TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Sep 28, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #6,467 of 24,683
Celso, eu acho que ninguém aqui fala português, então é melhor tentar escrever em inglês a partir de agora, se possível. Sobre a sua pergunta, mais umas 3 semanas.

Translation (from portuguese):
I don't think anyone here understands portuguese, so it's better to ask in English. To answer your question, it should take about 3 more weeks.

PS: I don't know if it is forbidden to write in other languages, so I answered him and gave the translation.

Yes, I believe it is forbidden

Sep 28, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #6,468 of 24,683
  I'm thinking if I should get atlas delta if I have Vyrus, I mean it will be noticeable upgrade?
confused_face(1).gif

Very substantial upgrade with those balanced armatures.  

Sep 28, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #6,469 of 24,683
Sep 28, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #6,470 of 24,683
  The silver litz cables are now available in balanced 3.5mm TRRS versions too.

Oh. I thought all balanced cables were 2.5mm and SE were 3.5mm.
I'm mistaken? (I think I remember reading that the new flagship Sony DAP has a new, or at least infrequently implemented, connector; 4.4mm or something lol).
I was thinking to buy the Onkyo DP-X1a (new upgraded version of that DAP), which apparently sounds much better in balanced mode.
So it would be useful to know whether the Trinity cables would work with that (I think it has 2.5mm balanced?)
Any advice appreciated.

Sep 28, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #6,472 of 24,683
Oh. I thought all balanced cables were 2.5mm and SE were 3.5mm.
I'm mistaken? (I think I remember reading that the new flagship Sony DAP has a new, or at least infrequently implemented, connector; 4.4mm or something lol).
I was thinking to buy the Onkyo DP-X1a (new upgraded version of that DAP), which apparently sounds much better in balanced mode.
So it would be useful to know whether the Trinity cables would work with that (I think it has 2.5mm balanced?)
Any advice appreciated.

ye Sony has its own standard, but its all same thing, there are also two pole jacks two, it's not standardised apparently for balanced. I'm looking how to implement connectors so that I can easily switch between balanced and 3 pole jack. cause balanced may seem like two separate things going on cause two are completely separate, in regular jacks it may sound a bit more cohesive cause one cable is same. none the less there are 3.5 to 2.5 adapters

zuperdac + hyperion =

terrier-two-step-dog-dance.gif

Sep 28, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #6,473 of 24,683
I always thought pm4 was a mini pm6 which was similar to the hunter.

Is this not the case then and the pm4 are a different prospect in terms of sound sig all together in comparison with the 6/hunter?

Sep 28, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #6,474 of 24,683
Hi,

I've done my best to wade through this thread and check for answers, but it's looong so I'm sorry if I missed anything...

I'm about to go for a pair of Airs on Kickstarter, but I'm also very tempted by a pair of PM4 or PM6 to go alongside for quality listening.  They'll replace a dying pair of Etymotic HF3s with custom moulds - my main question is how the PM will work with classical as that's my main listening?  I like the flat response, the amazing isolation (better with the triple flange, but more comfortable with a mould), the uncompromising detail.  I don't like the microphonics, but I've learned to reduce those and keep still while listening!  I also don't like the fixed cables - both my previous pairs of Etys have eventually died because of cable wear.

A new HF3/HF5 would be around the same price as the PM4.  An upgrade to the ER4 would be a bit over what the PM6 is currently available for on KS.

Argh!  The decisions!  Any other classicists out there care to weigh in with an opinion?

Thanks.

Sep 28, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #6,475 of 24,683
I always thought pm4 was a mini pm6 which was similar to the hunter.

Is this not the case then and the pm4 are a different prospect in terms of sound sig all together in comparison with the 6/hunter?

PM4 from the start has been described as Delta on steroids, so we know thats a light V. From what we've seen of the Hunter it was more mid prominent and still should be but a little flatter. 

Sep 28, 2016 at 8:36 PM Post #6,477 of 24,683
  Hi,

I've done my best to wade through this thread and check for answers, but it's looong so I'm sorry if I missed anything...

I'm about to go for a pair of Airs on Kickstarter, but I'm also very tempted by a pair of PM4 or PM6 to go alongside for quality listening.  They'll replace a dying pair of Etymotic HF3s with custom moulds - my main question is how the PM will work with classical as that's my main listening?  I like the flat response, the amazing isolation (better with the triple flange, but more comfortable with a mould), the uncompromising detail.  I don't like the microphonics, but I've learned to reduce those and keep still while listening!  I also don't like the fixed cables - both my previous pairs of Etys have eventually died because of cable wear.

A new HF3/HF5 would be around the same price as the PM4.  An upgrade to the ER4 would be a bit over what the PM6 is currently available for on KS.

Argh!  The decisions!  Any other classicists out there care to weigh in with an opinion?

Thanks.

I had a similar question - here is what one had to say about the two IEMs: 
post #5138:
Let me put it this way, the Sabre is far, far, far superior to the HF5, PM6 vs is not going to be a fair fight. It'll be like a Reliant Robin trying to race a Lamborghini....

Let me add, I used to think the HF5 has great detail, but after listening to a high end headphone like the Audeze Sine, I find the HF5 to be somewhat thick sounding. I am expecting orders of magnitude more resolution and layering with the PM6 than with the HF5, and I have a feeling my expectation will be fulfilled. 
biggrin.gif

I think it will have slightly less isolation than the HF5 due to the ported design, but not bad by any means.

Sep 28, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #6,478 of 24,683
PM4 from the start has been described as Delta on steroids, so we know thats a light V. From what we've seen of the Hunter it was more mid prominent and still should be but a little flatter. 

You mean Delta V2 on steroids?

Sep 28, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #6,479 of 24,683
You mean Delta V2 on steroids?

Either or. The main difference of the V2 is better control of the bass. Still a slight V with the damped filters, more V with undamped. Bob has used the term 'Delta on steroids' a couple times, may have changed since of course, but the general Delta signature with more extension both ways (hoping for Sabre-esque bass given the similar driver set-up) and stronger technical ability sounds f'n fantastic to me. 

Sep 28, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #6,480 of 24,683

Either or. The main difference of the V2 is better control of the bass. Still a slight V with the damped filters, more V with undamped. Bob has used the term 'Delta on steroids' a couple times, may have changed since of course, but the general Delta signature with more extension both ways (hoping for Sabre-esque bass given the similar driver set-up) and stronger technical ability sounds f'n fantastic to me. 

I think it's safe presume such bass
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back