. Telling us that we should now invest in his in-house cable manufacturer for cables that only work with his headphones is not moving away from this culty kind of behaviour of some of his consumers.

I've met Bob and enjoyed his company. He seems like an honest forthright guy, but I can't help but feel that we aren't getting all the information here.

I agree 100%. Plus the fact that the accessories (bluetooth lanyard) I purchased for the Hunter doesn't appear to be compatible now since he changed to the industrial standard 2 pin design.  

What happens when the Y-split cable doesn't work?  I wish Bob would make this thread and clarify all this so those of us on the fence could make a decision on whether the direction of trinity is a direction we as consumers want to follow.

Dec 7, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #9,493 of 24,683

Sorry to say Micah that if you can't take what we are doing at face value of trying to get the best most reliable product while bringing changes that will cost the consumer less when they want to upgrade I won't ever win.

Reality is that our production cost will go up by doing changes and the standard 2 pin system costs pennies not pounds.

We will look after everyone and do our best for everyone and offer ongoing support as appropriate.

Dec 7, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #9,495 of 24,683

if u don't like trinity stuffs, then don't get. as easy as that mate.
we all took a risk on the pre-orders.
pm6 will be the deal breaker for me if I would continue getting trinity stuffs in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back